Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Creative, fun and entertaining
 Saddle Shop Corral
 Tracking Ride Time
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

puddleplasher
Clinician

USA
1296 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2009 :  12:13:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit puddleplasher's Homepage Send puddleplasher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Way to go, Killy! I wish I was closer to my horse, your setup sounds pretty darn good! Including the supportive hubby joining you!

'plash

Pepper sez: "Don't forget the horse!!"
'Plash's Ride Log
Go to Top of Page

homein3turns
Trainer

USA
654 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2009 :  12:56:22 PM  Show Profile Send homein3turns a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am jealous Killy I completely forgot about tracking the time so I have no idea how much I have actually been in the saddle this year - not nearly as much as I would like to have been, I know that!

Juli Collier
Pendleton, IN
Juli's Riding Log

"Let a horse whisper in your ear and breathe on your heart. You will never regret it." Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2009 :  8:08:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by killybean907

Just curious how everyone is doing with tracking their ride time. Not something I would normally do, but I'm going to "toot" my own horn here and announce that I've hit 366 hours since January 14th of this year. Considering I had a bit of a bucking problem with my horse last year, I'm pretty darn proud of how far I've gotten with him.
Whew, just goes to show that if you work hard at something....
(and yes, my husband knows where to find me after work... )

WOOW Killy. I lost track of mine in July and August but I am only up to about 30 hours. I think I have far more time into feeding and shoveling than riding. You are an inspiration for me to do better.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

Horsecrazygirl
Clinician

USA
2132 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2009 :  09:29:02 AM  Show Profile Send Horsecrazygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Just curious how everyone is doing with tracking their ride time. Not something I would normally do, but I'm going to "toot" my own horn here and announce that I've hit 366 hours since January 14th of this year. Considering I had a bit of a bucking problem with my horse last year, I'm pretty darn proud of how far I've gotten with him.

WOW Killybean! That's amazing! CONGRATS! I don't think I could find that much time! I've only made it to 160 hours. Of course it has been one of the wettest years making it too dangerous (slippery with all the mud) to even consider going out to ride.

I guess I have some catching up to do!

"In the steady gaze of the horse shines a silent eloquence that speaks of love and loyalty, strength and courage. It is the window that reveals to us how willing is his spirit, how generous his heart."

"The horse, gives you the freedom from all life's challenges." H.Z.

Go to Top of Page

killybean907
Clinician

USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2009 :  01:34:16 AM  Show Profile Send killybean907 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Horsecrazygirl

quote:

WOW Killybean! That's amazing! CONGRATS! I don't think I could find that much time! I've only made it to 160 hours. Of course it has been one of the wettest years making it too dangerous (slippery with all the mud) to even consider going out to ride.

I guess I have some catching up to do!

Thanks...but I must add that we had a GREAT year for riding (w/out your mud!!!) Usually we just have to "cowboy up" and head out in the rain, or snow, or cold, or darkness...but I've been extra determined to work him and start him back from scratch to fill the holes in his training, and we've had good weather. Hard work has paid off and my boy is now know as the "steady eddie" of the barn to accompany the green horses out on the trails.

It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
Go to Top of Page

Horsecrazygirl
Clinician

USA
2132 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  11:26:06 PM  Show Profile Send Horsecrazygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's about 11:26PM here Dec 31st 2009, and I've clocked in 180 hours for the year.

"In the steady gaze of the horse shines a silent eloquence that speaks of love and loyalty, strength and courage. It is the window that reveals to us how willing is his spirit, how generous his heart."

Go to Top of Page

killybean907
Clinician

USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  06:48:21 AM  Show Profile Send killybean907 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've found that my Riding Log chart has become a riding journal of sorts...it's fun to look back at some of the notes that I written down about the rides. Even when not tracking actual ride time, I will keep up the "journal" portion.

Does anyone else click on the others Riding Log charts and read them? Pretty interesting to do so....even the different temps for different areas is fun to note!

Officially as of December 31st, 2009...I clocked in at 435.5 hours. I'm hoping to accomplish many more of my goals for 2010, including more work with cows.
Here's to a happy and healthy 2010 to all of you and our 4-legged buddies, with extra thoughts going towards Annie, Marley and any others needing some special care right now!

It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
Go to Top of Page

Horsecrazygirl
Clinician

USA
2132 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  08:34:04 AM  Show Profile Send Horsecrazygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Officially as of December 31st, 2009...I clocked in at 435.5 hours.

Wow! Congrats! I could only wish to be able to ride that many hours. I do wish I could have made it to 200, but I blame that on the work and the weather.

Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  1:16:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have only a bit over 28 hours recorded. Hookie was of & on with a sore front foot and I missed recording some in mid summer but I did ride on 12/31 and New Years day.

I am going to track again in 2010.

I think Killy was the record holder this year but not all have reported yet.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  5:44:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am pretty sure Killy holds the record!!

Darn, I'm almost embarassed to state my hours! In fact, I was shocked to see how little I'd actually ridden this year. 95 1/2 hours, total. 56 hours on Warsong, only 8 hours on Butterbaby, and 31 1/2 hours on Butterbrickle. It is no wonder that Butterbrickle is barely past green-broke, even though she is 7 this year.

