Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Creative, fun and entertaining
 Saddle Shop Corral
 Tracking Ride Time
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

horsehugger2000
Advanced Rider

USA
493 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2009 :  4:37:35 PM  Show Profile Send horsehugger2000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alrighty folks I've already got my first hour logged for the new year!!!!!! I used PG's model on google docs! We played broom polo and man am I gonna hurt tomorrow!(but it'll be a good hurt)

Wendi
Wendi's Riding Log

Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2009 :  5:23:27 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I toughed it out for just over an hour and found out that weather men lie. It was NOT sunny & low 40s. It was 38, cloudy & windy. Actually, it wasn't too bad in the woods but I thought we'd ride to the back of the corn field and WOW! out there with no wind break it was COLD. We decided to make another trip through the woods instead.

I will admit...if it hadn't been for the log, I'd probably have not ridden today but I'm glad I did. It was chilly but a good ride on Joe.

I did modify that log just a little. I thought repeating the name wasn't necessary so deleted that column and added a link to it in my sig.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

puddleplasher
Clinician

USA
1296 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2009 :  8:27:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit puddleplasher's Homepage Send puddleplasher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So then do you have to share the log for the link to work, or does it just work anyway? I'll start adding stuff to my log as soon as I get home this weekend...

'plash

Pepper sez: "Don't forget the horse!!"
'Plash's Ride Log
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2009 :  10:51:52 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
'plash,

You've got to Publish to the Web and you'll get a URL. If you want to do something like I did, you'll need to use the following code but take out the * and don't leave a space.

[*url="your.spread.sheet.url"]the name you want to use[/url]

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

jwcole
Tenderfoot

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2009 :  11:55:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit jwcole's Homepage Send jwcole a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How do you make the link to your google spreadsheet show up in your signature without showing the actual web address (like I have in my signature?)

Blessings in Jesus Name,
Joanne

"If you are lucky enough to ride, you are lucky enough!"

JC's Riding Log
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  07:58:58 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You need to use the following code but take out the * and don't leave a space.

[*url="your.spreadsheet.url"]the name you want to use[/url]

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

horsehugger2000
Advanced Rider

USA
493 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  1:27:49 PM  Show Profile Send horsehugger2000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Better make a sticky PG

Wendi
Wendi's Riding Log

Go to Top of Page

Montezrider
Clinician

USA
1284 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2009 :  4:33:33 PM  Show Profile Send Montezrider a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just testing...

Cindys ride time

A good rider has a thinking mind, fine emotions and a sensitive hand.-Tu Yu,72 BC

Go to Top of Page

Horsecrazygirl
Clinician

USA
2132 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  5:30:07 PM  Show Profile Send Horsecrazygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't seem to get myself a spreadsheet like everyone else has let alone post it in my signature. I just can't seem to get it to work! So if anyone would like to share better ideas on how to make one or anything please let me know.

Thanks!

"In the steady gaze of the horse shines a silent eloquence that speaks of love and loyalty, strength and courage. It is the window that reveals to us how willing is his spirit, how generous his heart."

"The horse, gives you the freedom from all life's challenges." H.Z.

Go to Top of Page

Mrs Hook
Trainer

Canada
862 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  5:49:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mrs Hook's Homepage Send Mrs Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Horsecrazygirl

I can't seem to get myself a spreadsheet like everyone else has let alone post it in my signature. I just can't seem to get it to work! So if anyone would like to share better ideas on how to make one or anything please let me know.

Thanks!

Ed is going to make one for me, and probably himself. When he is finished he can either email it to you, or give you detailed instructions on how to do it.

Mrs Hook's Riding Log

Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  5:56:23 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You need to have a Google account, then choose iGoogle after you've signed into Google. The iGoogle window has a menu at the top...choose "more". There will be a drop down menu...choose "documents". When that window opens, choose "New" and then "Spreadsheet". You can set up your spreadsheet there. You'll need to "Publish to the Web" and then we'll coach you through getting a link in your sig.

It sounds complicated and it looks like a lot of steps but in reality, it's not that hard! Honest.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  6:01:31 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Or.. I can set it up & update it for you. You'd just have to send me the info!

