Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Saddle and Tack Topics
 Discussions on Fitting Saddles to the Horse
 BEST METHOD OF SADDLE FITTING !
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pjb30153
Tenderfoot

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  09:42:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit pjb30153's Homepage Send pjb30153 a Private Message
For all Prospective Horse Buyers, before you buy a horse, Purchase your saddle first, then take it with you and shop for a Horse to fit it. This will save you a lot of expense and time. It is easier to take the saddle to the horse than to take the horse to the saddle.

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  5:19:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message
LOL, I have often thought along the same line!! I had one horse I bought 7 saddles for before finding one that fit.....

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  5:19:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message
LOL, I have often thought along the same line!! I had one horse I bought 7 saddles for before finding one that fit.....

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

Stormie
Clinician

1630 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  7:22:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Stormie's Homepage Send Stormie a Private Message
The magic 7th saddle, I wish I could have stopped there! With this mare i'm on saddle number 9 that I have had to buy out right to try but I have tried about 15 more.

Everyone keeps telling that I should just sell her and buy a horse to fit a saddle I already have but no way can I part with her, she was born here.
Go to Top of Page

Stormie
Clinician

1630 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  7:22:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Stormie's Homepage Send Stormie a Private Message
The magic 7th saddle, I wish I could have stopped there! With this mare i'm on saddle number 9 that I have had to buy out right to try but I have tried about 15 more.

Everyone keeps telling that I should just sell her and buy a horse to fit a saddle I already have but no way can I part with her, she was born here.
Go to Top of Page

Frost
Beginning Rider

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2005 :  9:16:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frost's Homepage Send Frost a Private Message
One horse with 4 saddles LOL!!! Promise has western saddles, and narry one fits perfect excpet for the one that Judy brings over. The last one a B-BAR-B fits fairly well, and is a semi QH bar. These others I have are Full QH bars and are unusually wide all along the length. She is kind of narrow and needs a narrower tree. We have 1 16" and the other 3 are 15" seats. Really nice saddles, just don't fit her. Would do to find out what they do fit. Found a neighbor that has a Morab with a fairly wide back and the black one seemed to fit him great. So, I think if I can find someone with a big bodied horse I have a saddle that will fit.

Vern

Former Nebraskan... Fix it with bailing wire and a welder.. I Remember when rocks were soft and dirt was new!
Go to Top of Page

Frost
Beginning Rider

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2005 :  9:16:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frost's Homepage Send Frost a Private Message
One horse with 4 saddles LOL!!! Promise has western saddles, and narry one fits perfect excpet for the one that Judy brings over. The last one a B-BAR-B fits fairly well, and is a semi QH bar. These others I have are Full QH bars and are unusually wide all along the length. She is kind of narrow and needs a narrower tree. We have 1 16" and the other 3 are 15" seats. Really nice saddles, just don't fit her. Would do to find out what they do fit. Found a neighbor that has a Morab with a fairly wide back and the black one seemed to fit him great. So, I think if I can find someone with a big bodied horse I have a saddle that will fit.

Vern

Former Nebraskan... Fix it with bailing wire and a welder.. I Remember when rocks were soft and dirt was new!
Go to Top of Page

elizNY
Beginning Rider

USA
105 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  12:00:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit elizNY's Homepage Send elizNY a Private Message
Saddle first, haha. Hey wait, that's not so funny...that's how I'm doing it!
Go to Top of Page

elizNY
Beginning Rider

USA
105 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  12:00:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit elizNY's Homepage Send elizNY a Private Message
Saddle first, haha. Hey wait, that's not so funny...that's how I'm doing it!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000