Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Creative, fun and entertaining
 Saddle Shop Corral
 Tracking Ride Time
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Mrs Hook
Trainer

Canada
862 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  5:12:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mrs Hook's Homepage Send Mrs Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by homein3turns

I did it! I did it!

Published my log for all to view but also got on Nakota for the very first time!! I wanted to stay there ALL NIGHT - the view from his back was spectacular and well worth the wait!

Hey that is great. There is nothing more exciting than the first time you sit on your horse, and he is absolutely ok with it.

A big congratulations to both you and Nakota.

Mrs Hook's Riding Log

Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  6:13:35 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
CONGRATS!!

WTG, Juli & Nakota!

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

giddyupmorgan
Trainer

846 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  9:31:14 PM  Show Profile Send giddyupmorgan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dang gum mit. I sitting here with duct tape wrapped around my head to keep my brain from exploding trying to change the shortcuts name and the answer was here all along.

I'll get it done later now that I see how to do it.

Keeping The Kids In a Saddle and Out of Trouble
Giddyup
"Holy Moly I'll Buy What They're Selling" LJD (Get A Little Mud On The Tires)

Morgan's riding log
Go to Top of Page

killybean907
Clinician

USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  03:03:17 AM  Show Profile Send killybean907 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PaintGal

Killy,

You've got to copy the URL of your spreadsheet and paste that into the code.

It should looks something like this: [*url="http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pQsUf6U1qFf0DkFDFck6-Hw"]Killy's Log[/url]. That is the URL to my log so you'll need replace it with the URL to your log. Remove the * and do not leave a space.

HAHA! Well, thanks to Hooks PM and Karen's (repeated, I know! )
instructions, I have finally beaten the LOG puzzle...whew! That WAS harder than the frogs AND the horse puzzle. I think I was going to have my brain explode too...but I'm glad that I was not alone in my struggles!

I need to catch up on my riding hours now!

It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
Go to Top of Page

Horsecrazygirl
Clinician

USA
2132 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  08:10:51 AM  Show Profile Send Horsecrazygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Were you able to add headings to the columns?

Are you getting any sort of error message?

Just a complaint noise from my computer, and it won't open anything up or even save it for me.

"In the steady gaze of the horse shines a silent eloquence that speaks of love and loyalty, strength and courage. It is the window that reveals to us how willing is his spirit, how generous his heart."

"The horse, gives you the freedom from all life's challenges." H.Z.

Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  08:25:49 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Horsecrazygirl

quote:

Were you able to add headings to the columns?

Are you getting any sort of error message?

Just a complaint noise from my computer, and it won't open anything up or even save it for me.

hmmmmm... this has me stumped! I'm thinking maybe a cookie problem like you've got the securtiy set too high. I think mine is set at "medium". There has to be communication between your 'puter and Google because Google autosaves as you enter info. You might add http://spreadsheets.google.com to your "save zone".

Another thought would be that your computer is blocking pop-ups or maybe you need to update Java.

Maybe you could start a new post in Gen. Info explaining what is (or isn't) happening and someone could help. Many people don't keep up on a thread after a time so someone that could help might not see your posts.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

ILoveJoe
Clinician

USA
2499 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  6:07:59 PM  Show Profile Send ILoveJoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alright, I am having technical difficulties.

I made a riding log using google docs.

I reset my profile so I can see everyone's signatures again (why they went away is a mystery), but mine is gone.

The box below is checked to include my signature profile.

AHhh, preview shows everything, but how do I get my riding log to just say Candace Riding Log....

Any help would be appreciated.

Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  6:21:14 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Candace,

You've got to copy the URL of your spreadsheet and paste that into the code.

It should looks something like this: [*url="http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pQsUf6U1qFf0DkFDFck6-Hw"]Killy's Log[/url]. That is the URL to my log so you'll need replace it with the URL to your log. Remove the * and do not leave a space.

It's EASY!

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

ILoveJoe
Clinician

USA
2499 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  6:44:27 PM  Show Profile Send ILoveJoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yay!

Go to Top of Page

Horsecrazygirl
Clinician

USA
2132 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  08:52:52 AM  Show Profile Send Horsecrazygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great riding logs everyone!

"In the steady gaze of the horse shines a silent eloquence that speaks of love and loyalty, strength and courage. It is the window that reveals to us how willing is his spirit, how generous his heart."

Go to Top of Page

hmeyer
Clinician

USA
2194 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  10:51:21 AM  Show Profile Send hmeyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK, I have officially given up on the riding log for this year, since I haven't been in the saddle since January 25th.

