Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Caring and Owning Horses
 Horse Training
 CRUISER STARTS KINDERGARTEN
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2008 :  2:22:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is a shot of Skip Zan Parr.

Cruiser's brother Profit (Northern Prophesy)

Profit's kids, Flyer and Promise

Promise, Cruiser's half sister from Profit

Profit with a get-down move.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson

Edited by - Hook on 02/15/2008 2:44:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Arenadirt
Trainer

USA
670 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2008 :  2:41:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Arenadirt's Homepage Send Arenadirt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great stars and blazes! (should be a cliche) That bottom pic of Profit makes my heart sing!!! Horses are truly the masters of expression through body language, and when they want to show joy it's overpowering. At least it overpowers me. Thank you, Hook.

Edited by - Arenadirt on 02/15/2008 2:44:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

Mrs Hook
Trainer

Canada
862 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2008 :  3:49:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mrs Hook's Homepage Send Mrs Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A.D.
That bottom picture of Profit as well as the side shot one were both taken the same time. We were playing "whip games" and Ed was taking pictures.

When he was still a stud and didn't have anyone for company, I used to take the longe whip out and start cracking it. He advances and retreats and just when I get within touching distance he spins and takes off, runs in a circle around me and comes back in again.

We also did a cutting version were he tried to get by me and I tried to block him. It was great fun, but since he has been gelded and out with the others all the time, he doesn't ask to play very often anymore. I really miss it, and he used to enjoy it so much - as you can tell with those pictures.

Mrs Hook's Riding Log

Go to Top of Page

Arenadirt
Trainer

USA
670 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2008 :  4:58:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Arenadirt's Homepage Send Arenadirt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's so darling!

When Seven was a baby, so was our cow dog Angel. They used to face off with each other, each trying to "herd" the other. Now that they're grown up, they're basically joined at the hip. Given the chance, Angel will lie down in front of Seven and simply stare into his face - for hours. Literally. Unless I call her... in which case this is what happens:

Go to Top of Page

Arenadirt
Trainer

USA
670 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2008 :  5:25:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Arenadirt's Homepage Send Arenadirt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What crop is that, growing behind Promise in the second to bottom picture?

Not that it's important but I was curious, and it gets me to 50 posts so maybe now I can ride (even as a beginner, it's a step up from grooming!). Don't know if I should be happy, or ashamed for spending that much time here.
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2008 :  7:38:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arenadirt

What crop is that, growing behind Promise in the second to bottom picture?

Not that it's important but I was curious, and it gets me to 50 posts so maybe now I can ride (even as a beginner, it's a step up from grooming!). Don't know if I should be happy, or ashamed for spending that much time here.

Promise was about a year and a half old in the picture taken ion august of 2006 and the crop was Soybeans that year.

Seven is sure a nice looking horse and Angel sure knows how to "come a runnin'"

Congratulations on your 50th.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000