Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussions
 General Information
 Steve's Dad Passed On
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  09:11:02 AM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message
Just a quick note. Steve's dad, Tom Karns, passed away 1:10 am 2-18-06. Viewing is today 2 to 4 pm & 6 to 8 pm at the Deal-Rice Funeral Home in Huntington, IN. Services will be there, too, tomorrow at 3:00 pm. It was discovered he had cancer all through his body not more than 3 weeks ago. It spread quite rapidly. Until then, he was active and involved with many charitable activities.

Everyone is doing fine, now that the major shock is over. Please Keep Steve, his mother Wanda, me and the rest of the family in your prayers.

Ginger

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  09:24:41 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
My sympathies to all of you.

(((HUGS)))

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Parrothead
Trainer

USA
559 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  09:37:34 AM  Show Profile Send Parrothead a Private Message
Ginger,
My sincere condolences to you, Steve and the rest of your family.
Jill

Jill
Life is too short to ride bad horses.
Go to Top of Page

beccajane
Trainer

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  10:03:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit beccajane's Homepage Send beccajane a Private Message
I am so very sorry. My sympathies to you and Steve and his family. May God be with all of you.
Go to Top of Page

Termite
Advanced Rider

369 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  10:05:37 AM  Show Profile Send Termite a Private Message
Ginger

Sorry to hear that. You, Steve and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
Termite
Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  10:55:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
My condolences, RH. During this troubling time, don't forget to take care of yourselves and each other.

-Saddletramp

"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"
Go to Top of Page

ttyndale
Trainer

USA
744 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  11:24:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit ttyndale's Homepage Send ttyndale a Private Message
I will remember to say a prayer for you and the family to be strong and to draw closer together.
I often have to officiate at funerals (we call it a home going service when we know that loved one has made it in)We have a lot of rejoicing and happiness at the service but of course we acknowledge the time needed to weep. (Romans 12:15 Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.)

1 Corinthians 15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
Revelation 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Tell Steve to keep his chin up.
Go to Top of Page

fracturedbones
Clinician

3424 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  11:40:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit fracturedbones's Homepage Send fracturedbones a Private Message
Even though we are all grown up, still hard to lose a parent. My thoughts are with you and your hubby.
Go to Top of Page

FLOOPER
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  12:39:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit FLOOPER's Homepage Send FLOOPER a Private Message
Sympathy and condolences from the Floopers.

Flooper

"I'm a man. I can change. If I have to. I guess."
The Man's Prayer from the Red Green Show
Go to Top of Page

sbower
Clinician

1083 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  4:17:24 PM  Show Profile Send sbower a Private Message
My condolences and sympathy to you and your family.
Shelly

<'\__~
_(( // ====

Go to Top of Page

tagnrocky
Clinician

USA
1776 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  5:20:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit tagnrocky's Homepage Send tagnrocky a Private Message
I'm so sorry for your loss. Thoughts & prayers going up for you and your family.
Tagnrocky
Go to Top of Page

Horsecrazygirl
Clinician

USA
2132 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  7:45:59 PM  Show Profile Send Horsecrazygirl a Private Message
I'm so sorry to hear that!
You all are in my thoughts and prayers also!

"In the steady gaze of the horse shines a silent eloquence that speaks of love and loyalty, strength and courage. It is the window that reveals to us how willing is his spirit, how generous his heart."

"The horse, gives you the freedom from all life's challenges." H.Z.

Go to Top of Page

dorotomorrow
Tenderfoot

Canada
13 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  8:05:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit dorotomorrow's Homepage Send dorotomorrow a Private Message
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

dorotomorrow
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  8:12:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message
Thinking of you...thank goodness Steve has you by his side at this difficult time! So sorry for your loss, and hope that remembering the good times will give you strength and comfort.

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

TripleB
Beginning Rider

65 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  8:31:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit TripleB's Homepage Send TripleB a Private Message
I am so sorry! I can relate, I loss both my parents in the last year and a half, dad 4 days before fathers day last year and mom the day after thanksgiving this year. Does your father in law like to fish? My dad does, maybe he can show him around up there...