I'm hoping to take my first ride at our lesson on April 12th, or maybe sneak one in at home that week first. I go back to the doc April 7th and I'm hoping he says it's OK to ride. The leg is doing well and healing on schedule and I'm walking without crutches now. Hopefully I'll be in good enough shape for our trip to Shawnee on 4/23!

"You learn a thing a day, you store up smart" - Festus Haggen

"A manís soul canít be hidden,
From the creatures in his care." -
Hard Candy Cowboy by Debra Meyer

Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  1:01:11 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Harv,

You can still keep a log! It's not a contest and it would still be interesting to know how many hours you spent in the saddle.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

hmeyer
Clinician

USA
2194 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  1:43:33 PM  Show Profile Send hmeyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK, I might. I was just doing mine on paper anyway, and had logged 4.5 hours through Jan 25th. I'll try to remember to write them down.

Go to Top of Page

Horsecrazygirl
Clinician

USA
2132 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  6:16:57 PM  Show Profile Send Horsecrazygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't quit doing one either Hmeyer! It would be neat to see how much time people actually have in the saddle.

Just thinking, if I had a ground working time record I wonder how much more it would be than riding. Interesting to think about.

Go to Top of Page

killybean907
Clinician

USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  6:43:15 PM  Show Profile Send killybean907 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Harv,

You can still keep a log! It's not a contest and it would still be interesting to know how many hours you spent in the saddle.

....and it's a great tool for keeping notes on individual rides!!!! You never know what the rest of the season will bring anyways, so just take it back up when you can.

Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
Go to Top of Page

hmeyer
Clinician

USA
2194 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  4:10:22 PM  Show Profile Send hmeyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK, PaintGal, tell me what I've done wrong! Too stoopid!

Go to Top of Page

puddleplasher
Clinician

USA
1296 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  6:06:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit puddleplasher's Homepage Send puddleplasher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like you just need quote marks around the actual URL, that's all.

'plash

Pepper sez: "Don't forget the horse!!"
'Plash's Ride Log
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  8:40:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by puddleplasher

Looks like you just need quote marks around the actual URL, that's all.

'plash

Just adding the "quotes" works.

HmeyersSaddleTime

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson

Edited by - Hook on 04/14/2009 8:43:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

killybean907
Clinician

USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2009 :  9:40:44 PM  Show Profile Send killybean907 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Just curious how everyone is doing with tracking their ride time. Not something I would normally do, but I'm going to "toot" my own horn here and announce that I've hit 366 hours since January 14th of this year. Considering I had a bit of a bucking problem with my horse last year, I'm pretty darn proud of how far I've gotten with him.
Whew, just goes to show that if you work hard at something....
(and yes, my husband knows where to find me after work... )

Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2009 :  8:54:20 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WOW! Congrats, Karen! I'm no where near that, unfortunately. I doubt I've made it past 50 and my only excuse is the weather. I KNOW our southern Indiana weather has to be much worse than you weather in Alaska.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

horsehugger2000
Advanced Rider

USA
493 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  06:30:12 AM  Show Profile Send horsehugger2000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great job Killi!!! Not even close here, but I've enjoyed every minute. ( Well maybe not the flying off part) LOL

Wendi
Wendi's Riding Log

Go to Top of Page

puddleplasher
Clinician

USA
1296 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  10:06:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit puddleplasher's Homepage Send puddleplasher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, how do you find the time? I'm only around 130 hours!

'plash

Pepper sez: "Don't forget the horse!!"
'Plash's Ride Log
Go to Top of Page

hmeyer
Clinician

USA
2194 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  10:26:01 AM  Show Profile Send hmeyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WTG Killi! Way ahead of me, too. I thought I was doing pretty good until you piped up!! That's fantastic!

Go to Top of Page

killybean907
Clinician

USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2009 :  04:04:02 AM  Show Profile Send killybean907 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the extra pats on the back guys....but a good reason that my hours are way up is that I'm off 2 months in the summer (school district) and WE didn't get all the rain that you guys got.

I live and work about 5-10 minutes form the barn and I am there and usually riding every day. It helps that we have a great trail system right across the street and 2 good sized outdoor arenas as well. Ice and cold will be coming soon...so we'll see how the weather and footing holds!

I also have a VERY understanding husband that knows that I am re-living my passion after a 30 year break and doesn't mind spending some of the horse time with me.

Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
Go to Top of Page

tagnrocky
Clinician

USA
1776 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2009 :  08:36:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit tagnrocky's Homepage Send tagnrocky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good for you, Killy! You're way ahead of me too! Glad you are enjoying life doing what you love. Life is too short not to!

Nancy (and Tag & Rocky)
Free & easy down the trail I go......
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000