Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Saddle and Tack Topics
 Saddle Types
 what type of saddle is this ???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joan
Groomer

Canada
37 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2008 :  11:12:49 AM  Show Profile Send joan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi..I'm purchasing this tex tan 15" but don't know what type of saddle this is ??? is it a barryl or roper or show ..reason I'm asking is it has the single skirt.

oops here is the picture

Edited by - joan on 09/06/2011 7:31:43 PM

Montezrider
Clinician

USA
1284 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2008 :  11:54:45 AM  Show Profile Send Montezrider a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Sorry, I don't know what kind it is... just had to say it's pretty!

A good rider has a thinking mind, fine emotions and a sensitive hand.-Tu Yu,72 BC

Go to Top of Page

hmeyer
Clinician

USA
2194 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2008 :  2:55:46 PM  Show Profile Send hmeyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looking at the size of the horn, I don't think it's a roping saddle. My guess would be barrel due to the deep seat, but not sure.

"You learn a thing a day, you store up smart" - Festus Haggen

"A manís soul canít be hidden,
From the creatures in his care." -
Hard Candy Cowboy by Debra Meyer

Go to Top of Page

FLOOPER
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2008 :  3:02:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit FLOOPER's Homepage Send FLOOPER a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To me, the pommel isn't wide enough and the seat isnt' deep enough I don't think to be a barrel saddle. Most barrel saddles I've seen or owned have wider pommels to lock the knees in and a higher cantel to hold the butt in place. But I definitely could be wrong. Hmyer is right...that's way to small and thin of a horn to be roper. Looks to me like just your basic western pleasure saddle..

Flooper

"I'm a man. I can change. If I have to. I guess."
The Man's Prayer from the Red Green Show

Edited by - FLOOPER on 05/22/2008 3:09:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2008 :  9:15:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by joan

Hi..I'm purchasing this tex tan 15" but don't know what type of saddle this is ??? is it a barryl or roper or show ..reason I'm asking is it has the single skirt.

oops here is the picture

Except for the silver lacing this looks like the Virginian trail saddle shown here on the saddleshop.

http://www.horsesaddleshop.com/tex-tan-virginian-saddle.html

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

joan
Groomer

Canada
37 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  08:54:06 AM  Show Profile Send joan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thank you all for your input ....I also thought it looked like the Virginian trail but the horn and single skirt made me wonder...I've contacted TexTan and there not lots of help...I've even sent them a picture and with no reply
Go to Top of Page

LindaOz
Trainer

USA
534 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2008 :  3:08:37 PM  Show Profile Send LindaOz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow! What a gorgeous saddle!!!

Linda
Go to Top of Page

pellie
Tenderfoot

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  9:03:23 PM  Show Profile Send pellie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i would say it an all-around saddle!
Go to Top of Page

com12man
Tenderfoot

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2011 :  7:35:09 PM  Show Profile Send com12man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Most Tex Tan saddles have numbers and letters on the inside above the stirrups. Give these to Tex Tan and maybe then they can help.They helped me with my flex tree saddle that I bought used.
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2011 :  06:23:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi com12man, welcome to the Forum. Thanks for the hint on the Saddle ID.

Hope to see more of you here on the Forum. Tell us a bit about you and your horses.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

com12man
Tenderfoot

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2011 :  09:17:21 AM  Show Profile Send com12man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My horse is a Spotted Saddle Horse.I got him free but found out there is no such thing as a free horse.His name is Max ,he is 1,300 lbs 16-2 hands high and he eats like a horse.This is the 1st horse I ever owned.I had him 2 yrs now.He seems to teach me more then I teach him.I'm afraid he has been spoiled by me already.He thinks he's just a pet and not a horse.I take him out on the weekends behind my house in the 100 acre overgrown sod farm.He is faster at getting home then going.Lol.He is 10 yrs old.He is a gaited horse.I've tried a Tom Thumb bit on him but he likes the Dr Cook western headstall best.I change every once in awhile.I'm 56 yrs old ,married for 36 yrs almost and my wife doesn't ride anymore,went on a trail ride with her yrs ago and her back ached for 3 months so she turned me on to riding and then that was it.I ride alone .I have a old kingston horse trailer 1977 but it needs paint on the inside and the wife has to many projects for me to do lately.I live on Long Island New York.
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2011 :  07:18:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by com12man

My horse is a Spotted Saddle Horse.I got him free but found out there is no such thing as a free horse.His name is Max ,he is 1,300 lbs 16-2 hands high and he eats like a horse.This is the 1st horse I ever owned.I had him 2 yrs now.He seems to teach me more then I teach him.I'm afraid he has been spoiled by me already.He thinks he's just a pet and not a horse.I take him out on the weekends behind my house in the 100 acre overgrown sod farm.He is faster at getting home then going.Lol.He is 10 yrs old.He is a gaited horse.I've tried a Tom Thumb bit on him but he likes the Dr Cook western headstall best.I change every once in awhile.I'm 56 yrs old ,married for 36 yrs almost and my wife doesn't ride anymore,went on a trail ride with her yrs ago and her back ached for 3 months so she turned me on to riding and then that was it.I ride alone .I have a old kingston horse trailer 1977 but it needs paint on the inside and the wife has to many projects for me to do lately.I live on Long Island New York.

Thanks for the information about your horse adventures. Max sounds like a great horse and I would love to see a picture.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000