Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forum Suggestions & Information
 Board Tips, Ideas and Suggestions
 blondes on avatars
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fracturedbones
Clinician

3424 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2004 :  10:04:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit fracturedbones's Homepage Send fracturedbones a Private Message
Lost on how to do this. Do I need a web page to download? Computer impaired! All I have are pics in my document/photo files. Can I add from there? Thanks.

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2004 :  10:23:52 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
I don't think there is a way to upload pictures directly to the fourm so they do need to be online somewhere. Photobucket (http://www.photobucket.com/) sounds like they allow "hotlinking". What you would need to do is:

Create an account & upload your picture
RIGHT click on the PICTURE & find properties
Copy the URL (address)
Paste the URL into the address bar & make sure it will go to the picture. If it does....

Send the URL to Chuck.

Now if that's not confusing enough, your picture may have to be resized. Avatars are generally fairly small 90x90 pixels. Maybe there's an auto resize on the board.

Karen & Joe
Paoli, IN USA
Go to Top of Page

fracturedbones
Clinician

3424 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2004 :  12:59:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit fracturedbones's Homepage Send fracturedbones a Private Message
Hey, Paint Gal, THANK YOU! I was able after 2 hours (!) to get the POA's picure on the AVATAR! Thanks! Will try to get the TB on! Now, tell me, how did you get so tricky to do a slide show?? I'm sure that one is way beyond me!! Thanks again! You can see the Olympic Champ (!) on my profile! Only that far yet...
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2004 :  1:15:24 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
The animated avatar is a .gif file and was done in a MS program called Picture It!. Good job on your pic! The POA is a cutie.

Karen & Joe
Paoli, IN USA
Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2004 :  3:53:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
Congrats PaintGal!!! I see you have been issued a Moderator star!!

Fractured....I need to find pics of my POA, I swear that they could be brothers, at least! And I'm trying to do the math and figure out how old he would be now (17 maybe). He sold without papers so if I find those, I'll know for sure. Math makes my brain overheat....I'm gonna go lay down....

-Saddletramp
"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"
Go to Top of Page

Chuck
Forum Admin

USA
1265 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2004 :  4:09:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chuck's Homepage Send Chuck a Private Message
quote:
Congrats PaintGal!!! I see you have been issued a Moderator star!!

Saddletramp, yours is there for the taking....

Chuck

-The Saddle Shop
-Where horses like to shop!
http://www.horsesaddleshop.com
Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2004 :  7:29:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
Chuck-

I'm willing, as soon as my schedule lightens up a little bit! I'm back to school/work now and the hours are tough (and long, temporarily) to get used to after having the summer off! I know, I'm basically a whiner...but I'd REALLY rather NOT work, and just ride horses all day...okay, THAT fits everyone on this forum probably!

I WILL moderate as soon as I can, I know how much work you put into this, and I appreciate it, and want to help!

-Saddletramp
Go to Top of Page

fracturedbones
Clinician

3424 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2004 :  10:30:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit fracturedbones's Homepage Send fracturedbones a Private Message
Yes congrats Paint Gal! You and Saddletramp would be great, you both know alot and very helpful as well as sense of humor!

I am guessing is freebie position with lots of prestige!(wink wink) Was curious with Saddletramp what's cooking in school??

Paint Gal thanks for info...maybe this weekend could try and get fancy with the 2 pics..that is so cool! My kids usually have to show me anything beyond internet and they are at their dad's this weekend...
Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2004 :  3:10:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by fracturedbones

Was curious with Saddletramp what's cooking in school??

Today: French toast sticks (ugh), turkey sausage patties (I don't eat meat so I don't know how those were), chicken nuggets (again: meat), tater tots (yummy, actually), fresh apples (got fed to the horses), apple juice and mandarin oranges, along with milk! I guess that it was a "breakfast-for-lunch-day" today!

hehehehe

-Saddletramp
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000