Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Saddle and Tack Topics
 Saddle Brands
 Bona Allen Show Saddle
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kimmy_21632
Tenderfoot

4 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  10:13:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit kimmy_21632's Homepage Send kimmy_21632 a Private Message
Somebody please help me to locate info. on Bona Allen Saddles.I bought a semi new(only used once)from a private party 2 years ago.This person had bought if for his daughter to show in but the daughter only showed once before she received her drivers license.The horse world went down hill from there for her.The saddle than sat in their home on a rack for quite a while till they sold it to me.I have been thinking about selling it to purchase a Circle Y.My problem is that I can not seem to find any tack stores that sell Bona Allen so that I could get a idea on what to charge for it.Why?Has the manufacturer possible changed their name maybe?I have even punched the name into several search engines to no avail.I would appreciate any info that anybody can give me.Thanks alot.My email address if needed is kimmy_21632@yahoo.com

KimBerly S.Hicks

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2006 :  07:41:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
Welcome to the Forum:
I have a Bona Allen barrel saddle that I purchased new about 5 years ago for SugarTyme. At the time the list price was about $2,500 Canadian and I bought it for $1,600. My saddle is a very well made saddle and I am curious why you would want to exchange a Bob Allen for a Circle Y.
If you still need to find the manufacturer contact let me know and I will as the Tack show where Ipurchsed my saddle.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

kimmy_21632
Tenderfoot

4 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2006 :  4:51:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit kimmy_21632's Homepage Send kimmy_21632 a Private Message
Thanks for welcoming me.I am not really set on a circle Y however I do want to purchase a new saddle.It may even be a another new bona allen if I could find somebody that sells them.It would be really great if you could ask at your tack store and let me know.Thanks a million.

KimBerly S.Hicks
Go to Top of Page

sharon
Advanced Rider

USA
232 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2006 :  09:05:25 AM  Show Profile Send sharon a Private Message
Some info I found. Hope it helps you track your saddle.

Foxwood Manufacturing & Distributing Co., Inc. Olney, Illinois
Acquired 1995; Limited Partnership Interest Sold in 1997
Foxwood is a leading distributor and manufacturer of high quality equestrian products serving both the English and western riding markets. The Company imports premier quality equestrian products from Europe, South America and Asia. Foxwood also operates Bona Allen Saddle Co., a manufacturer of western saddles and tack since 1873. Foxwood was acquired from The Seidler Companies by Equestrian Products Corp., a company formed by management, LaSalle and Kenter & Company.

"You never know til you know for sure and even then its hard to tell."
Go to Top of Page

kimmy_21632
Tenderfoot

4 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2006 :  9:14:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit kimmy_21632's Homepage Send kimmy_21632 a Private Message
Hi-Thanks alot for the information.I did try to research it to no avail.I just can not figure out why they are so hard to find.I could only pull up 2 on Ebay.A couple of years ago I remember receiving a catalog from a tack shop that sold them.But I have pulled up about a hundred different tack shops online but none of those carried Bona Allen.I will continue trying.Thanks again!

KimBerly S.Hicks
Go to Top of Page

Country Bumpkin
Advanced Rider

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  2:29:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Country Bumpkin's Homepage Send Country Bumpkin a Private Message
Hi kimmy. I have an old Bona Allen,made somewhere around 1943 or so. That saddle is the only one that I can ride in all day with the old horse I had and the mare I have now without any problems. I was looking up info about the saddles a while back.I will try to find that info and when I do I will PM you.
Welcome to the forum by the way!
Go to Top of Page

kimmy_21632
Tenderfoot

4 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  9:40:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit kimmy_21632's Homepage Send kimmy_21632 a Private Message
Thanks alot Country Bumpkin.I would really appreciate that.

KimBerly S.Hicks
Go to Top of Page

dr green
Tenderfoot

1 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2006 :  3:07:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit dr green's Homepage Send dr green a Private Message
I also bought a Bona Allen Saddle about 4 years ago on a trip to Mo, Love the saddle being a horseman for 40 years i know its the best i ever had or have set in I to would love Info where to get another one for a friend -anyone know where to find them please send it on to us there great saddles . I have a 3900.00 custom saddle that will not come close to the Bona Allen i gave 1600.00 for .. and i would give 3900 for the Bona Allen today ...

dr,green
Go to Top of Page

missy
Beginning Rider

USA
123 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2006 :  5:52:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit missy's Homepage Send missy a Private Message
I sold Bona Allen a couple of years ago and this is what I was told by my sales rep.: The company was bought by the employees and they ran it under the Bona Allen name for a few years. He said they went out of bussiness 2years ago.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000