Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussions
 Trails
 Wheeeee! New-2-me Truckie ???
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

OnTheWay
Clinician

1433 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  6:00:30 PM  Show Profile Send OnTheWay a Private Message
Went to get truckie today! It sure ain't purdy, but seems quite sound. Susan drove it since she drives a truck normally and I don't, and she'd have to be in an unfamiliar car in either event; and I thought I'd rather get used to it on surface roads first before 2 hours of highway. She said brakes are squishy (you have to step on them pretty hard, which may be the type of brake, not a problem with them) and I noticed, just driving it to restaurant before we switched, the brake pedal "shudders" or vibrates some when you step on it. Bench seat may also need a bolt, it can rock forward a little -- it is not native to the truck. Truck wouldn't get up our uphill, long driveway (inch or 2 of snow on it) which is what I never liked about rear wheel drives, esp. a truck with no weight in the back, so she put in in 4WD and it went just fine! It has tilt wheel steering, too. Steering has more play than either of us were used to, she thought maybe it was "power assist," not "power steering."

Flooper if you read this, anything about any of that that screems out it should stop me from picking up trailer tomorrow without brake controller, just using truck brakes? I asked mechanic about the stuttering feel on the brake pedal and he said either rust from sitting which would wear off or maybe it needs something roters? (I'd a-thunk he'd have known if it did but maybe not.)

Otherwise, seems like it'll be a good little truck! Amenities are: radio and heater. That's it! :-D
Go to Top of Page

OnTheWay
Clinician

1433 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  6:00:30 PM  Show Profile Send OnTheWay a Private Message
Went to get truckie today! It sure ain't purdy, but seems quite sound. Susan drove it since she drives a truck normally and I don't, and she'd have to be in an unfamiliar car in either event; and I thought I'd rather get used to it on surface roads first before 2 hours of highway. She said brakes are squishy (you have to step on them pretty hard, which may be the type of brake, not a problem with them) and I noticed, just driving it to restaurant before we switched, the brake pedal "shudders" or vibrates some when you step on it. Bench seat may also need a bolt, it can rock forward a little -- it is not native to the truck. Truck wouldn't get up our uphill, long driveway (inch or 2 of snow on it) which is what I never liked about rear wheel drives, esp. a truck with no weight in the back, so she put in in 4WD and it went just fine! It has tilt wheel steering, too. Steering has more play than either of us were used to, she thought maybe it was "power assist," not "power steering."

Flooper if you read this, anything about any of that that screems out it should stop me from picking up trailer tomorrow without brake controller, just using truck brakes? I asked mechanic about the stuttering feel on the brake pedal and he said either rust from sitting which would wear off or maybe it needs something roters? (I'd a-thunk he'd have known if it did but maybe not.)

Otherwise, seems like it'll be a good little truck! Amenities are: radio and heater. That's it! :-D
Go to Top of Page

Parrothead
Trainer

USA
559 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  6:37:58 PM  Show Profile Send Parrothead a Private Message
OnThe Way,
Welcome to the wonderful world of truck ownership. Can you help me move my furniture? :-)

Jill
Life is too short to ride bad horses.
Go to Top of Page

Parrothead
Trainer

USA
559 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  6:37:58 PM  Show Profile Send Parrothead a Private Message
OnThe Way,
Welcome to the wonderful world of truck ownership. Can you help me move my furniture? :-)

Jill
Life is too short to ride bad horses.
Go to Top of Page

FLOOPER
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  7:39:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit FLOOPER's Homepage Send FLOOPER a Private Message
The brakes shouldn't be squishy...I'd have that looked at...might be low on brake fluid, need new pads or have a bad master cylinder. It's hard to tell without driving it. Older trucks often have loosey-goosey steering...you probably have some worn ball joints and tie rods...if you're not using it everyday, you can live with that. Remember...she's an old gal with a lot of miles. Just take it easy on her. If you get into replacing a bunch of stuff...ball joints, master cylinder, brake rotors, tie rods, etc....sell 'er and get something else. You don't wanna put a bunch of money in a truck with 195,000 on its clock.

