Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Caring and Owning Horses
 Horse Appraisal and Conformation
 Doc's Hickory , Painted Robin, and Grade
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sharon
Advanced Rider

USA
232 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2006 :  8:14:18 PM  Show Profile Send sharon a Private Message
This is an interesting and fun topic. What do you with an eye think of these horses?

This is the grand daughter of Doc's Hickory and Daughter of DocaRoyal.

This is Reye's Partytime out of Painted Robin, Sonny D Bar stock
Both of these horses are well papered.

This is my grade racking mare.

"You never know til you know for sure and even then its hard to tell."

beccajane
Trainer

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2006 :  9:47:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit beccajane's Homepage Send beccajane a Private Message
I'm not good at judging conformation, but they sure a easy on the eyes! Beautiful horses. How much do you ride your gaited horse? And which do you you prefer?
Go to Top of Page

sharon
Advanced Rider

USA
232 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2006 :  10:15:25 PM  Show Profile Send sharon a Private Message
I have gone completely "Gaited". I absolutely love this mare. Have no idea what blood runs through her but she is a wonderful ride with lots of endurance. She is sure footed and is "bounce-free". I wouldn't trade her for all the papered QH's in the world. The other two are now sold. In fact, all of our papered horses are gone and the only ones we have kept are "grade". Isn't that strange?!

Go to Top of Page

beccajane
Trainer

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2006 :  12:34:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit beccajane's Homepage Send beccajane a Private Message
It isn't strange at all! I have a papered paint mare...Hunter's Delight on this topic. I love her to death, but I'll take my little bay TWH grade gelding anyday! He is so smooth with lots of endurance. He is around 12 or so. I am trying to track down former owners to find out "the rest of the story" on him. He's such a good boy and has restored my confidence after a fall from my mare. He has the kindest eyes but a lot of go power and is completely managable. How big is your mare? Deuce might be 14-2 or 14-3 while Daisy is 15-0 of 15-1. I think he might have some Paso Fino in there somewhere. He doesn't have the size or long back of some of the TWH I have seen. He has a thick neck with a thick mane & tail and a lot of movement in his front legs. Enjoy your "glide ride"!
Go to Top of Page

sharon
Advanced Rider

USA
232 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2006 :  11:03:28 AM  Show Profile Send sharon a Private Message
She is 14.1 or 14.2. I have ridden smaller. She seems the right size for me. She has alot of go and does have a little spook in her but so far nothing I can't handle. I am concerned that she gaits in a stiff frame. I have purchased the imus bit and she is much more relaxed in the neck. I have the saddle on order. Can't wait to get it. She is my baby doll.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000