Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Caring and Owning Horses
 The Beginning Rider
 Typo
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arenadirt
Trainer

USA
670 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  5:27:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Arenadirt's Homepage Send Arenadirt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
HEY! There's a typo in the topic heading - "beggining".

Just so's y'all know! </grammar nazi>

Mods; pls delete once the typo is fixed...

Thanks!

ILoveJoe
Clinician

USA
2499 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  10:13:41 PM  Show Profile Send ILoveJoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heeehe! You could NEVER work where I do, you would go completely crazy. Our personnel director REGULARLY puts notes on the refrigerator in the break room.

They read something like this:

The refrigerators will be cleaned out on Thursday. Anything that doesn't have Thursdays date on it will be THROWED away!

The first time I saw one of these memo's I laughed out loud and snapped a pic with my phone.

I can handle typos but bad grammar can be contagious. Stay away from bad grammar.
Go to Top of Page

Chuck
Forum Admin

USA
1265 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  10:48:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chuck's Homepage Send Chuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hah! This was actually a test. You get free saddles for LIFE! Thanks. A happy forum is a spelling error free forum.

Chuck

Horse Saddle Shop

http://www.horsesaddleshop.com
Go to Top of Page

killybean907
Clinician

USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  02:32:05 AM  Show Profile Send killybean907 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck

Hah! This was actually a test. You get free saddles for LIFE! Thanks. A happy forum is a spelling error free forum.

WAIT!! You mean I've been holding back on my anal tendencies, and I get NOTHING!?!

It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  08:01:25 AM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep, that's like a sale sign I noticed at Kroger last night: "Rocking chairs - was $169, now $139.

Bad grammar affects me the same as fingernails on a chalkboard!

Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  08:37:52 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
u meen yall dunt wont 2 reed riting wif gramer misteaks.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

hmeyer
Clinician

USA
2194 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  09:05:31 AM  Show Profile Send hmeyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That there feller what put that note on the fridge should be ashamed. I hope you throwed it out.
Rocking chairs was $169?? That IS bad. They shouldn't never be no more than $139 on a regular day.

"You learn a thing a day, you store up smart" - Festus Haggen

"A manís soul canít be hidden,
From the creatures in his care." -
Hard Candy Cowboy by Debra Meyer

Go to Top of Page

Montezrider
Clinician

USA
1284 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  11:10:33 AM  Show Profile Send Montezrider a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Arenerdirt dont you be callin my Grammar a Naatzy! She be wun sweet lil o lady!

A good rider has a thinking mind, fine emotions and a sensitive hand.-Tu Yu,72 BC

Go to Top of Page

puddleplasher
Clinician

USA
1296 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  11:14:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit puddleplasher's Homepage Send puddleplasher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's a t-shirt I'm thinking of getting that says "Bad grammar makes me (sic)!" Guess you have to be a grammar nazi to get it, and a kinda geeky one at that...

'plash

Pepper sez: "Don't forget the horse!!"
'Plash's Ride Log
Go to Top of Page

Jacobs Buddy
Advanced Rider

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  10:49:53 PM  Show Profile Send Jacobs Buddy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
lol! lol! You guys are cracking me up.

I whisper but my horse don't listen.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000