Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Caring and Owning Horses
 The Beginning Rider
 Update
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Chuck
Forum Admin

USA
1265 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2005 :  07:43:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Chuck's Homepage Send Chuck a Private Message
The reason(s) I may edit or delete a post is explained at http://www.dailyequine.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2382 If you know why this current post was edited, why in the world did you post something knowing I would need to edit or delete it?

I don't know which post you are asking about, but I'm sure the explanation is contained in my very broad and reaching FAQ.

Chuck

Horse Saddle Shop

http://www.horsesaddleshop.com
Go to Top of Page

Chuck
Forum Admin

USA
1265 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2005 :  07:43:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Chuck's Homepage Send Chuck a Private Message
The reason(s) I may edit or delete a post is explained at http://www.dailyequine.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2382 If you know why this current post was edited, why in the world did you post something knowing I would need to edit or delete it?

I don't know which post you are asking about, but I'm sure the explanation is contained in my very broad and reaching FAQ.

Chuck

Horse Saddle Shop

Go to Top of Page

Stormie
Clinician

1630 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2005 :  12:50:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Stormie's Homepage Send Stormie a Private Message
I didn't put it knowing you would delete it. The word itself has nothing wrong with it. It just happens to contain 3 letters that some can't get past. It is a word that comes up in certain...well you know the word I can't type. lol From what I can tell most of the people on this board are adult enough to deal with a word like that.

As for my other post it did not break any of your rules on that list. That list is mild compared to some boards but I still think that editing someone's words it just plain wrong. You wouldn't take a book and use whiteout on it and return it to the rack.

I do have a question though. I had tried to put a sig on here but it isn't showing up. It did have a link to my website is that why? I do not sell anything at all on the website I tried to add and I do not link to my farm site(atleast I think it was taken off at the last update not that it matters I haven't updated the farm site in so long everything listed on it is sold! lol) My recipe website was made for free use and so I didn't have to email 50+ pages everytime someone wanted it. That was getting to be too much.
Go to Top of Page

Stormie
Clinician

1630 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2005 :  12:50:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Stormie's Homepage Send Stormie a Private Message
I didn't put it knowing you would delete it. The word itself has nothing wrong with it. It just happens to contain 3 letters that some can't get past. It is a word that comes up in certain...well you know the word I can't type. lol From what I can tell most of the people on this board are adult enough to deal with a word like that.

As for my other post it did not break any of your rules on that list. That list is mild compared to some boards but I still think that editing someone's words it just plain wrong. You wouldn't take a book and use whiteout on it and return it to the rack.

I do have a question though. I had tried to put a sig on here but it isn't showing up. It did have a link to my website is that why? I do not sell anything at all on the website I tried to add and I do not link to my farm site(atleast I think it was taken off at the last update not that it matters I haven't updated the farm site in so long everything listed on it is sold! lol) My recipe website was made for free use and so I didn't have to email 50+ pages everytime someone wanted it. That was getting to be too much.
Go to Top of Page

FLOOPER
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  12:22:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit FLOOPER's Homepage Send FLOOPER a Private Message
Stormie,

Chuck started this forum, and provides it at no cost to all of us. Chuck gets to set the rules...that's the way it works...and he wants it clean enough for his daughter and other kids to come on and not be exposed to profanity, adult sexual humor, etc. Hey, I've been reprimanded and edited myself, and I had to decide whether I wanted to stay on the forum or not. I obviously have chosen to stay. I guess if you don't like the other forum rules, feel free to go start your own forum.

Flooper

"I'm a man. I can change. If I have to. I guess."
The Man's Prayer from the Red Green Show
Go to Top of Page

FLOOPER
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  12:22:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit FLOOPER's Homepage Send FLOOPER a Private Message
Stormie,

Chuck started this forum, and provides it at no cost to all of us. Chuck gets to set the rules...that's the way it works...and he wants it clean enough for his daughter and other kids to come on and not be exposed to profanity, adult sexual humor, etc. Hey, I've been reprimanded and edited myself, and I had to decide whether I wanted to stay on the forum or not. I obviously have chosen to stay. I guess if you don't like the other forum rules, feel free to go start your own forum.

Flooper

"I'm a man. I can change. If I have to. I guess."
The Man's Prayer from the Red Green Show
Go to Top of Page

Stormie
Clinician

1630 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  12:56:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Stormie's Homepage Send Stormie a Private Message
Flooper

The only issue I have is the editing of posts. Most people would willing editing there post and if not delete the whole thing don't edit it. One reason the other board doesn't is because it's a huge board with members that would say that the Mod retyped their post or added things to it. It's just asking for more trouble with people that are looking to cause it.