Flooper

"I'm a man. I can change. If I have to. I guess."
The Man's Prayer from the Red Green Show
Go to Top of Page

FLOOPER
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  7:39:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit FLOOPER's Homepage Send FLOOPER a Private Message
The brakes shouldn't be squishy...I'd have that looked at...might be low on brake fluid, need new pads or have a bad master cylinder. It's hard to tell without driving it. Older trucks often have loosey-goosey steering...you probably have some worn ball joints and tie rods...if you're not using it everyday, you can live with that. Remember...she's an old gal with a lot of miles. Just take it easy on her. If you get into replacing a bunch of stuff...ball joints, master cylinder, brake rotors, tie rods, etc....sell 'er and get something else. You don't wanna put a bunch of money in a truck with 195,000 on its clock.

Flooper

Go to Top of Page

OnTheWay
Clinician

1433 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  9:55:54 PM  Show Profile Send OnTheWay a Private Message
Parrothead, post brought a big grin, because I can picture it, lol!

Flooper, okay will run it down to mechanic tomorrow morning and ask him about it. Susan drove it home and said you have to push foot down pretty hard (comparaed to hers anyway). Will ask Jerry. I sure hope the local mechanic where I had it checked out really did check it out, I based a lot on his enthusiasm for truck. ;-)
Go to Top of Page

OnTheWay
Clinician

1433 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  9:55:54 PM  Show Profile Send OnTheWay a Private Message
Parrothead, post brought a big grin, because I can picture it, lol!

Flooper, okay will run it down to mechanic tomorrow morning and ask him about it. Susan drove it home and said you have to push foot down pretty hard (comparaed to hers anyway). Will ask Jerry. I sure hope the local mechanic where I had it checked out really did check it out, I based a lot on his enthusiasm for truck. ;-)
Go to Top of Page

giddyupmorgan
Trainer

846 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  12:49:33 AM  Show Profile Send giddyupmorgan a Private Message
I think somewhere in this never ending truck and trailer buying journal OTW didn't you say that the truck needed a brake line?

If a new line was put on it could be that air is still in the line. Might need further bleeding.

Gonna assume and ramble here for a little bit. Truck probably has front disc brakes & rear drum brakes. If I'm right about needing brake line,then maybe if the truck has been setting for a while the calipers are froze up with rust. Some bigfoot took it for a spin and it didn't want to stop so he stood on the peddle with all his might and pop goes the brake line.
Wouldn't pull trailer with spongy brakes.
Glad ya got it home ok.

Keeping The Kids In a Saddle and Out of Trouble
Giddyup
"Holy Moly I'll Buy What They're Selling" LJD (Get A Little Mud On The Tires)

Morgan's riding log

Edited by - giddyupmorgan on 01/05/2006 06:15:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

giddyupmorgan
Trainer

846 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  12:49:33 AM  Show Profile Send giddyupmorgan a Private Message
I think somewhere in this never ending truck and trailer buying journal OTW didn't you say that the truck needed a brake line?

If a new line was put on it could be that air is still in the line. Might need further bleeding.

Gonna assume and ramble here for a little bit. Truck probably has front disc brakes & rear drum brakes. If I'm right about needing brake line,then maybe if the truck has been setting for a while the calipers are froze up with rust. Some bigfoot took it for a spin and it didn't want to stop so he stood on the peddle with all his might and pop goes the brake line.
Wouldn't pull trailer with spongy brakes.
Glad ya got it home ok.

Keeping The Kids In a Saddle and Out of Trouble
Giddyup
"Holy Moly I'll Buy What They're Selling" LJD (Get A Little Mud On The Tires)

Morgan's riding log

Edited by - giddyupmorgan on 01/05/2006 06:15:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

OnTheWay
Clinician

1433 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  06:37:11 AM  Show Profile Send OnTheWay a Private Message
First I want to eliminate what's NORMALLY meant by "squishy" brakes. Susan drove it home and said the brakes were a little squishy, and I'm not sure what she meant. I only drove it to the restaurant (short distance). You have to definitely step on these brakes, but that could be because I'm used to an Odyssey and she's used to a new truck.

