Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Caring and Owning Horses
 Horse Training
 What to look for in a trainer -Rocky under saddle-
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

ILoveJoe
Clinician

USA
2499 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  8:28:02 PM  Show Profile Send ILoveJoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am determined that this is the year Rocky goes to school. I have a few questions I would like some advice on.

I have 'interviewed' about 4 people so far.

One guy came out last year and I mentioned him in this post:

http://www.dailyequine.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6145

My concern with this guy was besides his own horse, he had only trained one other horse, but they spoke highly of him. Also spending such a long time in each session was an issue also.

Second guy I spoke to would take Rocky for 30 days for $300 bucks. Downfall to this guy is that my friends know him well and he is hard on the horse. Self taught trainer.

One guy came recommended very well down here, but may have an issue with alcohol and is not reliable. He was $400. Comes from a horse family.

A neighbor 3 houses away learned under a guy named Benny Sargeant and has a degree from Morehead in animal science. She worked for this Benny guy for about 8 years and broke about 30 horses. She charges $600 a month and that includes lessons once a week on Rocky.

Another person is up in Ohio about 2 hours away, she charges $550 plus $50 for hauling Rocky to and fro. She has been training professionally for 5 years but did not mention how many horses she finished.

Is it standard practice to pay the trainer before hand?

Is it out of line for me to ask for references and how many horses they have finished?

Should I let distance be a determining factor?

If someone mentions that they use a training technique you do NOT want done to your horse, but they say they ONLY do it if....could that alone be a enough to say no to that person?

Do you have to click with the trainer you send your horse to?

Is there anything I am not thinking of?

I know these may seem odd off the wall kinds of questions, but I have done EVERYTHING to Rocky since he was 3 months old. I am afraid to let him go into a situation that may cause behaviour issues.

What would a post be without a picture? Rocky April 1st:

Edited by - ILoveJoe on 05/21/2009 10:49:11 AM

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  8:54:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Is it standard practice to pay the trainer before hand?"

It varies with the trainer, but most DO require you to pay in advance. After all, they are boarding your horse, too. I have had two trainers who billed me at the end of the month, and two that charged in advance.

"Is it out of line for me to ask for references and how many horses they have finished?"

Absolutely not!!! It is YOUR horse and YOUR money...ask anything you want! It does seem to me, though, that the best trainers HAVE trained many horses. Experience does mean a lot.

"Should I let distance be a determining factor?"

Yes and no. It should not be the only determining factor. You will do better sending your horse to a good trainer who lives further away, than one not so good, who lives close by. If you can find a great trainer close by, you will be ahead. That way, you can easily check on your horse and ride him when he is ready.

"If someone mentions that they use a training technique you do NOT want done to your horse, but they say they ONLY do it if....could that alone be a enough to say no to that person?"

I guess that would depend. My gut feeling is, yes. Again, it is your horse and your money. You should be able to get what you want.

"Do you have to click with the trainer you send your horse to?"

It sure helps. Really, for the best results, the trainer needs to be able to work with you, too. If there's a huge personality clash, then that is going to be difficult.

"Is there anything I am not thinking of?"

Check out the facilities, ask what your horse will be fed, and ask who will be doing the riding. Most good trainers are really busy, and may have an apprentice ride your horse part of the time. Or even most of the time. This is not necessarily bad...just something you need to be aware of.

"I know these may seem odd off the wall kinds of questions, but I have done EVERYTHING to Rocky since he was 3 months old. I am afraid to let him go into a situation that may cause behaviour issues."

These are not odd questions at all; in fact, I think everyone should take these things in consideration before sending a horse off for training. I have had 3 horses broken to ride for me by professional trainers, and have sent several others to trainers for various problems, so I've had quite a bit of experience with these things.

Another thing to keep in mind...you want the horse trained so YOU can ride him, not just to the point where maybe only the trainer can.

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  05:53:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This would be my choice Candace.

quote:
A neighbor 3 houses away learned under a guy named Benny Sargeant and has a degree from Morehead in animal science. She worked for this Benny guy for about 8 years and broke about 30 horses. She charges $600 a month and that includes lessons once a week on Rocky.

I like the idea of close to home, trained / broke 30 horses, Close enough for check up and lesson on Rocky will be invaluable. Close enough for tune-ups/ lessons later. Close enough to walk him home if things don't work out.

