Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Saddle and Tack Topics
 Saddle Types
 Barrel SAddle??
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

3_day_eventer
Beginning Rider

Canada
66 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2005 :  2:41:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit 3_day_eventer's Homepage Send 3_day_eventer a Private Message
Hey everyone...i have a little question....im into barrel racing and im in gymkhana...i love to trail ride and i was wondering if a barrel saddle will fit my needs??? does anyone else do what i do????

Katie

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2005 :  9:40:06 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
I love my barrel saddle and would be trail riding in it if it fit Joe. It didn't so I had to get a different saddle for him.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe 6 y/o Paint
Paoli, IN USA

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2005 :  9:40:06 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
I love my barrel saddle and would be trail riding in it if it fit Joe. It didn't so I had to get a different saddle for him.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe 6 y/o Paint
Paoli, IN USA

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2005 :  2:46:07 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message
Let's see... I've only been trail riding in a barrel saddle for over 10 years, now. So, I'd say the answer to your question would be yes... as long as it fits the horse properly. Hope you don't get that "pretty" barrel saddle of your's all gunky running through the mud .
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2005 :  2:46:07 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message
Let's see... I've only been trail riding in a barrel saddle for over 10 years, now. So, I'd say the answer to your question would be yes... as long as it fits the horse properly. Hope you don't get that "pretty" barrel saddle of your's all gunky running through the mud .
Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2005 :  3:05:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
I'm not aware of any hard and fast rules concerning trail riding and saddle types. I guess if it fits the horse, and fits you, why not? A comfortable saddle is a comfortable saddle, period.

-Saddletramp

"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"

~~~~~~

When you work here, you can name your own salary. I named mine, "Louie".

~~~~~~

Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2005 :  3:05:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
I'm not aware of any hard and fast rules concerning trail riding and saddle types. I guess if it fits the horse, and fits you, why not? A comfortable saddle is a comfortable saddle, period.

-Saddletramp

"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"

~~~~~~

When you work here, you can name your own salary. I named mine, "Louie".

~~~~~~

Go to Top of Page

3_day_eventer
Beginning Rider

Canada
66 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  7:41:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit 3_day_eventer's Homepage Send 3_day_eventer a Private Message
well thnx everyone for the info
and its kinda hard not gettign it dirty up here in the caribou thres tons of mud puddles and when your horse literaly splashes in them its hard....and i do try and watch my footing especialy in my cross country trail.....but i wont be usign that with my new saddle but hnx yall

~!~Later Days~!~
Go to Top of Page

3_day_eventer
Beginning Rider

Canada
66 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  7:41:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit 3_day_eventer's Homepage Send 3_day_eventer a Private Message
well thnx everyone for the info
and its kinda hard not gettign it dirty up here in the caribou thres tons of mud puddles and when your horse literaly splashes in them its hard....and i do try and watch my footing especialy in my cross country trail.....but i wont be usign that with my new saddle but hnx yall

~!~Later Days~!~
Go to Top of Page

Lindsay
Tenderfoot

9 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  10:14:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lindsay's Homepage Send Lindsay a Private Message
Barrel Saddles are SOOO Comfy. You can do anything in them.. In fact I always trail ride in my barrel saddle.

- Lindsay
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000