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

tagnrocky
Clinician

USA
1776 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  09:10:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit tagnrocky's Homepage Send tagnrocky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I rode 161 hours & 55 minutes last year. I rode in temps from 19 to 89F. Killy, you put me to shame with our your hours, riding in Alaska for goodness sake!
I'll use you as a motivator for 2010. (What would Killy do?)

Nancy (and Tag & Rocky)
Free & easy down the trail I go......
Go to Top of Page

hmeyer
Clinician

USA
2194 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  11:00:19 AM  Show Profile Send hmeyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I logged 143.25 hours in 2009. Could have been much better! My excuses are: broken leg, horse in hospital, and too dang lazy. Hopefully I can improve on this some in 2010. I have started a new sheet for this year. Is everyone else going to continue it? I think it was a great idea. First time I really ever had any idea how much time I had spent in the saddle. Kind of embarrassing, but it does give you an idea, and something to work for. Way to go Killy! Amazing job. I bet some professionals don't even beat you.

"You learn a thing a day, you store up smart" - Festus Haggen

"A manís soul canít be hidden,
From the creatures in his care." -
Hard Candy Cowboy by Debra Meyer

Go to Top of Page

homein3turns
Trainer

USA
654 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  1:13:11 PM  Show Profile Send homein3turns a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was forgetful and stopped logging my time

If we are going to do it again this year, I will TRY to be better - my excuse, I am old(er) and my memory just ain't what it used to be

Juli Collier
Pendleton, IN
Juli's Riding Log

"Let a horse whisper in your ear and breathe on your heart. You will never regret it." Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Glistening
Beginning Rider

61 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  10:27:47 AM  Show Profile Send Glistening a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You guys all did great. I record my time on the Arabian Horse Assc program. I only got in 51.8 hours of riding time. I did ride all year long too. Last time was 12/31. I sure hope to improve my time in 2010 but I refuse to subject myself to riding in temps below 20. LOL. Great job to you guys though.

Glistening 10 yr Arab/Saddlebred
Scout 25-28 yr Paint/Draft
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  7:13:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm disappointed that I rode so little, but another riding season is coming up, and maybe I can do better this year! I've yet to ride in 2010, and it is supposed to get down to below zero this weekend, so it will probably be awhile before I can climb into the saddle again.

One thing I'm really hoping for is that this will be the year I get Butterbrickle out on the trails!

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  08:29:28 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry to say that I only logged 59 hours! I may have not recorded some short rides but it's a disappointing total to say the least. No excuse other than the wet conditions we had this summer and Bud's foot issues.

I've nothing to record this year yet either but plan on a much higher total for 2010!

Congrats, Killy! You put us all to shame so I won't whine about how cold it is. LOL!

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Horsecrazygirl
Clinician

USA
2132 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  12:06:13 PM  Show Profile Send Horsecrazygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I forgot to post the temperatures that I rode in, I think the coldest was about 0F with -5F wind chills, and the hottest was over 80F, most likely 86F.

Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  5:27:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And here I won't ride unless it is above freezing!! Probably why I have so few riding hours, huh?

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

Horsecrazygirl
Clinician

USA
2132 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  6:51:15 PM  Show Profile Send Horsecrazygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone have big plans for this year for riding or groundwork?

Go to Top of Page

Horsecrazygirl
Clinician

USA
2132 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  6:53:59 PM  Show Profile Send Horsecrazygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone have big plans for this year for riding or groundwork?

Go to Top of Page

homein3turns
Trainer

USA
654 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  9:38:27 PM  Show Profile Send homein3turns a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Going to try CMO this year, trail riding with a purpose

Juli Collier
Pendleton, IN
Juli's Riding Log

Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2010 :  7:52:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd like to do more trail riding & camping, but will have to see how my mom does, & whether I can get away.

Mostly, I'd like to do more riding, overall, even if just at home. I wasted a lot of time last year; days when I could have been riding, but just didn't.

And I'm hoping to be able to bring Butterbrickle to the DE ride this year! We are going to have to do a lot of work at home, first, both groundwork & under saddle. Not to mention working on trailer loading, at which she is not at all good.

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

horsehugger2000
Advanced Rider

USA
493 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2010 :  07:31:31 AM  Show Profile Send horsehugger2000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok now that I have the right topic page. LOL I got 150 hours in. Not as many as I would have liked, but with CMO you get your run in 2-4 hors and your done for the day. Normally when camping we do 5-8 depending where we are. We'll see how it goes this year though. Jill an d I decided we're not going for #1, but plan on taking out new people and showing them the ropes.

Wendi
Wendi's Riding Log

Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  05:28:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by horsehugger2000

Ok now that I have the right topic page. LOL I got 150 hours in. Not as many as I would have liked, but with CMO you get your run in 2-4 hors and your done for the day. Normally when camping we do 5-8 depending where we are. We'll see how it goes this year though. Jill an d I decided we're not going for #1, but plan on taking out new people and showing them the ropes.

150 hours is a good number for sure. Equivalent to about an hourevry 3 days. I am determined to spend more time horse back this year.

Good plan about the CMO.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

Go to Top of Page

Rekrab
Groomer

United Kingdom
39 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2011 :  04:44:34 AM  Show Profile Send Rekrab a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry to revive an old topic, but like others I take my iPhone with me and use a program called Runtastic.

It logs the distance, speed, altitude and works out the calories burnt (So I can see if I can have that Pizza after all) :)

Here's a link to my last beach ride.

Edited by - Rekrab on 04/21/2011 04:48:37 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000