Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussions
 Saddle Shop Corral
 Sad news, Dennis Weaver and Don Knotts passed
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fracturedbones
Clinician

3424 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  11:45:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit fracturedbones's Homepage Send fracturedbones a Private Message
Don't know if you all heard the sad news the past few days about these two. Boy, for us oldies, it sure brings up memories watching Any Griffith, Gunsmoke and Mc Cloud....great older shows. Still catch the first two on TV Land....I know they are planning an Andy of Mayberry marathon, not sure about what they'll do for Dennis Weaver memorial.

Gosh, Don Knotts was so classic as Barney Fife!! Wouldn't have been a show without him. And Dennis Weaver, class act all the way, loved him best on Gunsmoke, but was good in Mc Cloud too. RIP to 2 favorite stars.

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  12:00:13 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message
And let's not forget Darrin McGavin. He, too, passed away just recently. It might not have been horsey, but I loved the old "Night Stalker" series.

Hard to believe all these great stars passed away so close to each other.

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Boots
Beginning Rider

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  2:21:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Boots's Homepage Send Boots a Private Message
Yup, heard about all 3 of them passing. :-( Enjoyed them, and catch re-runs on TV Land also.

Boots

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tell me, and I forget. Teach me, and I may remember. Involve me, and I learn. Ben Franklin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Truth is not determined by a majority vote.
- Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger
(Now Pope Benedict XVI)

Go to Top of Page

Horsecrazygirl
Clinician

USA
2132 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  6:55:34 PM  Show Profile Send Horsecrazygirl a Private Message
I know! They all were so great! I really liked Don! He was so funny!
Too bad.

"In the steady gaze of the horse shines a silent eloquence that speaks of love and loyalty, strength and courage. It is the window that reveals to us how willing is his spirit, how generous his heart."

"The horse, gives you the freedom from all life's challenges." H.Z.

Go to Top of Page

Budman
Advanced Rider

USA
230 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  10:37:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Budman's Homepage Send Budman a Private Message
Don't forget The Ghost and Mr Chicken!!! If you haven't seen it you need to. Don Knotts was definitely a great actor/comedian. How many times did Andy bail him out?? You don't see that type much anymore.

Dennis Weaver was also a great actor, McCloud was a good series.

Both of these guys will be missed.

Budman
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2006 :  10:58:45 AM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message
Don Knotts also starred in "The Incredible Mr. Limpett", "The Reluctant Astronaut", and co-starred with Tim Conway in "The Apple Dumplin Gang".

I saw the interview with Andy Griffith. The man was in tears and said he'd just lost his very best friend. I believe he also said he was with Don when he died. So sad.

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

paintedbliss
Trainer

USA
618 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2006 :  12:04:33 PM  Show Profile Send paintedbliss a Private Message
I loved darrin mcgavin in the "christmas story". He also was in countless other movies. Let's not forget don knotts in the three's company later episodes. What a comedian he was, paired with the late john ritter. I loved watching dennis weaver in mccloud when i was a kid, quite a handsome fella and great actor.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000