Brake line replaced: This was front-to-rear brake line. Truck has been sitting since March. Seller said to definitely drive it at least once a week to market or whatever, because stuff like that can happen if it sits (he'd learned the hard way).

Mechanic referred to brake shoes and pads -- one for front, one for rear. He said front was half worn, back was new. "Shoes" I'm sure about, "pads" I'm not sure about, may have been another word, it's whatever the equivalent is of shoes.

So this leads me to... I towed the truck to mechanic and asked him to look everything over, I was considering buying it. He SAID he pulled wheel(s) anyway, and raved about the chassis condition and named a bunch of other stuff he'd checked. So I dont know whether he checked master cylander, roters, calipers... or if those are the kinds of things that can be checked with car up on rack. He wasn't able to drive it (no plates and also had to replace brake line). So if those are things you can't check just by looking, then they may be candidates. Are they?

The only things he called out were: front-to-rear brake line needed to be replaced which we knew (that's why I couldn't test drive it in addition to no plates). Second thing he found was rear lights weren't working (he replaced a wire that had rotted). Third, the idler arm was a little weak (owner said not to worry about it) and 4th was tailgate handle missing. That's ALL he came up with.

So are the things mentioned above something he should have checked and didn't? Or are they buried under pipes, wires, lines, etc.?

Mainly I'm questioning Susan's use of word squishy. I'm not sure she knows what that apparently seems to mean. She said you definitely have to put pressure on the brake pedal. So I just thought it may be just old carsville, or else different type of brakes than what we are both used to with new cars.

We both noticed brake pedal jiggled tho.

So I thought I'd take it for a drive this morning around town, hit the brakes a couple of times, including hard stops, then take it to mechanic (who will be scheduled tight) but at least see if he can drive it around the block. If he doesn't have time (quite possible) then ????

Go to Top of Page

OnTheWay
Clinician

1433 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  06:37:11 AM  Show Profile Send OnTheWay a Private Message
First I want to eliminate what's NORMALLY meant by "squishy" brakes. Susan drove it home and said the brakes were a little squishy, and I'm not sure what she meant. I only drove it to the restaurant (short distance). You have to definitely step on these brakes, but that could be because I'm used to an Odyssey and she's used to a new truck.

Brake line replaced: This was front-to-rear brake line. Truck has been sitting since March. Seller said to definitely drive it at least once a week to market or whatever, because stuff like that can happen if it sits (he'd learned the hard way).

Mechanic referred to brake shoes and pads -- one for front, one for rear. He said front was half worn, back was new. "Shoes" I'm sure about, "pads" I'm not sure about, may have been another word, it's whatever the equivalent is of shoes.

So this leads me to... I towed the truck to mechanic and asked him to look everything over, I was considering buying it. He SAID he pulled wheel(s) anyway, and raved about the chassis condition and named a bunch of other stuff he'd checked. So I dont know whether he checked master cylander, roters, calipers... or if those are the kinds of things that can be checked with car up on rack. He wasn't able to drive it (no plates and also had to replace brake line). So if those are things you can't check just by looking, then they may be candidates. Are they?

The only things he called out were: front-to-rear brake line needed to be replaced which we knew (that's why I couldn't test drive it in addition to no plates). Second thing he found was rear lights weren't working (he replaced a wire that had rotted). Third, the idler arm was a little weak (owner said not to worry about it) and 4th was tailgate handle missing. That's ALL he came up with.

So are the things mentioned above something he should have checked and didn't? Or are they buried under pipes, wires, lines, etc.?

Mainly I'm questioning Susan's use of word squishy. I'm not sure she knows what that apparently seems to mean. She said you definitely have to put pressure on the brake pedal. So I just thought it may be just old carsville, or else different type of brakes than what we are both used to with new cars.

We both noticed brake pedal jiggled tho.

So I thought I'd take it for a drive this morning around town, hit the brakes a couple of times, including hard stops, then take it to mechanic (who will be scheduled tight) but at least see if he can drive it around the block. If he doesn't have time (quite possible) then ????

