Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Saddle and Tack Topics
 Discussions on Fitting Saddles to the Horse
 White Hair on Either Side of the Withers
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  2:32:28 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message
Update: Kerlin's Western World had an open house over this weekend with 30% off any one item that wasn't already on sale. So, even though we don't have much to splurge in way of money, we decided to go up to Warsaw and look around. I'm still concerned about saddle fit on Terra, and they had one cut-back pad with extra padding in the front of the pad. Here's what I bought:

Sierra Herculon Built up Cut-Back Economy Pad-
1" heavy felt bottom and suede wear leathers.
Size: 30" X 30"

It's smaller than my other pads and gives Terra a lot more clearance for her hips & shoulders, which I like. It also gave a gullet clearance of 4 fingers with the saddle cinched, and my hands are small. I sat on her just to test feel, and it felt so much better than any pad I've had on her. I didn't have time to ride her in it, yet, but I have a feeling she's going to feel a big difference in comfort the next time I trail ride her.

Oh, yeah! After the 30% discount, I only paid about $25. Not bad, huh?

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000