Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Saddle and Tack Topics
 Fitting Your Saddle to You
 Saddle sizes
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cali2daboot
Tenderfoot

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  8:15:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit cali2daboot's Homepage Send cali2daboot a Private Message
Hi, I recently purchased some mustang fillies(not BLM), and an trying to find out what size and type of saddle would be best for me and family members to purchase as well as what would be better for the horses as they have narrow withers. We will mainly be riding western for pleasure and possibly endurance later. I am 5'7' 160, my boyfriend is 5'11 210, and the kids range from 4'-5'1 and 55-105. Any and all answers would be greatly appreciated.

Niq

cali2daboot
Tenderfoot

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  8:21:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit cali2daboot's Homepage Send cali2daboot a Private Message
Im sorry I dont know if this will help but the horses are in the neighborhood of 15h hands.

Niq
Go to Top of Page

Quarterhorse101
Tenderfoot

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  9:47:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Quarterhorse101's Homepage Send Quarterhorse101 a Private Message
Sounds like you could get away w/ a 15" saddle, your boyfriend possibly a 16". Your kids- they could start off on a 14" but I mean they're still growing. I'm 6 feet and 200lbs, i use a 16" saddle. All saddles range in quality and $$$. For your kids considering they're growing I'd get a cheap bang around saddle, when they're older get em' a nicer one.

James Wood
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000