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Horsecrazygirl
Clinician

USA
2132 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  7:47:36 PM  Show Profile Send Horsecrazygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How very sweet of you all. Thank you.

I have tried just that PG, but it wouldn't let me. I shall try again.

"In the steady gaze of the horse shines a silent eloquence that speaks of love and loyalty, strength and courage. It is the window that reveals to us how willing is his spirit, how generous his heart."

Go to Top of Page

Horsecrazygirl
Clinician

USA
2132 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  8:04:26 PM  Show Profile Send Horsecrazygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The same thing happened. It wouldn't let me save it, and there was no button to click on for it to publish to the web. It must be me.

Go to Top of Page

Horsecrazygirl
Clinician

USA
2132 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  8:09:04 PM  Show Profile Send Horsecrazygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Correction, yes there is buttons for everything, but whenever I click on them, they don't open up, and my computer gives me a complaint noise.

Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  06:08:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Correction, yes there is buttons for everything, but whenever I click on them, they don't open up, and my computer gives me a complaint noise.

Are you trying to modify Paintgal's or making a new one of your own? I used Paintgal's as a model but had to create a whole new spread sheet. Under the "sharing" button the one "sharing with the world gets you the "code" with the option of allowing viewers to "view". I found that I had to modify Paintgal's' instruction for providing the link by eliminating the middle "url".

Off to work now but keep trying and between Paintgal and I we will get you set up.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

killybean907
Clinician

USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  04:21:21 AM  Show Profile Send killybean907 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, THAT didn't work....I will need additional assistance on getting my Log posted! But, I'm headed to bed!

NOW it works! Thanks!

It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Karen-Anchorage, Alaska

Edited by - killybean907 on 01/14/2009 03:57:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

horsehugger2000
Advanced Rider

USA
493 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  06:55:30 AM  Show Profile Send horsehugger2000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well somebody did something right Killy!!!!!! You're posted

Wendi
Wendi's Riding Log

Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  07:48:05 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Killy,

You've got to copy the URL of your spreadsheet and paste that into the code.

It should looks something like this: [*url="http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pQsUf6U1qFf0DkFDFck6-Hw"]Killy's Log[/url]. That is the URL to my log so you'll need replace it with the URL to your log. Remove the * and do not leave a space.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Horsecrazygirl
Clinician

USA
2132 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  07:55:21 AM  Show Profile Send Horsecrazygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hook

Are you trying to modify Paintgal's or making a new one of your own? I used Paintgal's as a model but had to create a whole new spread sheet. Under the "sharing" button the one "sharing with the world gets you the "code" with the option of allowing viewers to "view". I found that I had to modify Paintgal's' instruction for providing the link by eliminating the middle "url".

Off to work now but keep trying and between Paintgal and I we will get you set up.

I went onto my account, and tried to create a new one. The computer wouldn't allow me to click or open the sharing button, much less even save my spreadsheet.

Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  08:09:38 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I went onto my account, and tried to create a new one. The computer wouldn't allow me to click or open the sharing button, much less even save my spreadsheet.

Were you able to add headings to the columns?

Are you getting any sort of error message?

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

homein3turns
Trainer

USA
654 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  12:20:43 PM  Show Profile Send homein3turns a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did it! I did it!

Published my log for all to view but also got on Nakota for the very first time!! I wanted to stay there ALL NIGHT - the view from his back was spectacular and well worth the wait!

Juli Collier
Pendleton, IN
Juli's Riding Log

"Let a horse whisper in your ear and breathe on your heart. You will never regret it." Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

sbower
Clinician

1083 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  4:32:49 PM  Show Profile Send sbower a Private Message  Reply with Quote
testing

<'\__~
_(( // ====

Go to Top of Page

sbower
Clinician

1083 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  4:45:43 PM  Show Profile Send sbower a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just testing AGAIN... and this is harder than the frog puzzle....

<'\__~
_(( // ====

Go to Top of Page

sbower
Clinician

1083 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  4:49:11 PM  Show Profile Send sbower a Private Message  Reply with Quote

<'\__~
_(( // ====

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000