Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Saddle and Tack Topics
 Saddle Types
 Flex Tree Saddles and the Big Man
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sharon
Advanced Rider

USA
232 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2005 :  4:17:10 PM  Show Profile Send sharon a Private Message
Does the weight of the rider effect the performance of a flex tree saddle? Sounds like a crazy question, but in my mind, I would think a large rider could cause the saddle to pinch and rub while riding. Oh well, you really gotta know my mind to understand why I wonder these things.(LOL)! I would like to purchase a saddle for my husband. He rides a 15.1 very blocky quarter horse. He weighs approx. 285 lbs.

"You never know til you know for sure and even then its hard to tell."

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2005 :  6:08:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message
I have wondered about that, myself! Seems to me it would be much like riding bareback or in an English saddle, and both tend to put a lot of weight over a small area.

That is one reason why I like Ortho-Flex saddles; the weight is distributed over a larger area, and I think that makes it a lot easier for the horse to carry the rider.

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2005 :  6:08:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message
I have wondered about that, myself! Seems to me it would be much like riding bareback or in an English saddle, and both tend to put a lot of weight over a small area.

That is one reason why I like Ortho-Flex saddles; the weight is distributed over a larger area, and I think that makes it a lot easier for the horse to carry the rider.

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

Chuck
Forum Admin

USA
1265 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2005 :  6:26:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chuck's Homepage Send Chuck a Private Message
No, the weight of the rider will not cause the flex tree to malfunction (within reason). The flex tree does not bend and then keep it's shap but rather has a spring type action to it. It flexes, during movement, but only to instatnly spring back to it's original position.

Chuck

Horse Saddle Shop

http://www.horsesaddleshop.com
Go to Top of Page

Chuck
Forum Admin

USA
1265 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2005 :  6:26:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chuck's Homepage Send Chuck a Private Message
No, the weight of the rider will not cause the flex tree to malfunction (within reason). The flex tree does not bend and then keep it's shap but rather has a spring type action to it. It flexes, during movement, but only to instatnly spring back to it's original position.

Chuck

Horse Saddle Shop

http://www.horsesaddleshop.com
Go to Top of Page

3_day_eventer
Beginning Rider

Canada
66 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2005 :  3:55:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit 3_day_eventer's Homepage Send 3_day_eventer a Private Message
An english saddle is built just like a normal saddle they are smaller due tothe type of riding we do.....such as a dressage saddle has longer flaps cause you ride iwht a long leg and a jumping saddle (close contact) had short and fatter flaps for a short leg in jumping.....the english saddle is made to blance the rider and is still a good saddle!!

Katie
Go to Top of Page

3_day_eventer
Beginning Rider

Canada
66 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2005 :  3:55:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit 3_day_eventer's Homepage Send 3_day_eventer a Private Message
An english saddle is built just like a normal saddle they are smaller due tothe type of riding we do.....such as a dressage saddle has longer flaps cause you ride iwht a long leg and a jumping saddle (close contact) had short and fatter flaps for a short leg in jumping.....the english saddle is made to blance the rider and is still a good saddle!!

Katie
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000