Wander on over a few times to see if you like her and her methods. If so, go for it.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

hoopski
Advanced Rider

USA
419 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  06:01:26 AM  Show Profile Send hoopski a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EZ2SPOT

Another thing to keep in mind...you want the horse trained so YOU can ride him, not just to the point where maybe only the trainer can.

Candace -
Why send Rocky off to a remote trainer? Wouldn't it be so much better to have the trainer, Rocky and yourself together? Then you could keep an eye on the process and learn as well. If a trainer can't be found that would come to you, could you find a situation where you could trailer Rocky to him for day lessons where you both learn? Even if it is only one lesson a week with homework between lessons, your relationship with Rocky will benefit too.
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  06:07:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hoopski

quote:

Candace -
Why send Rocky off to a remote trainer? Wouldn't it be so much better to have the trainer, Rocky and yourself together? Then you could keep an eye on the process and learn as well. If a trainer can't be found that would come to you, could you find a situation where you could trailer Rocky to him for day lessons where you both learn? Even if it is only one lesson a week with homework between lessons, your relationship with Rocky will benefit too.

Actually Hoopski, good reminder. This would be my preferred method too if it could be arranged.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

horsehugger2000
Advanced Rider

USA
493 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  06:30:51 AM  Show Profile Send horsehugger2000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Talk to Mrs Parrot about who she used down your way. I think she was very pleased.

Wendi
Wendi's Riding Log

Go to Top of Page

ArborealEquine
Advanced Rider

433 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  08:04:51 AM  Show Profile Send ArborealEquine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We're in the situation where we have to board, and until recently, having a trainer for Remi was part of the search. When we've had to look, we made our appointments and visited the trainer at the farm. Besides interviewing the trainer, it's a chance to see the condition of the fencing, watch how any farm help acts around the animals, etc. You learn a lot about the personalities of the people just from condition of the property. When we think we have a fit with the trainer and no red flags from the look at the farm, we'll come back a few days later unannounced - just to see whether the first visit impressions were real or a "dog & pony" show.

We've passed on many situations where the trainer was fine, but the facility had safety issues - like the place that had the horse stalls downstairs in an old barn with a fuel tank located on the old hay mow floor over them - or where we observed the stable help being rough with the animals.

The other important thing I would do is ask to watch the trainer in an actual session or two with one of their existing clients' horses. Most will oblige, and actions speak louder than words.

It's a lot to go through, but I think it's important - Bear still has baggage from his first unhappy trainer experience that I deal with every ride. I agree with staying as close as possible to home, but "close" to me is secondary to all the other considerations. Distance is easier to undo than a bad training experience.

AE

hmeyer
Clinician

USA
2194 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  09:16:34 AM  Show Profile Send hmeyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Candace, I would suggest you consider at least 60 days, if at all possible. I really don't think 30 days is enough.

"You learn a thing a day, you store up smart" - Festus Haggen

"A manís soul canít be hidden,
From the creatures in his care." -
Hard Candy Cowboy by Debra Meyer

Go to Top of Page

dunhorsechic
Trainer

USA
584 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  10:24:25 AM  Show Profile Send dunhorsechic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi;
Seems like a lot of great advice has been given.
Not to be the voice of pessimism, but let me just say that almost all trainers will tell you things that just are NOT true....they will tell you what you want to hear, then do whatever they want when you're not there. A busy, fairly well-known trainer TOLD me that. I know a lot of discouraging stories about trainers. Stuff that would curl your hair. Keep in mind, tho, that these were trainers for SHOW stock horses. I don't know what you want to do with Rocky. Who is quite cute, by the way.

No matter who you choose, you need to drop in unannounced frequently, and keep close tabs on your horse.

Sad, but true.

I'm from southern Indiana. I do know of one trainer in northern KY who will treat the horse extremely well, and will do what you want, no lies or deception. PM me if you want her name. Also, I've had a horse at Benny Sargeant's, many years ago.

If you can't be a good example, at least be a horrible warning.
Go to Top of Page

ILoveJoe
Clinician

USA
2499 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  12:53:42 PM  Show Profile Send ILoveJoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hmeyer

Candace, I would suggest you consider at least 60 days, if at all possible. I really don't think 30 days is enough.

Harv, I am hoping that since I have already brought Rocky so far, that 30 days will be all he needs, but if he needs more, no problem I would want him done right.

Dunhorsechic sent me info on a trainer who is down by me and in fact I think my oldest son went to school with her son. I have a message into her and hopefully I will hear from Parrothead also.