You are all in my prayers!

Go to Top of Page

Dixiesmom
Beginning Rider

145 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  9:32:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dixiesmom's Homepage Send Dixiesmom a Private Message
Ginger, so sorry to hear about your father-in-law passing. I will be thinking of you and your family.

Melissa

Dixie--black & white paint mare, 3yrs in April
Pete--roan missouri foxtrotter gelding, 21yrs in April
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  09:44:49 AM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message
My heart-felt thanks to each and every one of you. I posted this on two other forums and didn't get near the response I have received here. I've been reading your posts to Steve, and he told me to thank all of you for your kind and comforting words.

There is a story to tell that happened on Saturday, and as you can imagine, all of us had had precious little sleep... anywhere from a couple of hours to none at all. Steve's brother, Roger, is a high school teacher and the coach for the Wawasee swim team. Saturday was the boys' sectional meet, and Roger couldn't be there because of family. All day Saturday his cell phone rang off & on to be told that his boys were swimming their butts off for their coach in his time of need. Not only did they blow the competition out of the water(Roger figured they would ordinarily have had a 50-50 chance in the competition), they were breaking all their own personal bests in each event. When it was over, they had a representative from each event tell Roger how it went. That man was in tears. They had done it all for the love of their coach in his time of need.

Then last night, the boys & girls teams came to the evening viewing... all of them... 40 young people strong. It was one of the most impressive displays of devotion to one man that I've ever seen. These kids were absolutely amazing in their dedication to Roger. None of them had had dinner and they were asking me on a place they could go in that large of a group. I can just imagine how our local East of Chicago Pizza Co. felt when all these teenagers strode into their restaurant. I bet their jaws hit the ground!

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  11:33:47 AM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message
Ginger and Steve:

Heartfelt sympathy to you for the loss of your father/father-in-law. Celebrate the wonderful life he led and those lives he touched along the way. Letting go and saying 'goodbye' are so very hard, but he is now living the life we were all meant to live.

Hugs and prayers.

Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

Go to Top of Page

beccajane
Trainer

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  7:00:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit beccajane's Homepage Send beccajane a Private Message
It's times like these that you see just how many good people you surround yourself with. I bet Roger was so proud of his teams and this is something he will remember forever. What comfort he must have felt!! Sounds like things are settling down for all of you. Again, my sympathies to you all!
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  05:05:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
We are thinking about you and your loss and our thoughts are with you.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

ree7
Advanced Rider

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  08:18:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit ree7's Homepage Send ree7 a Private Message
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family..............
Go to Top of Page

paintedbliss
Trainer

USA
618 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  11:43:29 AM  Show Profile Send paintedbliss a Private Message
My thoughts are with you, the story of the swimming team was beautiful. My husband lost his dad 3 days after thanksgiving, so i understand how hard it can be at times. Even when it is expected, and death is considered a blessing when they are suffering it is still hard. Take care.
Go to Top of Page

missy
Beginning Rider

USA
123 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  12:57:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit missy's Homepage Send missy a Private Message
Please aceept our sympathy from my family to yours. Keep strong and God bless you all.
Go to Top of Page

OnTheWay
Clinician

1433 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  08:06:04 AM  Show Profile Send OnTheWay a Private Message
RH, so sorry for your loss! I just read your note since I haven't been on the board for several days. I hope you and Steve are faring as well as is possible under the circumstances. Warmest thoughts to both of you...
Carol
Go to Top of Page

Chuck
Forum Admin

USA
1265 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2006 :  12:53:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chuck's Homepage Send Chuck a Private Message
Sorry about the news RH. You're in our thoughts.

Chuck

Horse Saddle Shop

http://www.horsesaddleshop.com
Go to Top of Page

Phoodforhorses
Beginning Rider

Canada
83 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2006 :  8:42:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Phoodforhorses's Homepage Send Phoodforhorses a Private Message
A little late, but just wanted to pass on my condolences as well.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000