Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Caring and Owning Horses
 Horse Training
 Need help with the mouthy horse.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  1:05:45 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message
Interesting idea. I don't know if it'd work or not. LOL

I had a half-Arabian/half-QH gelding we boarded for awhile, and he amazed me in what he played with to while away the hours (he was a yearling/coming 2 year old). I had gaming barrels set up for practice in the arena, and it wasn't the least bit unusual for me to find one rolled on its side and outside the fence! So, one day, I kept an eye on him and watched him rock one of those barrels back & forth until it fell over and then use his whole head and neck to roll it out of the arena! These were the big all metal 55 gallon drums and he was a small made horse... not even 15 hands tall!

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Country Bumpkin
Advanced Rider

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  6:17:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Country Bumpkin's Homepage Send Country Bumpkin a Private Message
lol,I think he needs lotsa toys. Chanti will pull down pads and blankets and my coat off the fence once in a while,but she's not too bad like that.
Go to Top of Page

Country Bumpkin
Advanced Rider

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  6:17:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Country Bumpkin's Homepage Send Country Bumpkin a Private Message
lol,I think he needs lotsa toys. Chanti will pull down pads and blankets and my coat off the fence once in a while,but she's not too bad like that.
Go to Top of Page

Stormie
Clinician

1630 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  6:49:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Stormie's Homepage Send Stormie a Private Message
Bossman(my mouth, nosey, not so helpful gelding) would run the barrels if you left them up. You had to knock them over. He loved barrels. The mustang would roll them around and the two I have now will push them sometimes but it's mainly just Jazzy trying to rub her butt which ends up looking like she is using it as a chair!! lol Both my mares will fill feed pans around, even the huge rubber ones that I got for the cattle. It's mainly a "Hey you're late!" type of thing but Jazz flips them when there is food in them so she has to eat out of a feed bag. Really that is fitting since Feed Bag is one of her many nick names. She will eat just about anything but her mommy vits which drives me up the wall because her and the baby need them, they don't need the dog treats she tries to steal from the pups.
Go to Top of Page

Stormie
Clinician

1630 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  6:49:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Stormie's Homepage Send Stormie a Private Message
Bossman(my mouth, nosey, not so helpful gelding) would run the barrels if you left them up. You had to knock them over. He loved barrels. The mustang would roll them around and the two I have now will push them sometimes but it's mainly just Jazzy trying to rub her butt which ends up looking like she is using it as a chair!! lol Both my mares will fill feed pans around, even the huge rubber ones that I got for the cattle. It's mainly a "Hey you're late!" type of thing but Jazz flips them when there is food in them so she has to eat out of a feed bag. Really that is fitting since Feed Bag is one of her many nick names. She will eat just about anything but her mommy vits which drives me up the wall because her and the baby need them, they don't need the dog treats she tries to steal from the pups.
Go to Top of Page

Jacobs Buddy
Advanced Rider

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  10:36:57 PM  Show Profile Send Jacobs Buddy a Private Message
Hello all Thanks for the help. Yes with Jake braking the window it was a (Hey your late) thing. He no longer gets blankets to play with for just the reasons you said. That dog training idea sounds good, I think Jake would love that. I wounder if they would take us??? He has gotten better over the years. I don't let him get away with to much anymore. I just recently attended a Natural horsemanship clinic with my horse buddy. Respecting your space was the topic of the lessen and went I got home I work with Jake on that. He seemed to get it rite off. He does know what NO means. And KNOCK IT OFF He gets that one a lot. Its a funny story how I got roped into that clinic. I wasn't planning to be a participent at the clinic I was just spose to be delivering a horse. Who well thats another story. But I really enjoyed it. Oh I just got two plastic 55 gallon barrels from work. I have to clean them up a bit. I was going to put them in the new riding ring I put up this fall but I could put them in Jakes paddock untill I need them. He would have something new to play with.

I whisper but my horse don't listen.
Go to Top of Page

Jacobs Buddy
Advanced Rider

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  10:36:57 PM  Show Profile Send Jacobs Buddy a Private Message
Hello all Thanks for the help. Yes with Jake braking the window it was a (Hey your late) thing. He no longer gets blankets to play with for just the reasons you said. That dog training idea sounds good, I think Jake would love that. I wounder if they would take us??? He has gotten better over the years. I don't let him get away with to much anymore. I just recently attended a Natural horsemanship clinic with my horse buddy. Respecting your space was the topic of the lessen and went I got home I work with Jake on that. He seemed to get it rite off. He does know what NO means. And KNOCK IT OFF He gets that one a lot. Its a funny story how I got roped into that clinic. I wasn't planning to be a participent at the clinic I was just spose to be delivering a horse. Who well thats another story. But I really enjoyed it. Oh I just got two plastic 55 gallon barrels from work. I have to clean them up a bit. I was going to put them in the new riding ring I put up this fall but I could put them in Jakes paddock untill I need them. He would have something new to play with.

I whisper but my horse don't listen.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000