Go to Top of Page

FLOOPER
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  09:38:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit FLOOPER's Homepage Send FLOOPER a Private Message
Wish I could help...I'm just not much of a mechanic. Giddy said disk brakes in front, drums in back, and that's probably right since the guy said "pads and shoes"...pads are for disk brakes, shoes are for drum brakes. Half worn pads are fine. Yes, tie rods, ball joints, brake calipers and rotors, pads, shoes, etc. can all be inspected and checked with car on rack. Shuddering brakes can be many things--but most likely a warped rotor. Good luck...wish I could help more, but like I said, I am NOT a mechanic.

Flooper

Go to Top of Page

FLOOPER
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  09:38:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit FLOOPER's Homepage Send FLOOPER a Private Message
Wish I could help...I'm just not much of a mechanic. Giddy said disk brakes in front, drums in back, and that's probably right since the guy said "pads and shoes"...pads are for disk brakes, shoes are for drum brakes. Half worn pads are fine. Yes, tie rods, ball joints, brake calipers and rotors, pads, shoes, etc. can all be inspected and checked with car on rack. Shuddering brakes can be many things--but most likely a warped rotor. Good luck...wish I could help more, but like I said, I am NOT a mechanic.

Flooper

Go to Top of Page

OnTheWay
Clinician

1433 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  11:34:39 AM  Show Profile Send OnTheWay a Private Message
Well, THIS was fun. Sheeesh. I drove it down to local mechanic and asked him to take it for a quick drive to see what he thought of the brakes. Have to push harder than I'm used to, yadda yadda). We took it for a spin, and he hit the brakes pretty hard, thought it would be just fine, but said he wanted to get it in there next week to check everything over.

So off I go to the post office, bank and market. Tra laa. Sort of just getting used to it. Everything was fine, however our weather is ugggg-ley. Wet snow coming down, slippery roads, etc.

Came home, started up the driveway, knew I'd hit a point on the hill where it wouldn't make it in 2W drive (rear wheel drive I've always hated), and sure enough, time to stop and put it in 4WD. So I had the brake on, put it in neutal, went to shift down to 4wd and suddenly, brake pedal sank all the way to the floor, brake light went on (dash) and I started rolling backward. No brake at ALL.

Put on the emergency brake (which works, Susan said, better than any other she's ever tried). Got it stopped, back into neutral (at least the floor brake worked enough to let me shift) and then into 4wd and inched my way up the rest of the driveway. (This is like a road, about 1/10th of a mile, almost all uphill but not steep). Got it up there, tested to see if I had ANY brakes before I'm getting close to Oddy (parked in the driveway) and yeah, it stopped (brake pedal all the way to the floor), but I was only going maybe 5 mph. I was able to get it backed into its place, but pretty much zero in the way of brakes.

So it's out of commission until Monday, I'll have it towed to my mechanic and have him check all the lines, etc.

I am VERY glad this happened in my driveway. I called mechanic out there where I bought it who checked it out, and he said it sounded like another brake line went. (Seller, I believe, had told me he'd replaced pretty much all of them, this was the last one, which the mechanic fixed.) Really glad it didn't happen with trailer behind it, or even driving down the street, because that's where I'd been until JUST before when I came up my driveway. Somebody must be looking out for old OTW. ;-)

Other than that, Jerry (local mechanic) said just have the guy across the street fix up the rusted wheel wells and prime it (trim package won't cover it), and the bench seat is loose but Jerry said he could probably fix that.

Otherwise, Jerry thought it sounded pretty good when he drove it! As for how it drives in this kind of awful weather (wet, heavy slippery snow coming down), it sure doesn't hold the road anywhere near as well as my Oddy does with ABS system, that's fer sure. And the rear wheel drive sucks in my opinion generally, but hey, the 4wd sure is nice! Only place I've tested it is coming up my driveway, but it seemed to do that job at least.
;-)

So that's my update. Quite happy the brakes flaked out on me ON my driveway so that (a) I'd know there's still something wrong; and (b) so I WAS on my driveway, not on the road! It was a little spooky, though, I must admit, to be sliding down a hill with brake pedal to the floor and nothing happening.

