Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Caring and Owning Horses
 Horse Appraisal and Conformation
 TO POST PICTURES ON THE FORUM
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  05:41:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
TO POST PICTURES ON THE FORUM

From PhotoBucket
• Open an account at http://photobucket.com
• Click BROWSE on the add pictures screen and upload your picture from your hard drive. This make take some time depending on the size of your picture file
• When the upload is complete right click on the third line down titled “img” then COPY. With my computer I don’t have to highlight, when I right click all of the required file info is highlighted
• Now go to your post on the forum and put the cursor where you want the picture.
• Right click, PASTE and you are done.
• Good idea to use preview on forum to check size of the picture. If it is too large go back to photo bucket and use the edit function to reduce the size.
• You can also just double click on the uploaded photo in photo bucket after it is uploaded to check the size. If it is too large it makes everyone have to scroll left to right for all of the posts where the picture is present.

From Webshots
• Open an account at http://webshots.com
• Click BROWSE on the add pictures screen and upload your picture from your hard drive. This make take some time depending on the size of your picture file
• When the upload is complete double clik on your picture to bring up the link to screen.
• Resize the photo to 600 wide by selecting the 600 size
• When the screen refreshes right click on the third line down titled “post in a forum” then COPY.
• Now go to your post on the forum and put the cursor where you want the picture.
• Right click, PASTE .
• Delete all of the http stuff before the first square bracket containing IMG and the info after the last square brackets with IMG.
• Post your topic

GOOD LUCK.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson

Edited by - Hook on 03/02/2008 08:04:40 AM

Kiwi Girl
Tenderfoot

New Zealand
12 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  4:32:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kiwi Girl's Homepage Send Kiwi Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to say thank you to this forum as it was from yourselves that I learnt how to put photos up on a post. I have been a member of a NZ horse forum for quite a while now and with everyone's advice on "how to", I never could until I came to DE.
Your instructions are so much clearer and worked first time.
Thank you
Kiwi Girl
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  9:43:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kiwi Girl

I would like to say thank you to this forum as it was from yourselves that I learnt how to put photos up on a post. I have been a member of a NZ horse forum for quite a while now and with everyone's advice on "how to", I never could until I came to DE.
Your instructions are so much clearer and worked first time.
Thank you
Kiwi Girl

You are very welcome. All the folks on this forum are very willing and collectively able to address almost all topics that arise. Please feel free to direct other folks from "down under " to post their questions, help with solutions and swap stories on the Forum.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

Z Rider
Groomer

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  11:25:34 PM  Show Profile Send Z Rider a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Edited by - Hook on 09/11/2006 05:42:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

Regret
Beginning Rider

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2006 :  6:44:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Regret's Homepage Send Regret a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hook:
I am trying this a different way, just to see if it works. If it does, it's Rosie, my wonderfulTWH mare.
Regret

[URL=http://img459.imageshack.us/my.php?image=corinne0011gr.jpg][/URL]

To love a horse should fill us with awe, because we do not deserve it.
Go to Top of Page

Regret
Beginning Rider

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2006 :  6:48:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Regret's Homepage Send Regret a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I always wanted a mini! LOL

Regret

Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2006 :  7:12:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like you are making progress. Seems like image shack should have a feature to adjust the size. Thanks for your preserverance.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2006 :  7:16:45 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Regret,

You have the IMG code imbedded in the URL. That's why you're getting the link along with the picture. I clicked on the link and it knew I was from DE... scary! LOL!!

I couldn't find anyway to get only the picture. It wants to make it that small thumbnail with the white around it. You might try Photobucket. It's very very easy to use.

I would like to suggest to everyone to please resize their pictures so they fit in the post and don't skew the window. If using Photobucket look under "tools". Pixel size could be reduced to 500 pixels along the longest side and look great. It would also really help us poor dialup users.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Regret
Beginning Rider

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2006 :  11:08:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Regret's Homepage Send Regret a Private Message  Reply with Quote
PaintGal:
Thanks for the suggestion. Image shack tends to intimidate me anyhow. I'll try the bucket tomorrow and see how I can goof that up. lol!
You gotta admit though.....she's even pretty at that size. GRIN.
Regret

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000