Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Caring and Owning Horses
 Grooming and Health
 Possible Bimectrin Warning
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  09:37:42 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
There may be a problem with a lot of Bimectrin wormer. Apparently, some horses that were wormed with this particular wormer have died but there is no autopsy result yet to prove that the wormer is the cause.

One lady lost all five horses she wormed with Bimectrin. The others wormed with a different product are fine. Other reports of very sick or of horses dying after using this wormer are coming in.

Country Supply has taken the product off the shelf and put up this info: http://www.horse.com/products/sku-BBL19.html I think Jeffers has also removed it from their site.

Here is the information on the Lot # as posted by the lady that lost 5 horses:

quote:
The lot number is 5J019 The 0 is either a number or the letter O its
hard to tell. the EXP is 07

It is thought that perhaps this lot was not properly diluted and that the wormer is full strength. Since wormers are actually poisons, this strength dose not only kills parasites but also kills the host and takes days to do it.

The lady that lost the 5 horses is getting threatening letters from the company that produces Bimectrin but she's not retracting her claims and is asking that anyone who has had problems with their horses after giving them this wormer to contact her. If you would like her email, please let me know.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  10:11:17 AM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message
That's terrible. I've got to get in touch with my friend, Maria, because she had several tubes of Bimectrin ready to worm her horses.

Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

Go to Top of Page

mtn rider
Trainer

Canada
634 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  10:22:29 AM  Show Profile Send mtn rider a Private Message
Hi Paintgal,

I didnt see this, and posted more of the same info in the "general" section. Oh well, we have 2 threads I guess!

Ride safe, return safe.

Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  11:29:12 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by mtn rider

Hi Paintgal,

I didnt see this, and posted more of the same info in the "general" section. Oh well, we have 2 threads I guess!

I see that! Rather than have 2 threads going, I'll close this thread. Additional information can be found here.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000