Saddlefitting time for the Ol' Rockstar! We'll start with the narrow templates on him.

Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  2:24:21 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know a great trainer just down the road from me!

If I was looking for a trainer, I'd prefer one close so I could check on my horse too. It would also be great if the trainer would work with you and Rocky together rather than after 30 days hand you the lead and say he's trained.

Experience is something else I'd sure look at as well. There are a lot wannabes that may have managed to get a saddle & bridle on a horse without mishap and pronounced the horse trained and themselves a trainer but I'd want to see horses they've trained and references.

Someone who explains what they're doing & why they're doing it is a benefit as well. If you understand what is being taught and why, it makes a lot more sense and tends to stick better.

It sounds like there are at least a couple of good recommendations so hopefully we'll be seeing Rocky Training Updates soon!

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

killybean907
Clinician

USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  6:37:26 PM  Show Profile Send killybean907 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ILoveJoe

Thanks for all the advice.

NOW

The person farthest away is the one I like the most so far. I called her and she called me back within a 1/2 hour. Her methodology includes Parelli, Clinton Anderson, Julie Goodnight, Craig Cameron, Richard Winters, and Gawani Pony Boy. Very similar to my mind set, I pick and choose among the trainers and get a little here and a little there.

She invited me to her facility and wants to come meet Rocky and see me work with him so she can use the same cues or commands I do.

She is going to the Rolex and offered to stop and meet me and Rocky on the 25th. She is also attending a Richard Winters clinic in my area the following weekend and could pick Rocky up afterwards.

I don't have a truck and trailer yet so I can't haul him for day training.

I'll PM Mrs Parrot and see who she used.

I say to go with your gut feeling. If you're having some doubts now...they'll only get bigger. Me, I like the sounds of the one above that YOU seem to like....and she seems willing to work with you.
Just my thoughts.

It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  9:02:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Although each situation is different, I would not be too crazy about the idea of having someone come to my home to break a horse to ride. There are a lot of reasons for this, one being that most people just don't have the facilities needed for optimum safety and success in training. I sure don't!

Having someone come to ride their horses worked for the Hooks because they have their own indoor arena, and therefore were not at the mercy of the weather. Also, it is pretty evident that Mrs. Hook has had a lot of training experience, herself.

Most of us, though, have neither the facilities, nor the experience. It is hard to work consistently with a young horse when you don't have an indoor arena, or at least an outdoor arena with all-weather footing.

IMO, a good trainer could take Rocky and put more training on him in a month, than someone else, only able to ride when the ground is solid, would be able to do in a year.

As long as the distance thing is not impossible to handle, it shouldn't be the deciding factor. I've driven 2 hours each way, twice a week, to ride horses I've had in training. It is worth spending the time, to have a good, safe horse to ride.

EZ2SPOT

Go to Top of Page

ILoveJoe
Clinician

USA
2499 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2009 :  08:02:00 AM  Show Profile Send ILoveJoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
EZ brings up a good point. I don't have an indoor arena, nor an outdoor one, just my dry lots.

The neighbor has an open field that they disced over, and in inclement weather she won't use it. So Rocky could go there and never get ridden if it is raining everyday like it is this month.

No call back yet from the other trainer Dunhorsechic mentioned.

This will be the first time Joe and Rocky will have been separated since Aug of '06.

I also have a call in to my vet to do shots, coggins and health papers...I wonder if there are specific vaccinations Rocky would need to go to Ohio (just in case).

Go to Top of Page

Suki
Tenderfoot

5 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2009 :  08:15:49 AM  Show Profile Send Suki a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hoopski

quote:

Candace -

I agree wholeheartedly. This is what I chose to do when I bought my two year old, who just turned four. I believe the training is as much for you as it is for the horse. You learn together.

I am not a super experienced equestrian, but I've learned enough over the years to do basic training. I started her under saddle last spring and continue to do ground work with her all the time. Now, she needs miles and more work under saddle. I admit that things were easier for me because my horse was a "clean slate" and hadn't developed any problems I needed to correct. She came straight from the breeder to me -- no other owners.

