Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Creative, fun and entertaining
 HAA, GTA and others....
 Visit to the Saddleshop
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2007 :  8:19:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am sitting here in a hotel in Howe Indiana anticipating finally meeting Chuck (and Dale)at the Saddle Shop tomorrow in Bremen, about an hour or so further west.

My business in Howe finishes around 1:00 or so I hope to be at the Saddleshop by Mid-afternoon. Chuck is aware of my planned visit and I am really looking forward to meeting the man responsible for creating this Forum and the place where we can chat with friends and share sorrows and successes with some of the finest folks around.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2007 :  9:13:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You will <heart> The Saddleshop! It is an amazing place! Make sure to give yourself enough time to see EVERYTHING!! lol (I don't think it's possible in a single day!) Have fun!

-Saddletramp

"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"
Go to Top of Page

tagnrocky
Clinician

USA
1776 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2007 :  08:47:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit tagnrocky's Homepage Send tagnrocky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope you took your camera!
Thanks again to Chuck for bringing us all together!

Nancy (and Tag & Rocky)
Free & easy down the trail I go......
Go to Top of Page

Horsecrazygirl
Clinician

USA
2132 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2007 :  09:22:59 AM  Show Profile Send Horsecrazygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How exciting!
Ditto to TagnRocky!

"In the steady gaze of the horse shines a silent eloquence that speaks of love and loyalty, strength and courage. It is the window that reveals to us how willing is his spirit, how generous his heart."

"The horse, gives you the freedom from all life's challenges." H.Z.

Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2007 :  11:24:23 AM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And just when are you going to head down to Kentucky to visit the Kentucky DE members? ^_^

Looking forward to seeing the pics of your visit to the Saddleshop and Chuck.

Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

Go to Top of Page

Chuck
Forum Admin

USA
1265 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2007 :  6:34:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chuck's Homepage Send Chuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was dreading the thought seein Hook with camera in hand, and very thankful when I met him with no cameras in sight. What a very pleasant person. I enjoyed chatting with Hook for a bit and was able to escape being recorded on camera. You know it is a bit nerve racking meeting the esteemed Hook, but in person as on the forums he has a way of putting you at ease.

Chuck

Horse Saddle Shop

http://www.horsesaddleshop.com
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2007 :  7:36:16 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WHAT??

NO PICS?

I can't believe Hook didn't have his camera! Was there bribery involved?

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

puddleplasher
Clinician

USA
1296 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2007 :  8:01:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit puddleplasher's Homepage Send puddleplasher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No pics??? Not even of the shop? Those of us who can't get to it were dying to see what it looked like. Hmmmm, PaintGal, if Hook suddenly has a cool new saddle, then we'll know you were on the right track....

'plash

Pepper sez: "Don't forget the horse!!"
'Plash's Ride Log
Go to Top of Page

beccajane
Trainer

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2007 :  10:35:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit beccajane's Homepage Send beccajane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Chuck,
You met the same person as I did this summer. Isn't he just a peach of a guy? You should meet the Mrs! Very interesting people! As far as that goes...ya shoulda come to the DE Trail Ride! You sure have collected a great bunch of people! Red Hawk, Paintgal, TagnRocky (and Deb), Gotone, EZ, Mr & Mrs Parrot, Tuffy,and my hero, OTW! I just wish we could have ALL been able to meet, but I guess that just gives us something to look forward to! And we all thank you for this wonderful forum!
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2007 :  05:41:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Never fear.
Chuck did sneak away without a picture just because Mrs Hook called me on the phone (to check on when I would be leaving just in case I was so engrossed with talking to Chuck I would forget that I had a long drive home) as I went to the car to get my camera. (I don't think Chuck was aware of the plan but he did leave pretty quickly.)

I do have some shots of both the outside and inside of the shop as well as a pretty good one of Dale.

I will post a few later on after the download and resizing. If I don't get to them today it will probably be tomorrow or Monday when we get back form the Congress.

If you ever get a chance you just have to vist the Shop. You just have to meet Chuck in person. A VERY nice person who knows his customers, his product and the marketplace. We had a great chat about everything from saddle manufacturers, his customer base around the world, inventory management, and business acquisitions to barn construction.

And you really have to meet Dale. He is a living example of the philosophy that " if you love the job you do, you will not have to work a day in your life" Dale loves serving customers and started the Saddle Shop 22 years ago as something to do at an age when most folks retire.

The time flew by just way too fast. Someday I am going to go back when I have time to give to a real visit.

