Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussions
 Saddle Shop Corral
 Update on the Family
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

paintedbliss
Trainer

USA
618 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  4:50:04 PM  Show Profile Send paintedbliss a Private Message
Just to let you know i'm thinking about you and your family.
Go to Top of Page

beccajane
Trainer

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  6:07:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit beccajane's Homepage Send beccajane a Private Message
Rh...glad to hear you spirits are up. It's a tough road you are all traveling. Have the Drs had you talk to Hospice? They will help you and appoint a nurse to visit Steve's Dad as needed at home. My Mother wanted to be at home and she was. They had a nurses aide visit every day and bathe her and the nurse came as needed, about once or twice a week. I did have to administer some of the normal meds and shots, but it was all worth it. My prayers are with you all and I think there is a special place in heaven for the caregivers! :) (For me...I hope it's in the "Big Barn") ;)
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  05:38:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
My thoughts are with you. Keep the faith and do one day at a time. Glad you are holding up. The strength of all of us in this type of situation always amazes me. You will get through this.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

Parrothead
Trainer

USA
559 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  2:34:04 PM  Show Profile Send Parrothead a Private Message
Rh..beccajane's hospice idea is a good one. They came in for BG's stepmom's last weeks, and his dad had nothing but high praise for them.
Also my daughters prayer partner is a hospice nurse, and you could not find a more caring person.
I know it's hard, with all of the people that are depending on you, but try to take care of yourself.
<<<<HUG>>>>

Jill
Life is too short to ride bad horses.
Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  5:38:59 PM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message
RH:

I'm sorry to hear what Steve and you are going through. Althought it has been several years ago, I still remember when my parents' lives ebbed away. It is no fun. They both passed in their 60's and the way I see it I have less than 20 years left here. I should do the same as Steve and get on top of my health issues (obesity and high blood pressure). You only get to live once, and this is it.

I will keep Steve's father in my prayers as well as Steve, you and his family. This is not an easy time.

Appygirl

Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  10:21:28 AM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message
I'm getting into this a little late, but just wanted to thank everyone for all the support.

Before Tom(Steve's dad) passed away last Saturday, he had just been moved from the hospital to a hospice. They do that for the terminally ill. Steve & I never made it there, but Wanda(Steve's mom) said those people are utterly amazing at how they take care of their patients. She pretty much knew when they moved him in there on Friday that he probably wouldn't make it through the night... and he didn't. She asked about how long their patients are usually there and they said anywhere from 2 hours to 2 months. I know Wanda was so thankful for their care.

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  11:05:10 AM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message
RH;

Thoughts and prayers to Steve, you, and his family over the loss of his father. I agree those who work in the hospice centers or on cancer floors of hospitals have an enormous amount of caring compassion and empathy.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

Go to Top of Page

beccajane
Trainer

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  7:09:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit beccajane's Homepage Send beccajane a Private Message
I DO believe that there are angels on earth and Hospice caregivers are right up there! I'm glad everyone felt "taken care of". Blessings to all of you..........
Go to Top of Page

Rick Byers
Trainer

USA
545 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  11:55:09 PM  Show Profile Send Rick Byers a Private Message
Carol and Im send our Heart felt prayers for your family during this time of grief. Rick

Sassy the 15 year old Arab thinks she is hot stuff, Loving memory of India Diamond the 23 year old Arab . Sky the 15 old TWH knows she is pretty and flaunts it all the time. Sarphina has finally adjusted to all the Diva's. Color Me Fancy the coming 3 year old is trying to become lead Diva.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000