I figure Jerry will fix it all up so wherever weakness is (or likely to be) he'll see it. He can be expensive (certainly more than the one out where I got it) but hey, if everything else works and he can fix that so I don't have to be nervous about something like BRAKES, then should be great.

Kinda fun to drive one of these things, it has that "big truck" kind of idle you just don't hear in a Saab or Oddyssey, lol. No door springs, you just open the latch and push hard. Can't lock the cab, the hole where the lock should be is just a hole. (On passenger side it's a lock but the kind you don't want to get your key caught into, lol.)

This is actually kind of a riot. How much leeway I have for putting money into it and still have resale, I don't know, but hey, there seems a lot to like about the way it runs otherwise.
;-)

Edited by - OnTheWay on 01/05/2006 11:39:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

OnTheWay
Clinician

1433 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  11:34:39 AM  Show Profile Send OnTheWay a Private Message
Well, THIS was fun. Sheeesh. I drove it down to local mechanic and asked him to take it for a quick drive to see what he thought of the brakes. Have to push harder than I'm used to, yadda yadda). We took it for a spin, and he hit the brakes pretty hard, thought it would be just fine, but said he wanted to get it in there next week to check everything over.

So off I go to the post office, bank and market. Tra laa. Sort of just getting used to it. Everything was fine, however our weather is ugggg-ley. Wet snow coming down, slippery roads, etc.

Came home, started up the driveway, knew I'd hit a point on the hill where it wouldn't make it in 2W drive (rear wheel drive I've always hated), and sure enough, time to stop and put it in 4WD. So I had the brake on, put it in neutal, went to shift down to 4wd and suddenly, brake pedal sank all the way to the floor, brake light went on (dash) and I started rolling backward. No brake at ALL.

Put on the emergency brake (which works, Susan said, better than any other she's ever tried). Got it stopped, back into neutral (at least the floor brake worked enough to let me shift) and then into 4wd and inched my way up the rest of the driveway. (This is like a road, about 1/10th of a mile, almost all uphill but not steep). Got it up there, tested to see if I had ANY brakes before I'm getting close to Oddy (parked in the driveway) and yeah, it stopped (brake pedal all the way to the floor), but I was only going maybe 5 mph. I was able to get it backed into its place, but pretty much zero in the way of brakes.

So it's out of commission until Monday, I'll have it towed to my mechanic and have him check all the lines, etc.

I am VERY glad this happened in my driveway. I called mechanic out there where I bought it who checked it out, and he said it sounded like another brake line went. (Seller, I believe, had told me he'd replaced pretty much all of them, this was the last one, which the mechanic fixed.) Really glad it didn't happen with trailer behind it, or even driving down the street, because that's where I'd been until JUST before when I came up my driveway. Somebody must be looking out for old OTW. ;-)

Other than that, Jerry (local mechanic) said just have the guy across the street fix up the rusted wheel wells and prime it (trim package won't cover it), and the bench seat is loose but Jerry said he could probably fix that.

Otherwise, Jerry thought it sounded pretty good when he drove it! As for how it drives in this kind of awful weather (wet, heavy slippery snow coming down), it sure doesn't hold the road anywhere near as well as my Oddy does with ABS system, that's fer sure. And the rear wheel drive sucks in my opinion generally, but hey, the 4wd sure is nice! Only place I've tested it is coming up my driveway, but it seemed to do that job at least.
;-)

So that's my update. Quite happy the brakes flaked out on me ON my driveway so that (a) I'd know there's still something wrong; and (b) so I WAS on my driveway, not on the road! It was a little spooky, though, I must admit, to be sliding down a hill with brake pedal to the floor and nothing happening.

I figure Jerry will fix it all up so wherever weakness is (or likely to be) he'll see it. He can be expensive (certainly more than the one out where I got it) but hey, if everything else works and he can fix that so I don't have to be nervous about something like BRAKES, then should be great.

Kinda fun to drive one of these things, it has that "big truck" kind of idle you just don't hear in a Saab or Oddyssey, lol. No door springs, you just open the latch and push hard. Can't lock the cab, the hole where the lock should be is just a hole. (On passenger side it's a lock but the kind you don't want to get your key caught into, lol.)

