Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Saddle and Tack Topics
 Discussions on Fitting Saddles to the Horse
 Saddle Help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

killybean907
Clinician

USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2008 :  03:17:12 AM  Show Profile Send killybean907 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules, but I had to share......For those of you stumbling upon this website and forum (as I did) I would like to give a BIG thank you to Chuck and Dale at the saddle shop!
If you are thinking about a new saddle purchase, I highly recommend!
My nit-picky attention to detail and quality brought me to their website with so many QUALITY saddles and items from which to choose. The e-mails from Chuck with recommendations for saddles, to Dales help with my many questions over the phone (yes, I called and bugged him 4 times, and HE called ME twice) about tree size and fit, made the purchase process and enjoyable one. I love my new Crates Supreme Trail #403-W, (which they didn't carry that exact model, but ordered for me from Crates at no additional charge!) and have been telling everyone about the great site.
BTW, through whatever weird phone line rules (satellite maybe?) Alaska cannot access the 866 toll free line, so some give up. (apparently I was like a dog with a bone though )
So thank you, and I appreciated all the patience and help!!

It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Karen-Anchorage, Alaska

Chuck
Forum Admin

USA
1265 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  09:09:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Chuck's Homepage Send Chuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you! I'm glad this was a pleasant experience for you.

Chuck

Horse Saddle Shop

http://www.horsesaddleshop.com
Go to Top of Page

killybean907
Clinician

USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2008 :  06:55:45 AM  Show Profile Send killybean907 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been telling everyone about your online shop and ALL that you carry! Even Dan Crates had nothing but great stuff to say about you guys! Between all the products and help at your shop and the help and information from everyone here at the forum.....just the vet and the farrier is "almost" all else I need!
P.S. The phone company tells me that we are too far north to access the satellite that uses the (866) toll free area code, That explains why we get the, "please check the number dialled" recording. Cryin' shame!
I know I will be buying more stuff...I'm addicted!
Thanks again,
Karen
Anchorage, Alaska

Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2008 :  08:05:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was fortunate enough to visit thesaddleshop last year. I was impressed with the welcome by Chuck and Dale.

I can't say enough about how good their service is. Mrs Hook ordered a Dakota barrel saddle special order 14" seat and it was built and shipped in record time with absolutely No hitch.

Here is a link to the post of my visit. I think I may have to go back to make sure I get the right new saddle for Hookie.

http://www.dailyequine.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5369

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson

Edited by - Hook on 08/16/2008 08:07:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

killybean907
Clinician

USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  05:30:19 AM  Show Profile Send killybean907 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hook,
All I can say is WOW! Thanks for the link showing your visit to the Saddle Shop, I enjoyed reading the whole thread! I would think that it felt like a kid in a candy store...how did you get out of there without picking up a truckload of goodies? I would LOVE to have a place like that close to here!
I admit that just my experience of a saddle purchase doesn't amount to a big deal to Chuck or Dale, but I was treated with the kind of service that you don't normally get anymore...especially over the phone /e-mail!!

P.S. I gotta tell you, Dale looks just like I pictured !

Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
Go to Top of Page

garlicbunny
Tenderfoot

14 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2010 :  5:45:20 PM  Show Profile Send garlicbunny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Killybean,

read part of your blog. Moose and dogsleds, thats way cooler than deer turkeys and geese! I have an email sent to Charlie about the Crates 2171. I tried 26" saddle that someone left at the barn for sale, I tried it on him and the back came right even with his hip. Might work since the 2171 is round. We'll see. Thanks for recommending HorseSaddle Shop!

Go to Top of Page

killybean907
Clinician

USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2010 :  6:18:50 PM  Show Profile Send killybean907 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Glad to hear Patti, Chuck and Dale are very knowledgeable and will make sure that you get what you need....

Don't forget to send in to everyone here your pictures of Dillon and your hellos!

(Patti is from Ohio!)

Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
Go to Top of Page

garlicbunny
Tenderfoot

14 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2010 :  6:47:51 PM  Show Profile Send garlicbunny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hummm, well I downloaded the info to submit pic's. Now guess I have to put in the effort and concentration to actully do it. did the wither tracing today (for what its worth) and took pix of the templates so I just need to print the pix to go with the info. I am very happy to work with a company with a great reputation. patti
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2010 :  9:09:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Patti;

Looking forward to your template pictures.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2010 :  9:15:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hook

I was fortunate enough to visit thesaddleshop last year. I was impressed with the welcome by Chuck and Dale.

I can't say enough about how good their service is. Mrs Hook ordered a Dakota barrel saddle special order 14" seat and it was built and shipped in record time with absolutely No hitch.

Here is a link to the post of my visit. I think I may have to go back to make sure I get the right new saddle for Hookie.

http://www.dailyequine.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5369

I actually did finally order a Dakota Flex Barrel Saddle with FQHB to fit Hookie. Special ordered with rough out fenders and Jockeys only added a couple of weeks to the delivery. Hookie is very pleased.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

Go to Top of Page

killybean907
Clinician

USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2010 :  03:04:27 AM  Show Profile Send killybean907 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

NICE saddle for Hookie!
I know they will be able to help Patti (garlicbunny) with her saddle issues for her horse Dillon (big shoulders, short back) That type of Dakota would work well for her as well!

Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
Go to Top of Page

killybean907
Clinician

USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2010 :  03:12:20 AM  Show Profile Send killybean907 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by garlicbunny

hummm, well I downloaded the info to submit pic's. Now guess I have to put in the effort and concentration to actully do it. did the wither tracing today (for what its worth) and took pix of the templates so I just need to print the pix to go with the info. I am very happy to work with a company with a great reputation. patti

Glad to hear Patti!(and I see that I think I told you the wrong model # on my saddle, it's the 403-4W
Look at the photo of Hooks Dakota saddle on one of his horses, Hookie. That might be a good option for you too....
Good luck!

Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
Go to Top of Page

Xenya
Tenderfoot

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2010 :  09:38:41 AM  Show Profile Send Xenya a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You know The Saddle Shop also helped me over the phone. I needed the cheapest saddle that would fit my horse, and they steered me away from other cheaper brands and pointed me toward Big Horn, even though they were out of stock on them. So I was able to find a used one on the internet. That shows they care about the customer and the horse more than just the sale.

Xenya from SE TX
Go to Top of Page

garlicbunny
Tenderfoot

14 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2010 :  7:35:11 PM  Show Profile Send garlicbunny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I ordered my Crates from Horse Saddle Shop with help from Charlie.
That was back in April 2010. I ordered it on a thursday afternoon and it came the very next day at 2:30! I am more than happy with the saddle shop and now that my husband wants to get a horse, we will find one that fits under my saddle..lol... and place the order through the Horse Saddle Shop... they are the best.

Now for pictures...hummm have to work on that, wish it was as easy as facebook!
Go to Top of Page

killybean907
Clinician

USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2010 :  02:03:34 AM  Show Profile Send killybean907 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

That was back in April 2010. I ordered it on a thursday afternoon and it came the very next day at 2:30! I am more than happy with the saddle shop and now that my husband wants to get a horse, we will find one that fits under my saddle..lol... and place the order through the Horse Saddle Shop... they are the best.

Glad to hear about another happy customer! Saddles are a difficult purchase if you don't know what you're looking for in type and fit, so it's great to have folks at the Horse Saddle Shop so knowledgeable and willing to help find the right saddle.
Happy Trails!

Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
Go to Top of Page

garlicbunny
Tenderfoot

14 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  5:25:04 PM  Show Profile Send garlicbunny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Killybean, I believe you were the one whom helped me and talked me into the Horse Saddle Shop. Thank you very much! They were great and will definetely order from them again!
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  7:42:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Check out the instructions here.

http://www.dailyequine.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5731

Hook(ed)......on Horses

Go to Top of Page

Chuck
Forum Admin

USA
1265 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  10:08:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chuck's Homepage Send Chuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
.... and I thank you as well Killybean (Karen)!

Chuck

Horse Saddle Shop

http://www.horsesaddleshop.com
Go to Top of Page

killybean907
Clinician

USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2010 :  4:43:25 PM  Show Profile Send killybean907 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck

Always a pleasure to promote a great business that puts their customers first!

Karen-Anchorage, Alaska
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  04:48:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by killybean907

quote:
Originally posted by Chuck

Always a pleasure to promote a great business that puts their customers first!

I am voting with Killy here.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

Go to Top of Page

garlicbunny
Tenderfoot

14 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2012 :  6:26:24 PM  Show Profile Send garlicbunny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well here it is almost 2 years later and the first picture is when I received my new Crates 2171 w. I was so happy to see the flair in this pic. Since then in Oct 2010 he bowed his tendon running with his herd so was out of commission for riding, we bought a new mare for my hubby in June of 2011 and would be just a couple weeks before I could ride my horse again so was just about perfect timing.....until he got hit indirectly by lightining...yes he survived and is doing very well! So have been riding him with a bareback pad a little since late last year Oct/Nov and am now riding him quite a bit for winter 16 mi in Jan, over 30 in Feb and at least that much already in March. My hubby has been using my saddle on his horse and it appears to fit her very well, except we have to continually shift it back to the center of her back..it slides to the right. Have are still getting Chiro/acupunture done on her..just about everything was off on her left so that may be why the saddle need constant shifting back into place.
Anyways the saddle that was purchased for my horse is a tad wide for him now, guess I am hoping he will fill out after getting back into shape. The rest of the pic's are from a couple weeks ago. Charlie took a look at some of the pic's and didn't see a problem with it on either horse. When I am riding though unless his head is down it is tight with no flair..even if he just turns his head a tad either way or brings his head up it is tight. You just cant see it. well here goes..lets see if the pic downloads from facebook.
ok it won;t let me, guess I will read up on the post above that shows how..
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2012 :  7:16:38 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you're trying to link a pic from FB, you'll need to get the larger pic, RIGHT click on it, go to "properties" and copy the URL. Then you can insert that into your post by putting brackets around IMG and /IMG with the pic URL between the ] & [.

It should look like this but with NO spaces:

[IMG ]URL[ /IMG]

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000