Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forum Suggestions & Information
 Board Tips, Ideas and Suggestions
 search engine
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sbower
Clinician

1083 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2007 :  10:30:53 AM  Show Profile Send sbower a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK I know some of you are getting the search function to work on this forum but I have never been able to use it. It always times out and frequently will lock up my computer so I have to shut everything down and start over.

So what's up? I use mozilla but I've tried it with Internet explorer too. My computer uses windows xp...its plenty fast enough.... I'm stumped and I'd love to have the search function!

<'\__~
_(( // ====

hoopski
Advanced Rider

USA
419 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2008 :  12:37:03 AM  Show Profile Send hoopski a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sbower

OK I know some of you are getting the search function to work on this forum but I have never been able to use it. It always times out and frequently will lock up my computer so I have to shut everything down and start over.

So what's up? I use mozilla but I've tried it with Internet explorer too. My computer uses windows xp...its plenty fast enough.... I'm stumped and I'd love to have the search function!

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2008 :  06:22:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the secret is limiting the time on the search. Open ended searchs seem to time out.

Try a few with more defined shorter limits and see how it works.

This

Search For: search
Search for all Words
Search Forum: All Forums
Search In: Subject Only
Search By Date: In the Last Year
Search By Member: All Members

Gives this

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,15,16,18,22 All Forums
Search Form
Search Results for: search
Topic Author Replies Read Last Post
General Discussions / Saddle Shop Corral
Dry turkey? NOT! New research! OnTheWay 18 440 11/27/2007 13:09:00
by: OnTheWay
General Discussions / Trails
My mule search may be over!!!!! tuffy2712 25 651 06/30/2007 07:54:28
by: Hook
Saddle and Tack Topics / Fitting Your Saddle to You
conformation that makes saddle searching a career Montezrider 6 525 09/03/2007 11:42:28
by: Stormie
Forum Suggestions & Information / Board Tips, Ideas and Suggestions
search engine sbower 2 365 02/12/2008 06:22:21
by: Hook

Old Posts. ( 20 replies or more.)
Locked topic.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson

Edited by - Hook on 02/12/2008 06:44:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

puddleplasher
Clinician

USA
1296 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2008 :  11:07:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit puddleplasher's Homepage Send puddleplasher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, the new Google custom search widget that appeared at the upper right seems to work pretty well! Great addition! I could never get the old search to work either.

'plash

Pepper sez: "Don't forget the horse!!"
'Plash's Ride Log
Go to Top of Page

hoopski
Advanced Rider

USA
419 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2008 :  3:12:52 PM  Show Profile Send hoopski a Private Message  Reply with Quote
PP - That is a cool widget. Works great.

Thanks,
Steve
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000