Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussions
 General Information
 Owning horses IS a Lifestyle -" DE HAA"
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2006 :  4:29:05 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by sbower

Spent all morning on dreamhorse.com Just looking ...honest! I'm just so darn envious of anyone who has a horse they can ride. The horse I own is my daughters and really not a beginners horse (which, I am, beginner, that is) The horse(s) I ride for lessons have either been lame, gone home with the owners or is bucking everyone off, so I have decided to stay off until someone works the kinks out. I'm going to try to ride my daughters horse this weekend just because I'm desperate (and maybe a little stupid!)

Anyway found a baby out of Gunner and a dunnit daughter that I love.... a mere $28,0000! That's going to take more than a little candy bar fund raiser! go see at http://www.dreamhorse.com/show_horse.php?form_horse_id=653488

Sbower; Is that 28,000 or 280,000!!! ROFLOL!!!

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2006 :  7:14:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
I confess. The MOST horses I have ever had was twelve and I'm down to only 9 and 3/4. Let's see, We have Hook,(This Captain's Hooked), Hook's mom (Missy), Hooks Half sister,Lottie,(A Lot of Supreme, her father is the only living AQHA Supreme Champion and her mom is also a daughter of a Supreme Champion). Then we have Flyer(How Tyme Flys), Flyers Mom Sugar (Webb's SugarTyme), Flyer's Dad Profit,(Northern Prophecy) Flyer's Grandmother Dreams, Seeking Dreams (grand daughter of a Supreme champion), Flyer's sister Promise, Profit's Promise, (daughter of Profit), Promise's Mom Flash (Flash Back Fax) and the 3/4 will be born in March as Flash is bred to Profit's Dad, AQHA Champion Skip Zan Parr. Boy, this sounds confusing, but logical even to me. As you see I am really Hook(ed)

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson

Edited by - Hook on 01/12/2006 04:30:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

beccajane
Trainer

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2006 :  8:39:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit beccajane's Homepage Send beccajane a Private Message
Wow...just 9 plain old horses? Sounds like you have great taste in horseflesh along with your addiction. You're a lucky man.....
Go to Top of Page

FLOOPER
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  09:31:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit FLOOPER's Homepage Send FLOOPER a Private Message
Hey Hook...does Flash Back Fax go back to a stallion named Classified Fax? My father-in-law used to own Classified Fax.

Flooper

"I'm a man. I can change. If I have to. I guess."
The Man's Prayer from the Red Green Show
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  08:17:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
MESSAGE TO ALL MEMBERS

Be especially careful of your horse and equipment and tack buying urges. They become almost too strong to resist when good weather strikes and winter blues are gone.

Be sure to get your friends and fellow HAA members to help with er.... "restraints"? And keep up the confessions to Flooper

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  08:23:53 AM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message
Are you kidding, Hooked; it's the winter blues that tempt us to go out and buy tack.....knowing that riding weather is around the corner! lol

There's a great tack store, Horse Cents, on my route to and from work. Stopped in there on Friday....Great stuff.....well-stocked.......walked out with a new pair of deerskinned gloves. Made my mental list of what I want to go back and purchase later, too!

Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000