I am still at the early stages of her training (I know, she could be further along, but I chose not to push her at her age). She and I are going to one of Tom Curtin's Horsemanship clinics in June. I feel much better about training her slowly with this method than sending her off to a trainer for 30-90 days while I have no idea what's happening, how much she is trained (too much or too little) each day, general treatment, etc.
Go to Top of Page

ArborealEquine
Advanced Rider

433 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2009 :  1:53:42 PM  Show Profile Send ArborealEquine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Although each situation is different, I would not be too crazy about the idea of having someone come to my home to break a horse to ride.

I don't know, but I think there might be a potential insurance issue for you if the trainer was hurt on your property as well, even if they have their own insurance for their training business.

AE

fracturedbones
Clinician

3424 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2009 :  11:40:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit fracturedbones's Homepage Send fracturedbones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Reading this thread with great interest;

gal coming today to eval my fjord; hopefully having a fjord evaluation this summer (they eval against breed standards). Gal comes highly recommended from a fjord breeder I know. Charges $35 to check him out, tell me what he needs, then we'll decide options, would show him for a fee. She's classically dresage trained but can do anything to my understanding. Her mom and gramma having health issues which are falling on her....hmmmm. Another guy advertises, has youtube videos, does clinics here and in the south, farther away but will train for trail....decisions.

Last year same goal (eval cancelled) plus wanted him trail safe; my "30 days and we'll see" turned into 5 months, great with the trainer, not so much with me after (rider issue) but due to weather/rain, maybe got 3 of 5 months saddle time ; didn't get to the trail part. Trainer got pregnant...... I really did like how he looked with HER, but I couldn't get that out of him. 45 minute drive, went up 3-4 days/wk but often missed her, watched when I could, never got that weekly lesson as part of the package though. She said he was harder to come around then some...I have to agree with that.

I like what EZ said....horse should be trained so YOU can ride him! Will be my mantra....

ILJ, Rocky is a really nice looking horse. I think you do need a meeting of the minds, trainer who takes it as a daily job , set hours, welcomes you to be there, likes to teach you too. 30 days was nothing for my fjord...but that is him. Guess depends on the horse's personality, your starting place, and your finish goals. Think it's kind of a crap shoot.

ILJ, good luck! Be interested in what you decide and how it goes!

RE: Insurance on your property: I checked into that when getting an umbrella policy; my company said they did not cover trainer if accident on my property; would expect trainer would carry their own. Not sure if that is the insurance standard... I'm going to ask this gal if she carries insurance.

Edited by - fracturedbones on 04/18/2009 11:46:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2009 :  3:32:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ILJ, I'm sure you are considering everything, and will make the right decision when the time comes. So many horses out there on the market are spoiled and unsafe to ride...and I'm seeing more and more horses that were never broke to ride at all, because the owner was going to do it "someday" and never got around to it. Or the owner DID try, but made a total mess of it. I'm a firm believer that having a good trainer put a strong foundation on a horse, is the way to go.

Fractured, Jake sounds so much like Warsong. I sent her off for training as a 3-year-old, and, initially, she did well. Then she became bored, I think, and started devising little games to play to make things more interesting. The first time I rode her, she tried to get me off by banging me into the arena wall. She was there for 2 months, and at the end of that time, Ed told me she was a very difficult horse to train, and that maybe letting her mature a year or so, would help. I kept her at home for 8 months, & then sent her to another trainer (the one Parrothead used), for trail training. THEY had her for 3 months, and at the end of that time, she was a fairly good trail horse, but still hyper and wanting to do everything as fast as she could. They told me they'd taken her as far as they felt they could. All that remained was for me to take her home & try to get up the courage to ride her, which took me several weeks! It has been a huge challenge. I love her dearly, but she is NOT an easy horse to train or to ride. Her professional training totaled 5 months, before I felt like I could handle her.

Then there was Butterbrickle...she went to the same trainer who started Warsong. I was able to ride HER on his trails before she'd even been there 3 weeks! While she sure does like to have her own way, she has not been as difficult as Warsong. Her total time at the trainers was a little over 2 months. Big difference between these two, huh?

There are so many variables...and there's nothing easy about making these decisions!

EZ2SPOT

Edited by - EZ2SPOT on 04/18/2009 3:35:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

ILoveJoe
Clinician

USA
2499 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2009 :  11:28:37 PM  Show Profile Send ILoveJoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think insurance could be an issue.

The girl in Ohio has a liability form she is bringing next Saturday.

It was a bit frustrating at work on Friday when I mentioned to a co-worker that I was sending Rocky to a trainer. She immediately started telling me what to do, instead of sending him off. I have already done all of the things, it is just time for someone to get on his back...someone ELSE.