This is actually kind of a riot. How much leeway I have for putting money into it and still have resale, I don't know, but hey, there seems a lot to like about the way it runs otherwise.
;-)

Edited by - OnTheWay on 01/05/2006 11:39:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

OnTheWay
Clinician

1433 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  10:02:52 AM  Show Profile Send OnTheWay a Private Message
Flooper... I figured I had a 3.07 or 3.08 rear axel ratio but couldn't find the number that's on my glove box sticker anywhere. Just for fun, I went to 2nd "Sticky" link under "Tow Vehicles" on the RV website you posted, and the G series appears to apply to rear axle gear ratio. My sticker has GU6 shown. On the sticky, under that code number, it reads...

GU6 AXLE REAR,3.42 RATIO

So it appears from that, I may have the 3.42 and not the 3.07 or 3.08. Is that something anyone would have (or could have) changed along the way, or can I assume it still has 3.42? Because according to the afficionados on that website discussion, that's respectable for towing a horse trailer as I read it.
Carol

GU6 AXLE REAR,3.42 RATIO
from the top, and I believe under Codes Page 2 (I think 3rd link in blue) I finally found a code that's on my sticker.
GM RPO Codes 2
Go to Top of Page

FLOOPER
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  12:17:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit FLOOPER's Homepage Send FLOOPER a Private Message
I doubt they have changed the ratio even if they changed the gears...that's good for you!!..the 3:42 will be better for towing than the 3.08.

Flooper

Go to Top of Page

OnTheWay
Clinician

1433 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  7:42:38 PM  Show Profile Send OnTheWay a Private Message
Thanks, Flooper. Going to assume it is then.
Go to Top of Page

FLOOPER
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  09:59:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit FLOOPER's Homepage Send FLOOPER a Private Message
OTW,
Saw your post over on the tow vehicles forum!!! (That's a huge forum, with over 5000 members...not small and familiar like this one...so most of them probably won't know who "Flooper" is!!) I gotta warn you...most of those guys on that forum wouldn't tow a Radio Flyer kids wagon with anything under a 1-ton diesel dually. So they'll scream at you that your 3:42 gears and your "light duty" 1/2 ton pickup won't do the job. It will. It' won't pull a 8000 lb. gooseneck with 3 horses in it...but it will certainly pull a small 2H bumper pull just fine...espeically with just one horse in it. They tend to judge everything in terms of "can I accellerate going up an 8% grade with a 7000 lb. trailer behind me. If not, truck is not suitable for towing." As far as how much more $$ to put in your truck, that's always a tough call. But I would think once you start getting $2000 or more in it, you'd be starting to throw good money after bad.

Flooper

Go to Top of Page

OnTheWay
Clinician

1433 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2006 :  09:13:06 AM  Show Profile Send OnTheWay a Private Message
Flooper, I started getting that impression -- power mad, lol. Most times one horse. If it tows that just fine, then if a friend and I want to trailride somewhere and I need to haul two horses I would T-R-Y it, but if it's straining the truck at all, I'd just pass on that.

Well, costwise. I have $1700 into the truck so far. That includes cost of towing to mechanic in that town and his $25 rather non-comprehensive prepurchase check. He said suspension was just fine, my mechanic said shocks were shot. I had all brake lines replaced (two that apparently gave way after getting it home and the remaining two I just told Jerry to do it now so I never have to lose brakes again, that was NOT fun). And heavy duty monroe shocks all the way around. So that's in the $1700. I'm going to need to either do the two wheel wells myself (body guy said I'd need a rivit gun and a drill with $106 in parts). Or pay him $300 over the $106 to do it for me.

So we're already getting to $2100 with a little more body work to go. However, IF that's about it, then that should be fine. Sheeesh, it seems everything's been replaced by now. All new brake lines, new shocks... hopefully it'll be good to go at this point. I don't think I can count brake controller or changed electrical plug but if so, that's then another couple of hundred or three. At least it already had a good Reese hitch!!!

Edited by - OnTheWay on 01/14/2006 09:50:39 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000