Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Caring and Owning Horses
 Horse Training
 Sky's training update
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rick Byers
Trainer

USA
545 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2006 :  10:13:13 PM  Show Profile Send Rick Byers a Private Message
I have been working with Sky(my Tenn. Walker)She has been progressing along quite well. Between My friend Chloe who is somewhat of a trainer and a Vet Tech and Me, Sky is learning things pretty good. Well today I decided it was time for her to act like a Walking horse under saddle and not just on a lounge line. I was working her today in the inside arena and qued her for the extended walk that she likes so well, after a few laps around the arena I qued her for the walking horse running walk and she took off in one of the most enjoyable rides I have had in 40 years, I had forgotten how smooth Walkers really were until today. I worked her at this pace for 5 laps around the arena clockwise then switched directions and went for 5 laps counter clockwise. Carol on her Quarter horse was lopeing to keep up.

Sassy the 15 year old Arab thinks she is hot stuff, Loving memory of India Diamond the 23 year old Arab . Sky the 15 old TWH knows she is pretty and flaunts it all the time. Sarphina has finally adjusted to all the Diva's. Color Me Fancy the coming 3 year old is trying to become lead Diva.

beccajane
Trainer

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2006 :  10:38:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit beccajane's Homepage Send beccajane a Private Message
Wow! Isn't it amazing how smooth they are? What a pleasure ....
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2006 :  07:25:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
Congratulations. Must be something to ride. My neighbour had a friend let him look after a Tennesse Walker while they were on vacation. The running walk was very smooth and did keep up with Hook's collected slow canter. Quite a sight to see.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2006 :  08:24:23 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
Great progress, Rick! Congrats

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Horsecrazygirl
Clinician

USA
2132 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2006 :  8:27:44 PM  Show Profile Send Horsecrazygirl a Private Message
Wow!
Thats great!
Thanks for sharing the great news!

"In the steady gaze of the horse shines a silent eloquence that speaks of love and loyalty, strength and courage. It is the window that reveals to us how willing is his spirit, how generous his heart."

"The horse, gives you the freedom from all life's challenges." H.Z.

Go to Top of Page

Parrothead
Trainer

USA
559 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2006 :  10:04:49 AM  Show Profile Send Parrothead a Private Message
Aint them gaited horses a dream!!!

Jill
Proud owner and rider of a TWH
and proud owner and feeder of a MFT
:-D
Go to Top of Page

fracturedbones
Clinician

3424 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2006 :  10:20:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit fracturedbones's Homepage Send fracturedbones a Private Message
Cool! I have yet to ride a gaited horse, sure would love to. I hear TWH's usually have good minds too. Sounds like it's true with yours.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000