Be on the look out for pictures. Stay tuned.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2007 :  06:10:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by appygirl

And just when are you going to head down to Kentucky to visit the Kentucky DE members? ^_^

If I am ever down that way I will be sure to look you up. Is Columbus close enough. We will be at the Congress tomorrow afternoon and all day Saturday.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2007 :  08:49:27 AM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can't wait to see the pics you did get. I would love an opportunity to visit the Saddleshop and meet Chuck and Dale. I really think that when we have the 3rd Annual DE ride in '08 that Chuck needs to officially open the weekend. What do you think?

Hook, with some planning pehaps we can meet up on some future trip you and the Mrs. take down this way. Can't do it tomorrow or Saturday since I'll be working.

Appygirl

The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,

Go to Top of Page

Mrs Hook
Trainer

Canada
862 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2007 :  09:35:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mrs Hook's Homepage Send Mrs Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by appygirl

Hook, with some planning pehaps we can meet up on some future trip you and the Mrs. take down this way. Can't do it tomorrow or Saturday since I'll be working.

His trips all over the place are on business, and "The Mrs", who is really the "Stableboy", has to stay home to deal with all the animals that live here.

He does have one in the works to Portland Oregon, and than one I am going with him!!! The lady who owned Zan, Cruiser's and Profit's father lives close and I'd like to go visit. She also has a weanling blond Zan daughter she just advertised in the Journal, that I would just love to have. Wonder, if I can put her in a big dog crate and ship her back in the plane with us?

On second thoughts, wonder if I could talk Mr Hook into driving truck and trailer!! Shouldn't be too bad, only three or four days on the road!! Hey OTW did it, why can't we?? Then I would have absolutely no reason, to not bring her home with me.

Mrs Hook's Riding Log

Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2007 :  1:14:06 PM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shouldn't this part of the post go under HAA? lol

Appygirl

The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,

Go to Top of Page

ILoveJoe
Clinician

USA
2499 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2007 :  1:20:31 PM  Show Profile Send ILoveJoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am really looking forward to the photos. You are so fortunate to have met Chuck in person.

I would go crazy in a tack shop, we had a big one in Ohio close and with State Line closing their stores in the Petsmarts, there is a huge need for decent tack shops in the NKY area.

Go to Top of Page

Chuck
Forum Admin

USA
1265 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2007 :  2:13:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chuck's Homepage Send Chuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I would go crazy in a tack shop, we had a big one in Ohio close and with State Line closing their stores in the Petsmarts, there is a huge need for decent tack shops in the NKY area.

Just remember, we are a very humble people at The Saddle Shop..... Imagine squeezing a month of new clothes in an old overnight bag

Chuck

Horse Saddle Shop

http://www.horsesaddleshop.com
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2007 :  9:47:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is a few pictures that I took at the Saddle shop. My camera was not as cooperative as usual (it seems that even with two batteries they do run down) but I managed to salvage a few.

If you ever have time you need to vist The Saddle Shop. Chuck and Dale make every bit of available space count. If you need a Saddle chances are it is in stock. Bulk buying and the location of the shop out in the country create a low cost operation where the savings get passed on to customers. When you tie the low cost with a next to none world class service you begin to understand why the Saddle shop is one of the top on-line saddle retailers selling saddles world wide.

When you pull up to the saddle shop this is what greets you.

The Saddle Shop and Dale have been together for 22+ years.

The Saddles inside the shop

Bits and miscellaneous Tack

and a couple of other pictures that survived.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

Go to Top of Page

BethAnn
Trainer

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2007 :  07:36:25 AM  Show Profile Send BethAnn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wish I could have been there maybe paintgal can be pursuaded to check it out with me sometime!!!!I really need to get out more!
BethAnn

BethAnn Stewart
Palmyra,Indiana

Lovie-gypsy vanner
Lad- Clydesdale

Do not take up the warpath without a just cause and honest purpose. Pushmataha-Choctow leader
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2007 :  2:37:49 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
GEESH! Does Chuck have rooms to rent? There's no way one could look through all that stuff in just one day!

Maybe we'll take a road trip someday & motor up there.

Thanks for the peek, Hook!

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

mtn rider
Trainer

Canada
634 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2007 :  11:32:10 AM  Show Profile Send mtn rider a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK, now I am jealous!

What an awesome trip to be able to go see it all.

Ride safe, return safe.

Go to Top of Page

fracturedbones
Clinician

3424 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2007 :  12:31:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit fracturedbones's Homepage Send fracturedbones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Neat to see pics of something I only imagine in my mind from internet. I am drooling over the tack abundance......
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000