Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Saddle and Tack Topics
 Tack Questions and Comments
 Vintage saddle?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rock
Tenderfoot

1 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  12:59:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit rock's Homepage Send rock a Private Message
I just purchased a saddle that looks to be vintage. It has no makers name but has a number on the 'keeper' that is 2878. It is dark oiled, acorn tooling, and has buckstiching. I would like to know if anyone knows who made the saddle?
Thanks.

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2006 :  06:56:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
Welcome to the forum. Probably we need more information to begin identifying your saddle. If you can post a picture it may help.

TO POST PICTURES ON THE FORUM
· Open an account at http://photobucket.com
· Click BROWSE on the add pictures screen and upload your picture from your hard drive. This make take some time depending on the size of your picture file
· When the upload is complete right click on the third line down titled “img” then COPY. With my computer I don’t have to highlight, when I right click all of the required file info is highlighted
· Now go to your post on the forum and put the curser where you want the picture.
· Right click, PASTE and you are done.
· Good idea to use preview on forum to check size of the picture. If it is too large go back to photobucket and use the edit function to reduce the size.

Good luck.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000