Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Caring and Owning Horses
 Horse Appraisal and Conformation
 Rocky, aka Rocket,
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tagnrocky
Clinician

USA
1776 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2006 :  4:10:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit tagnrocky's Homepage Send tagnrocky a Private Message

This is Rocky. I have no papers on him, but have been told he is probably Foundation Quarter Horse. Your comments? Also any comments on what color he is.

Nancy (and Tag & Rocky)
Free & easy down the trail I go......

Phoodforhorses
Beginning Rider

Canada
83 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2006 :  09:57:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Phoodforhorses's Homepage Send Phoodforhorses a Private Message
I really like Rocky. He has a nice big hip, good angles to his pasterns which match the angle of his shoulder as well. He has a nice topline with a bit more length to his underline which is good as well. It's hard to tell because he's looking at the camera, but his neck looks to to be a little thick, and I can't get a good look at the length in comparison to his body.

Overall, he is a nicely put together horse with a kind, alert expression. I like him.

As for the colour. Hmmm, you got me. His coat colour almost looks like a bucksin but he doesn't have the dark points to the ears, lower legs and tail. His tail has some flaxen but also a darker colour. His mane has some darker hairs but they almost look gray in that pic. He almost looks like a chocolate palomino but still, that's not it either. I'm stumped on the colour.

Oh well. I like him anyways.
Go to Top of Page

beccajane
Trainer

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2006 :  4:50:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit beccajane's Homepage Send beccajane a Private Message
What a handsome guy! I love the big hip. He has a nice long tail and mane. He is very well put together. Nice top line and good solid legs. I agree there is some QH there, but it looks like something else too. It's really hard to tell the color when they still have their winter coat. I think I see some dappling on his hind quarters. Definitley some palomino. I saw a color advertised as a chocolate palomino...maybe that's it. He has a sweet face and a nice eye. You have two fine looking horses.
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2006 :  5:31:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message
The color reminds me a bit of that of Rocky Mountain horses, just lighter! Going by conformation, though, I'd say he HAS to be at least mostly Foundation QH.

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

beccajane
Trainer

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2006 :  8:40:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit beccajane's Homepage Send beccajane a Private Message
EZ..
I agree on the Rocky Mountain. That must be what else I see. They have the long thick manes too. They are mostly a chocolate color with a flaxen mane and tail. Gorgeous!

Tag..
Is his ride really smooth? He is quite a handsome guy!
Go to Top of Page

tagnrocky
Clinician

USA
1776 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2006 :  9:10:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit tagnrocky's Homepage Send tagnrocky a Private Message
Thank you for the kind comments. I have always referred to him as a palomino, but he is almost a sooty palomino color. I like the sound of chocolate palomino better! And yes he does have dappling on both hips and shoulders. The one fault you cannot see is his mutton withers. He is almost flat across the withers, hard to keep a saddle in place.
You can't see Tag's tail in the picture, but his tail touches the ground too! I believe that the supplement I've been giving them, Omega Horseshine has done that. Both of their tails are at least a foot longer than when I got them.
Tag is a bit rougher at the trot than Rocky. He has some arthritis in the rear legs. He's a great trail horse tho'.

Nancy (and Tag & Rocky)
Free & easy down the trail I go......
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000