Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussions
 Trails
 DE ride proposal
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  12:32:07 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message
I'm going to throw another location into the works, though this would be farther east. Has anyone rode Hockiing Hills in Ohio? Would this be another place we might consider? I'm not trying to discourage anyone from Shawnee, but I thought we ought to look over other places that might be available, too. Also, I've never been there, but I've heard a lot about it.

PH; I haven't looked up the Bear Ranch site, yet. So, I'd have to figure all the expenses before deciding if I could go. I usually keep Terra barefoot and have ridden her on the trails around MTR, Hickory Ridge, and Charles Deam this way. Would there be any reason that I should think about putting shoes on her if I do decide to go to Shawnee?

I'd also have to check with Donna and see if she's interested. She said she would definitely not ride if the DE ride ended up at MTR in July... too hot according to her.

I'm assuming the mileage you posted is just one way? So, we'd have to double that to figure traveling expenses? Just asking.

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  2:11:32 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
Another thing to consider is the condition of your horse. It seems like there is some rough country in Shawnee with some pretty good hills so a horse that's not conditioned may have problems. I understand it's an awesome place to ride and shouldn't be missed though.

RH, I think the milage PH listed is one way. According to my map, it's about 190 miles from my house to Bear Creek.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Charlies mom
Beginning Rider

67 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2006 :  10:38:54 PM  Show Profile Send Charlies mom a Private Message
not to get the 2 confused. Bear branch is what parrothead was talking about. Bear creek is in southern Ky.
I agree about not going somewhere that is too challenging for horses if you guys usually try to group ride for the DE rides.
Id still like to know if DE rides are usually adults only.
Thanks,
CM
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  08:43:41 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
Charlie's mom,

The first DE ride was last year and there weren't any kids on the ride but I think that's because there just weren't any kids there. There's no reason for kids not to come though!

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000