The other things I understand. The word I typed and used as an ex. was not dirty in any way. It just happens to have three letters that make a word that is and dirty minds can't help but act like childen when they see it. I was trying to explain what a pain in the butt those little ****'s can be. You type a word that is not dirty at all but those little ***'s make it dirty because it highlights that word faster then a teacher's red pen on a wrong anwser. It's like book banning(which our school is going through right now). Kids normaly don't read the books they are forced to read in school but if a parent doesn't want them to you better bet that they are going to find a way to get a copy to read it. The little ***'s when in the middle of a perfectly normal word just makes them think about that bad word, not avoid it. And look at how it makes it hard to figure out what the OP has said about this horses and we are adults!(but I think in that case it was a bad word. I bet a bunch of kids wouldn't have had to ask.

You could probably have a number of words like that and with having the ***'s adults tend to think that it helps the kids by not harming their minds but in the end all it does it points those things with a big red flag. I can see blocking the actual word but words inside of words just feeds that boy in the back of the class that likes to use stuff like that. Kids are smart and they pick up on things. To be adult like they need to see words like that used without someone making a big deal about. If the adults make a big deal they do.
Go to Top of Page

Stormie
Clinician

1630 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  12:56:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Stormie's Homepage Send Stormie a Private Message
Flooper

The only issue I have is the editing of posts. Most people would willing editing there post and if not delete the whole thing don't edit it. One reason the other board doesn't is because it's a huge board with members that would say that the Mod retyped their post or added things to it. It's just asking for more trouble with people that are looking to cause it.

The other things I understand. The word I typed and used as an ex. was not dirty in any way. It just happens to have three letters that make a word that is and dirty minds can't help but act like childen when they see it. I was trying to explain what a pain in the butt those little ****'s can be. You type a word that is not dirty at all but those little ***'s make it dirty because it highlights that word faster then a teacher's red pen on a wrong anwser. It's like book banning(which our school is going through right now). Kids normaly don't read the books they are forced to read in school but if a parent doesn't want them to you better bet that they are going to find a way to get a copy to read it. The little ***'s when in the middle of a perfectly normal word just makes them think about that bad word, not avoid it. And look at how it makes it hard to figure out what the OP has said about this horses and we are adults!(but I think in that case it was a bad word. I bet a bunch of kids wouldn't have had to ask.

You could probably have a number of words like that and with having the ***'s adults tend to think that it helps the kids by not harming their minds but in the end all it does it points those things with a big red flag. I can see blocking the actual word but words inside of words just feeds that boy in the back of the class that likes to use stuff like that. Kids are smart and they pick up on things. To be adult like they need to see words like that used without someone making a big deal about. If the adults make a big deal they do.
Go to Top of Page

Chuck
Forum Admin

USA
1265 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  1:22:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chuck's Homepage Send Chuck a Private Message
Stormie,

This is not negotiable. If you choose to post something on my forum, and I perceive it to be the least offensive, I retain the right to delete it on the spot. Your example stirred up an explicit image that I do not feel like explaining to my daughter.

Comparing my private forum to a tax payer institution is ludicrous and has no argumentative value.

The forum FAQ that I referred you to earlier is very easy and straight forward. It does address the reason for removing your URL in your sig line, as quoted:
quote:
No advertising or linking to your own personal or professional website. If you do want to advertise, we offer free advertising at http://www.dailyequine.com/bannerrequest.asp or email me at mailto:specials@dailyequine.com for an agreement on linking.

This rant of yours needs to end, or it too will be deleted because it has no value and I promise value at these forums. Stop using banned words, even if in innocent examples that may conjur up words of impropriety in children's minds. It is time for you to prove how well you respond to notification of improper posts.

Chuck

Horse Saddle Shop

Go to Top of Page

Chuck
Forum Admin

USA
1265 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  1:22:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chuck's Homepage Send Chuck a Private Message
Stormie,

This is not negotiable. If you choose to post something on my forum, and I perceive it to be the least offensive, I retain the right to delete it on the spot. Your example stirred up an explicit image that I do not feel like explaining to my daughter.

Comparing my private forum to a tax payer institution is ludicrous and has no argumentative value.

The forum FAQ that I referred you to earlier is very easy and straight forward. It does address the reason for removing your URL in your sig line, as quoted:
quote:
No advertising or linking to your own personal or professional website. If you do want to advertise, we offer free advertising at http://www.dailyequine.com/bannerrequest.asp or email me at mailto:specials@dailyequine.com for an agreement on linking.

This rant of yours needs to end, or it too will be deleted because it has no value and I promise value at these forums. Stop using banned words, even if in innocent examples that may conjur up words of impropriety in children's minds. It is time for you to prove how well you respond to notification of improper posts.

Chuck

Horse Saddle Shop

Go to Top of Page

Stormie
Clinician

1630 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  8:32:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Stormie's Homepage Send Stormie a Private Message
Chunk
I'm not ranting or fighting. I used one normal word and no more. I have emailed you, mainly about the sig thing.
Go to Top of Page

Stormie
Clinician

1630 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  8:32:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Stormie's Homepage Send Stormie a Private Message
Chunk
I'm not ranting or fighting. I used one normal word and no more. I have emailed you, mainly about the sig thing.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000