Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussions
 General Information
 Stallion
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dodib
Trainer

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2006 :  10:56:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit dodib's Homepage Send dodib a Private Message
Well we have the stallion home now---he is so gentle for a stallion its amazing--I know I know we still keep our guard up around him! The trainer actual took him for his first ride last night--He did pretty well for the first time, he did buck once but that was all. He still has his wolf teeth so the vet will be removing them on the 20th, he also has a wart or Sarcoid in his ear that will be removed at that time too--as he will get his Sheath cleaned
Here is a pic from last night--kinda dark I know. I thought I had lightened them but guess not. I will take some more pics later.
Have had no issue at all we can bring him in the barn while the mares are in there and groom him and he will stand without a problem. Our new mare Sweetie is in LOVE with him --although she is not showing any signs of heat yet but she likes to nuzzle him over the gate. The pregnant mare has many nasty words for him
Anyway so far things are going great--the trainer is going to bring him to a shaggy show on April `15th(unfortunatly I will be in Florida) and if he's ok she may show him in a couple events

Dorthy Brown

Horsecrazygirl
Clinician

USA
2132 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2006 :  6:50:59 PM  Show Profile Send Horsecrazygirl a Private Message
Wow! Thats great!
I'm glad to hear that everything is going fine over there!

Good Luck!

"In the steady gaze of the horse shines a silent eloquence that speaks of love and loyalty, strength and courage. It is the window that reveals to us how willing is his spirit, how generous his heart."

"The horse, gives you the freedom from all life's challenges." H.Z.

Go to Top of Page

paintedbliss
Trainer

USA
618 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  09:47:18 AM  Show Profile Send paintedbliss a Private Message
What a beauty, he is a great looking stallion. He seems real calm, you would think he was a gelding.
Go to Top of Page

dodib
Trainer

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  09:51:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit dodib's Homepage Send dodib a Private Message
Thank you..............I'd like to see him gain some muscle and I am sure he will now that he is being worked!!
The trainer cannot believe how gentle he is...........and the last two years every mare "took" on the first breeding so he is fertile!!!!
I also can't wait to see him after he sheds his winter coat--I guess he gets much lighter and you can see his zebra bars

Dorthy Brown
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000