Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Caring and Owning Horses
 The Beginning Rider
 Very New Beginner
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2005 :  1:28:01 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
Nice looking horse!

quote:
He was acting too bad for me to get on him. lol.. But im a baby. He can be just a little rowdy and i wont get on him. He has to be in a real good mood for me.

Is he your horse that only you will ride or will he be ridden by your husband and other people? If he's yours, you are the one that really needs to work him. If you don't want to get on right away, work him in a round pen or on a lunge line first.

quote:
We have only tied him up one time and that was for a bath. He spooked broke his rope and fell on the concrete. So we dont tie him up anymore.

Do you mean that you never tie him but someone holds him for the farrier & for saddling?

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2005 :  1:28:01 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
Nice looking horse!

quote:
He was acting too bad for me to get on him. lol.. But im a baby. He can be just a little rowdy and i wont get on him. He has to be in a real good mood for me.

Is he your horse that only you will ride or will he be ridden by your husband and other people? If he's yours, you are the one that really needs to work him. If you don't want to get on right away, work him in a round pen or on a lunge line first.

quote:
We have only tied him up one time and that was for a bath. He spooked broke his rope and fell on the concrete. So we dont tie him up anymore.

Do you mean that you never tie him but someone holds him for the farrier & for saddling?

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

lil bit
Groomer

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2005 :  5:30:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit lil bit's Homepage Send lil bit a Private Message
No one holds him for the saddling because he dont move. But my husband does hold him for the farrier. And a few other ppl do ride him. But mainly my husband does. He gets rode about 3-5 times a week. For probably about 30min.-1hr. at a time.

lil bit
Go to Top of Page

lil bit
Groomer

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2005 :  5:30:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit lil bit's Homepage Send lil bit a Private Message
No one holds him for the saddling because he dont move. But my husband does hold him for the farrier. And a few other ppl do ride him. But mainly my husband does. He gets rode about 3-5 times a week. For probably about 30min.-1hr. at a time.

lil bit
Go to Top of Page

lil bit
Groomer

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  08:33:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit lil bit's Homepage Send lil bit a Private Message
okay. Well i had an interesting weekend with diago. Friday nite when we got home i went out to feed him and He had gotten into someting bad that has gashed his front part of his back leg with about a 4-5in. gash with about a 1/2in. hole in his leg and then on the back of the same leg right above where his hoof starts is cut and mangled really bad. So a trip to the vet and all she said that she could do was wrap it because of it being mangled. He is walking on it. Limping but is walking on it. He let us bandage it with no problems. And is taking the antibiotics with ease. I would just like some advice on do i need to keep him in a stall while he heals? How long do cuts take to heal. And will i be able to ride him again? At first we thought maybe it was a dog or bobcat or something but now were pretty convinced it is barb wire. Although we have searched the entire pasture and couldnt find anything with blood on it or that could harm him. To me it seems really bad. But he is doing okay. Letting us mess with it and keep it clean. Any kinda spray antiseptic suggestions that i need to get to speed up the healing process. Thanks for any advice. I am really worried. The vet says that she cant do anything that we couldnt do except for sewing him up and he cant be sewn because its mangled.

lil bit
Go to Top of Page

lil bit
Groomer

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  08:33:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit lil bit's Homepage Send lil bit a Private Message
okay. Well i had an interesting weekend with diago. Friday nite when we got home i went out to feed him and He had gotten into someting bad that has gashed his front part of his back leg with about a 4-5in. gash with about a 1/2in. hole in his leg and then on the back of the same leg right above where his hoof starts is cut and mangled really bad. So a trip to the vet and all she said that she could do was wrap it because of it being mangled. He is walking on it. Limping but is walking on it. He let us bandage it with no problems. And is taking the antibiotics with ease. I would just like some advice on do i need to keep him in a stall while he heals? How long do cuts take to heal. And will i be able to ride him again? At first we thought maybe it was a dog or bobcat or something but now were pretty convinced it is barb wire. Although we have searched the entire pasture and couldnt find anything with blood on it or that could harm him. To me it seems really bad. But he is doing okay. Letting us mess with it and keep it clean. Any kinda spray antiseptic suggestions that i need to get to speed up the healing process. Thanks for any advice. I am really worried. The vet says that she cant do anything that we couldnt do except for sewing him up and he cant be sewn because its mangled.

lil bit
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000