Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Caring and Owning Horses
 Horse Appraisal and Conformation
 My white boy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GringosGirl
Groomer

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2009 :  1:31:46 PM  Show Profile Send GringosGirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought since I am new to the forum I would drop a couple pictures of my horse. His name is Gringo. He is out of Dash for Cash lines. I have only had him four months, so we are still adjusting to each other. Thought I would also drop a picture of our first trip to the beach. We went on a poker ride last Sunday. 10 miles of beach riding. He did good.

Montezrider
Clinician

USA
1284 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2009 :  4:14:06 PM  Show Profile Send Montezrider a Private Message  Reply with Quote

What a pretty boy! I would love to beach ride some day! Man that looks like a blast! Thanks for sharing!

A good rider has a thinking mind, fine emotions and a sensitive hand.-Tu Yu,72 BC

Go to Top of Page

puddleplasher
Clinician

USA
1296 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2009 :  6:53:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit puddleplasher's Homepage Send puddleplasher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Boy, he sure is shiny in that first picture! Was he wet?

'plash

Pepper sez: "Don't forget the horse!!"
'Plash's Ride Log
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2009 :  7:33:17 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wanna beach ride too!

Gringo is a nice looking guy. Of course, I'm just a little partial to red/white tobys. LOL!

Is the other horse a Clyde? It looks like he's got snow boots on.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

GringosGirl
Groomer

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2009 :  11:10:41 PM  Show Profile Send GringosGirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Splash - No, he's not wet in the first picture. When it's dry out and he's not dirty, he cleans up fairly well. I haven't had a white horse before, I think he's dirty all the time!

PaintGal - The other horse is my dad's horse, he's a Shire. He is a great mellow horse. I almost hate riding with him because everybody wants to stop and talk about him or pet him or take his picture... I guess I take it for granted we have a beautiful big guy out in the field!
Go to Top of Page

killybean907
Clinician

USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2009 :  02:36:36 AM  Show Profile Send killybean907 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome GG from me and my gelding Killian in Alaska! What part of Oregon are you in...right on the coast? There are a few DE members out your way...puddleplasher is in WA...maybe close?

Your ride is a handsome boy...it looks like a fun place to have a poker ride too! Thanks for posting your pictures!

It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
Go to Top of Page

GringosGirl
Groomer

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2009 :  08:59:39 AM  Show Profile Send GringosGirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, I'm not right on the coast. We are along the western edge of the Willamette Valley. About an hour from the coast.

Thanks for all the welcomes!
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2009 :  12:13:25 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Being on dial-up, it takes awhile for the pics to come in. So I usually read all the posts before seeing the pics. I should've known PG's referal to "toby" was Paint talk for "tobiano", but I'm a Foundation Appaloosa admirer and immediately thought "Toby" as in Foundation Appaloosa bloodlines <wiping egg off face> .

I like the pic of you and your dad on the beach. Hey PG! If I can ever get you to ride with me to Lake Monroe again, you can ride on a beach. Not a very big one, but it IS a beach .

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

puddleplasher
Clinician

USA
1296 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2009 :  1:03:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit puddleplasher's Homepage Send puddleplasher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, hey, I didn't realize you were in the Willamette. A friend went riding at Newhalem Park (?) recently, was that where you and your dad went?

'plash

Pepper sez: "Don't forget the horse!!"
'Plash's Ride Log
Go to Top of Page

GringosGirl
Groomer

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2009 :  3:08:11 PM  Show Profile Send GringosGirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We were in Newport of the south jetty. I think it was just called the South Beach State Park. It is one of the designated areas for horses to ride. The Lincoln County Sheriff's Posse was hosting a poker ride.
Go to Top of Page

killybean907
Clinician

USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2009 :  03:18:52 AM  Show Profile Send killybean907 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GringosGirl

We were in Newport of the south jetty. I think it was just called the South Beach State Park. It is one of the designated areas for horses to ride. The Lincoln County Sheriff's Posse was hosting a poker ride.

I've been there...minus a horse. Beautiful area, and it would be FUN taking the horses there I'm sure!

It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
Go to Top of Page

ILoveJoe
Clinician

USA
2499 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  3:05:53 PM  Show Profile Send ILoveJoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to DE. I don't know how I missed a new post with PICTURES! Beach riding looks fun, I think the sight of all that water would give Joe a heart attack.

Go to Top of Page

Arenadirt
Trainer

USA
670 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2009 :  6:15:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Arenadirt's Homepage Send Arenadirt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cool looking boy!

I have a special soft spot for that line. A good friend had a son of Dash for Cash (named "Cash" oddly enough) about 8 years ago. He had been on the track, didn't quite make it and ended up in Kit and Sandy's barn. He was about 17 hands as a 3 yr old, but so gentle, and a smooth ride... then Kit taught him to cut cows - what a sight! He would drop like a rock in the front and worked so quick that Kit was the only one who could stay solid on him. I rode him a bunch, but only a little on cows; he would SURELY have dumped me before long. It felt like I was a rag doll getting flung around on him.

Cash is in Florida now, and as of last report (about a year ago) had won obscene amounts of money as a barrel racer. Still miss that boy. Hope your Gringo is as memorable.

"There is something about the outside of a horse...that is good for the inside of a man." ~Winston Churchill~
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000