Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Saddle and Tack Topics
 Saddle Types
 pleasure or roper???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joan
Groomer

Canada
37 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2009 :  2:18:15 PM  Show Profile Send joan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi I again find myself looking for a comfort saddle...I've lately sold my TexTan what I think was a pleasure saddle...now one of my boarders has a what I think is a roper saddle a hereford tex tan and it is sooooo comfortable

I would like a roper for the seat

...I can't stand trail saddles as they make the cantle soo very high now I really don't like the look of it...this is what I had in mind...what is your input on roper seats vs trail or pleasure seats??

Edited by - joan on 03/13/2009 1:43:44 PM

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  05:26:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Joan, welcome back.

You friends saddle looks like a vintage well broken in saddle. Pretty comfy looking for sure.

The Tex Tan Roper saddle looks to be pretty comfortable as well.

You might also want to consider the Tex Tan Pleasure Trail saddles shown here. Mrs Hook has one and several other members like them as well.

http://www.horsesaddleshop.com/tex-tan-saddles.html

This is the one closest to the one Mrs Hook rides in and the soft leather required no break-in. It was comfortable from the start.

http://www.horsesaddleshop.com/16textantexf.html

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson

Edited by - Hook on 03/09/2009 05:29:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

joan
Groomer

Canada
37 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  08:20:58 AM  Show Profile Send joan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I may be interested in the # tt08-4900 but would the seat be the same as the roper seat???...the other trail ones ...I ordered from you a flex tree trail 2 yrs ago and the cantle ..oh those 5" cantles..why why why???
Go to Top of Page

Mrs Hook
Trainer

Canada
862 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  09:52:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mrs Hook's Homepage Send Mrs Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hook

Hi Joan, welcome back.

This is the one closest to the one Mrs Hook rides in and the soft leather required no break-in. It was comfortable from the start.

http://www.horsesaddleshop.com/16textantexf.html

Nope - this is mine!!
http://www.horsesaddleshop.com/pleasure-flex-lite-saddle.html

It has a 4" cantle - the most comfortable saddle I have ever ridden in. Love it!!!!!

Mrs Hook's Riding Log

Go to Top of Page

killybean907
Clinician

USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  5:05:58 PM  Show Profile Send killybean907 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ALL nice looking saddles I think!

I say, whatever works best for you AND the horse....you'll be the ones in it the most!

Let us know which one makes the cut and send the final picture!! I love looking at saddles AND pads.....is there a PAA for saddle pads??

It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2009 :  9:29:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by joan

I may be interested in the # tt08-4900 but would the seat be the same as the roper seat???...the other trail ones ...I ordered from you a flex tree trail 2 yrs ago and the cantle ..oh those 5" cantles..why why why???

Hi Joan;

That question is better directed to Chuck from the Saddleshop. I am only a moderator on the Daily Equine Forum that the Saddle shop sponsors. If you click on the HorseSaddleshop.com link above you will find a link to his Email and a phone number if you require assistance. They are really helpful.

BTW why do you dislike a saddle with a 5" cantle. A lot of folks like it as it does make a more secure seat.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson

Edited by - Hook on 03/10/2009 9:38:01 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000