Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Caring and Owning Horses
 The Beginning Rider
 Hi Everyone.....remember me?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Zuzu
Beginning Rider

59 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  8:06:53 PM  Show Profile Send Zuzu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I come here often and see so many familiar names...except one...I am not sure If I remember his name (I think troy) and he had an appy. Anyone know if he is still around and has his horse?

I joined about 4 years ago,I bought my first horse who was a 5 year old TWH named Dubya in Command (Dubie). I struggled with him for 3 1/2 years until I had a wreck and ended up in the ER! He was sweet as can be but I just did not have the confidence to learn with a young horse so last August I sold him. He was 8. That was the hardest decision I ever had to make.

I swore off of horses, at least riding, and bought a couple of mini's. But a few months later I realized I did not miss Dubie but I missed riding. So I started taking lessons on my instructors lesson horses.

Then a few months later a friend I met on a horse forum gifted me with her 17 year old Peruvian Paso. She thought he was the horse to build my confidence with. I brought him home in November and I am taking it one step at a time. But wow, what a difference having a older horse than a younger one. He is so smart, an ex-showhorse, works off cues, don't even need reins...lol..I ride in the arena with a side pull. He is a big, loving, goober and all he wants to do is please. I am a heavier rider and he is 14.3hh (Dubie was 16hh) but is a stocky buff boy, very unlike the breed.

Here he is...Amante

puddleplasher
Clinician

USA
1296 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  9:28:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit puddleplasher's Homepage Send puddleplasher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Zuzu & welcome back! It's good to hear your story is having a happy chapter in it... I won't say a happy "ending" because clearly you and Amante still have many places to go! He's a good looking boy and it sounds like you will have lots of fun with a horse you can really team up with!

'plash

Pepper sez: "Don't forget the horse!!"
'Plash's Ride Log
Go to Top of Page

Jacobs Buddy
Advanced Rider

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  11:27:27 PM  Show Profile Send Jacobs Buddy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ho he is really handsome. We have a 25 year old morab mare that looks just like him. She is really a
great horse. One of those you could trust with you life and feel like you could go anywhere on. Thats not to say that your horse looks old or anything. He looks great. It is good that you are back in the saddle again.

I whisper but my horse don't listen.
Go to Top of Page

killybean907
Clinician

USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  03:31:04 AM  Show Profile Send killybean907 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Zuzu! I am a VERY chatty member in Alaska...and I loved your "comeback" to riding story!

Amante is a great looking boy, and a pretty mover. So nice to hear that he has a great partner with you. Thanks for sharing your pictures!

It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  05:18:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Zuzu, Welcome back to the Forum.

Troy checked back in in early summer and told us that he had to sell his horse due to some family issues but has not been on for a year or so. I think he checks in once in a while.

Amante looks like "Just what the Doctor ordered" to be your best buddy and sure looks like you have a great match there.

Thanks for the pictures. Stick around and meet some of the folks.

Any more pictures

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  07:19:36 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back, Zuzu!

Amante is a nice looking horse! I'm sorry Dubie put you in the ER and hope you didn't have any serious injuries.

Take your time with Amante and get to know each other. I've been riding a new horse for a few months now and we're taking baby steps. Teeny tiny baby steps. ROFL!!

Please keep us updated on your progress!

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  08:00:34 AM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back, Zuzu. Amante looks great. I like the Peruvian Paso breed. I agree, sometimes older horses are the best to build your confidence on. Keep the updates coming, along with pics so we can see how you're doing.

Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

Go to Top of Page

classair
Groomer

43 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  9:05:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit classair's Homepage Send classair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Zuzu,
Welcome back, He is really handsome I am sure working with Him you will gain the respect and control you deserve.

There are only two emotions that belong in the saddle; one is a sense of humor and the other is patience.

Horses are my form of stress therapy. I would rather be in a saddle than on a couch!

Habits are first cobwebs and then cables.

Treat a woman like a horse, and a horse like a woman, and they both will do their best to please you.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=prWOiL1m4S1eEqnaeDas0VQ
Go to Top of Page

fracturedbones
Clinician

3424 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2009 :  12:35:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit fracturedbones's Homepage Send fracturedbones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Zuzu!
Wow, what a beautiful horse! That color and MANE!!!! And short! And older...the kind I like!

It really does take time to build confience...heck...going on 6 yrs from the "big one" for me...some days willing to face and duke it out more than others.

Hope to hear more GOOD things about you and your horse! And, more pics. Glad you are back.
Go to Top of Page

caitlyn.west
Tenderfoot

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2010 :  3:28:40 PM  Show Profile Send caitlyn.west a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That horse is beautiful! I'm currently in the process of buying a new horse.
very handsome. i love his dark color and hair.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000