Down here everyone (well almost everyone) does their own feet trimming, breaking and alot of their own vet work, that some people don't understand why I don't just jump up on Rocky myself, and that MY way is not necessarily THEIR way, but is the right way for me and my horses. And IMO so many of the people are too rough on their horses, and to so many folks the attitude is 'that is always how we have done it' so for them it isn't wrong.

I also should put this out there so I don't offend anyone, when someone describes methods to me that a trainer they know uses, and I judge them to be too rough or hard on a horse, that is not saying that the folks telling me about these methods are bad mouthing any particular trainer, that is my perception based on the information I received. Also what is rough to me, may not be rough to alot of folks, and in fact there may be something I do that others would thing is rough. I am sure some people may think my horses are neglected because they are out 24/7. And happily dirty ALL the time.

All of the people I have interviewed are highly respected by their clients etc.

Go to Top of Page

fracturedbones
Clinician

3424 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  12:22:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit fracturedbones's Homepage Send fracturedbones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ILJ, do it your way; it is your horse, and you are paying...then you should have some say in it or find the person that goes with your philosophy. I don't think you are closed to certain correction methods, but something to consider as to correction vs. rough. Those things run through my mind with my horse (mostly cause I am not tough enough).

Once home, you have to be able to duplicate the training and correction as needed to get the same response or it can get sour once home, horse gets confused. So...I think finding trainer in line with your own way of thinking is pretty important.

So, is decisions the Ohio Trainer?? Have you been able to see her work?
Go to Top of Page

BethAnn
Trainer

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  07:41:10 AM  Show Profile Send BethAnn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know where you live but the trainer down the road from me and PG is great and I would trust him with any horse I had.He has done a colt starting clinic with one of my horses and has helped me loads with Gotone.I have never seen improper treatment or head tying at his place and PG and I both tend to just appear to visit.He is in southern indiana.

BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Do not take up the warpath without a just cause and honest purpose. Pushmataha-Choctow leader
Go to Top of Page

ILoveJoe
Clinician

USA
2499 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  10:41:20 AM  Show Profile Send ILoveJoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fracturedbones

ILJ, do it your way; it is your horse, and you are paying...then you should have some say in it or find the person that goes with your philosophy. I don't think you are closed to certain correction methods, but something to consider as to correction vs. rough. Those things run through my mind with my horse (mostly cause I am not tough enough).

Once home, you have to be able to duplicate the training and correction as needed to get the same response or it can get sour once home, horse gets confused. So...I think finding trainer in line with your own way of thinking is pretty important.

So, is decisions the Ohio Trainer?? Have you been able to see her work?

I haven't seen her work yet. Either tomorrow or next Tuesday I am going up to visit her and she is coming Saturday to see Rocky and see how I work with him so she can use the same type cues etc..

I am leaning towards her pretty heavily, but we still haven't met face to face yet.

Go to Top of Page

ILoveJoe
Clinician

USA
2499 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  10:42:43 AM  Show Profile Send ILoveJoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BethAnn

I don't know where you live but the trainer down the road from me and PG is great and I would trust him with any horse I had.He has done a colt starting clinic with one of my horses and has helped me loads with Gotone.I have never seen improper treatment or head tying at his place and PG and I both tend to just appear to visit.He is in southern indiana.

Could you PM me his info?

Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  6:06:07 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not Beth but PMed ya anyway.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

beccajane
Trainer

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  10:24:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit beccajane's Homepage Send beccajane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My 2 cents on trainer Dave....he appears to really care about the horses he rides. I would really like for you to just look at him, if you are thinking of going to Ohio. I would leave my horse with Dave and not worry at all. He seems to be a good honest man who really loves working with horses. Good luck on your decision and , I agree, go with your gut feeling!
Go to Top of Page

ILoveJoe
Clinician

USA
2499 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  10:44:52 PM  Show Profile Send ILoveJoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by beccajane

My 2 cents on trainer Dave....he appears to really care about the horses he rides. I would really like for you to just look at him, if you are thinking of going to Ohio. I would leave my horse with Dave and not worry at all. He seems to be a good honest man who really loves working with horses. Good luck on your decision and , I agree, go with your gut feeling!

He appears to be just about 2 hours away, same as the girl I like in Ohio. My concern with Dave is his itinerary looks pretty full.
His prices look good to me.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000