Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Saddle and Tack Topics
 Saddle Brands
 Circle Y Saddle Serial #s
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

goingaited
Tenderfoot

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2005 :  09:21:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit goingaited's Homepage Send goingaited a Private Message
OK - I remember being on here a month or so ago and there was a post about the serial #s on Circle Y saddles, explaining what the different grouping of numbers meant...now I can't find it. Help please?

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2005 :  11:37:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
I know exactly the post that you are referring to....and I couldn't find it either. I had thought that I saved it to my computer for my own reference, but no such luck.

Chuck....can you re-post, or maybe give us a link back to the original?

Thanks!

-Saddletramp

"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"

~~~~~~

When you work here, you can name your own salary. I named mine, "Louie".

~~~~~~

Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2005 :  11:37:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
I know exactly the post that you are referring to....and I couldn't find it either. I had thought that I saved it to my computer for my own reference, but no such luck.

Chuck....can you re-post, or maybe give us a link back to the original?

Thanks!

-Saddletramp

"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"

~~~~~~

When you work here, you can name your own salary. I named mine, "Louie".

~~~~~~

Go to Top of Page

Chuck
Forum Admin

USA
1265 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2005 :  07:40:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Chuck's Homepage Send Chuck a Private Message
quote:
I was wondering what all the information on the circle Y saddle tin label means. I know you're supposed to be able to tell the year and maybe seat size. Here's one I'm wondering about: 3330 1500 1198 01
14 Equitation. Is the equitation a good saddle and does that 14 in front mean the seat size is a 14 inch ? I know Circle Y's are great as I have an older one myself and even a youth one for sale. Just don't know all the info on the tags.

Here is what I know....

The first digit "3" shows the level/cost of the saddle with 1 being the highest and 3 being the lowest (entry level). The first 4 digits is the model # "3330" - I don't know how to interpret that. The next two digits is the seat size "15" is 15inch. The next two digits is the color:

00 Dark Oil
01 Walnut
04 Regular Oil
07 Ultra Lite
08 Pecan
18 Black

I beleive the next 6+ digits is the date and unique identifying number.

You have a 15" entry level Dark Oil Antique Saddle which I think was made in 1998.

*new in 2004 the tree size has been added as the last two digits. With 04 being regular qh bar, 05 being FQHB, and 06 being draft.

Chuck

Horse Saddle Shop

http://www.horsesaddleshop.com
Go to Top of Page

Chuck
Forum Admin

USA
1265 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2005 :  07:40:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Chuck's Homepage Send Chuck a Private Message
quote:
I was wondering what all the information on the circle Y saddle tin label means. I know you're supposed to be able to tell the year and maybe seat size. Here's one I'm wondering about: 3330 1500 1198 01
14 Equitation. Is the equitation a good saddle and does that 14 in front mean the seat size is a 14 inch ? I know Circle Y's are great as I have an older one myself and even a youth one for sale. Just don't know all the info on the tags.

Here is what I know....

The first digit "3" shows the level/cost of the saddle with 1 being the highest and 3 being the lowest (entry level). The first 4 digits is the model # "3330" - I don't know how to interpret that. The next two digits is the seat size "15" is 15inch. The next two digits is the color:

00 Dark Oil
01 Walnut
04 Regular Oil
07 Ultra Lite
08 Pecan
18 Black

I beleive the next 6+ digits is the date and unique identifying number.

You have a 15" entry level Dark Oil Antique Saddle which I think was made in 1998.

*new in 2004 the tree size has been added as the last two digits. With 04 being regular qh bar, 05 being FQHB, and 06 being draft.

Chuck

Horse Saddle Shop

http://www.horsesaddleshop.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000