Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Caring and Owning Horses
 Grooming and Health
 Jacob is Lame today
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jacobs Buddy
Advanced Rider

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  9:38:28 PM  Show Profile Send Jacobs Buddy a Private Message
Jake has an owwee!
when I went to turn jake out this morning he was lame. He was limping on his left front leg. So I let him out in the small pen while I cleaned the barn and did the chores. Then I bought him in to check things out. At first I thought it was a sole broise or an absess. He is prone to that this time of year. So I got a bucket of warm water and some soap to clean him up. He was covered in mud. After I got his leg and hoof all clean up. I notice heat and a bit of swelling and puffiness on the inside of the back of the leg starting from the bottom of the back of the knee going down to the fetlock area. Looks like a tendon injury. So I soaked it in very cold water for 20 minutes to 1/2 hour to get some of the swelling down. That seemed to help. Then I poulticed and wrapped it. That is what we always did with the polo ponies when I worked at the polo barn. Tonight I gave him a scoop of aspirease in his grain as I have no bute. I think I did the right things. Plan to keep it up untill I see inprovement. Jake was such a good boy. He stood quitly in the cross ties even for the cold water and thats not like him.

I am just wondering if I need to call the vet or is this something I can handle myself. A little short on cash these days.
Anyone out there have any good advice.

I whisper but my horse don't listen.

Stormie
Clinician

1630 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  12:56:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Stormie's Homepage Send Stormie a Private Message
It would depend on the injury. I got a nasty wake up call this summer about not messing around with tendon troubles but that was a cut.
Is it just puffy or does the tendon bow out? If it's a bow it's going to require a bit more then that including stall time for awhile and standing wraps. If it's a slight pull then ice/heat 10 minutes of each and then an hour off for a few times a day for a couple days will help. Along with a good rub and some time off, stall rest for a couple days. But that should have been started right away for the ice/heat. I can't remember the rule of after 24 hours if it's just heat or still the ice/heat. There are so many different ways to do it. Some say just ice the first 24, some say ice/heat, each person has a different time frame for them too. So it's basicly whatever your vet wants. If you can stall him for at least a couple days do it because he could hurt it more if he isn't and that could lead to bigger problems like a bow tendon even if it isn't now. A poultice can help but it also can make it a pain for the icing and heat.

Is your vet the type that would answer questions over the phone? Is so go ahead and call him. They can't come out and charge you unless you tell them to.
Go to Top of Page

Stormie
Clinician

1630 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  12:56:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Stormie's Homepage Send Stormie a Private Message
It would depend on the injury. I got a nasty wake up call this summer about not messing around with tendon troubles but that was a cut.
Is it just puffy or does the tendon bow out? If it's a bow it's going to require a bit more then that including stall time for awhile and standing wraps. If it's a slight pull then ice/heat 10 minutes of each and then an hour off for a few times a day for a couple days will help. Along with a good rub and some time off, stall rest for a couple days. But that should have been started right away for the ice/heat. I can't remember the rule of after 24 hours if it's just heat or still the ice/heat. There are so many different ways to do it. Some say just ice the first 24, some say ice/heat, each person has a different time frame for them too. So it's basicly whatever your vet wants. If you can stall him for at least a couple days do it because he could hurt it more if he isn't and that could lead to bigger problems like a bow tendon even if it isn't now. A poultice can help but it also can make it a pain for the icing and heat.

Is your vet the type that would answer questions over the phone? Is so go ahead and call him. They can't come out and charge you unless you tell them to.
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  12:05:53 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message
Also, if you can call your vet and ask for advice & guidance (I do that all the time with my vet), he should be able to decide whether it's something that he should come out and see for himself.

It sounds like you know what you're doing, but you've brought to mind something many people do and then pay for it later. Please realize I'm not aiming this at you or anyone in particular, but it's something that I feel should be said: It's always better to get a vet's advice or pay for a vet call and catch something in the early stages than to let it go or mis-diagnose it yourself and fork a fortune out in vet bills to correct the larger problem. And in extreme cases, it could mean whether the horse lives or dies. I'd definitely pick my horse's well-being over trying to save a few bucks any day. JMHO

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Jacobs Buddy
Advanced Rider

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  8:36:11 PM  Show Profile Send Jacobs Buddy a Private Message
Hello
Jake seems better today. I stalled him today and he was in a big hurry to get out and play. So I let him out in the small paddock while I clean his stall. He was very playfull. I dosn't look like a bowed tendon. Today there was less heat and swelling and he was a lot less lame on it. But still I am keeping him warped. He will stay in again tomarrow. I also iced and poulticed him again tonight.

Here he is being a good boy.

Here he is checking my work. I think he wants to take them off.
I think I will give the vet a call. And maybe tomarrow at work I will stop in the office and have a visit with my boss. She has a lot of experience with this sort of thing, being mom to nine polo ponies and all.
but I am happy to say he seems to be better. I think the stall rest is doing good for his leg but not so good for his head. Tonight I gave him some more toys to play with. He has completely fattened his horse ball But I think he likes it better that way. Buddy is in the stall next to him and he is fine with staying in and keeping jake company as long as he has food.

Edited by - Jacobs Buddy on 01/05/2006 8:49:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  9:52:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
Maybe you could post a close-up of the injured leg and the folks may be able to give you some more specific advice. Did you wrap both legs just in case? By the way , nice wrapping job, looks real professional and not too tight.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

sbower
Clinician

1083 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  10:00:42 PM  Show Profile Send sbower a Private Message
Nice job jacob's buddy! Glad to hear Jacob's better. A call to the vet wouldn't hurt but in the meantime I'd suggest continue doing the cold therapy for at least the first 72 hours, ideally cold hosing for twenty minutes two to four times a day. iTS a great way to cut down on any inflammation. Inflammation is the body's natural response to injury, but the heat/swelling it creates can actually cause further damage and additional scarring.

Between applications of cold therapy the pressure wrap will help keep the tissues collapsed, preventing the fluid from building up, and support the injured leg. It sounds like you've done this before but for those of you that haven't wrapped before make sure you know how. An incorrectly applied wrap could actually cause tendon damage or sores.

I'm impressed that you wrapped the other leg too.... this is usually done to prevent an overuse injury to the good leg.

IMHO you've done everything right so far! A vet might give you bute but IMHO that can mask the symptoms... be good about doing the cold therapy instead. Monitor Jacob carefully and remove the bandage if there is swelling above or below the wrap, an increase of lameness and call the vet immediately.

Beginning three to four days after the injury, you can alternate cold and hot therapy for up to a week. Go slow and steady, stall rest is good (I wouldn't be letting him frolic!) but after the third or fourth day I'd let Jacob move around some. You can walk him...just ten minutes to start. REMEMBER Slow and steady wins the race...the name of the game is to avoid re-injury at all cost.

Its pretty standard for most owners to handle mild injuries like this by themselves (especially without a cut or open wound) but as giving advice like this is always problematic I'll say that I'm not a vet and if you have any doubt that you are dealing might be getting worse, please call your vet. I'd also suggest that any time anyone treats their own horse that you maintain a log or record with dates/symptoms/ photos and actions taken. Memory is not always reliable!

<'\__~
_(( // ====

Go to Top of Page

Jacobs Buddy
Advanced Rider

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  10:34:38 PM  Show Profile Send Jacobs Buddy a Private Message
Hello All. Well I talked to the vet. She said I was doing everything just fine. Pretty much all the same thing you just said. Jacob is better. He is really feeling better. I tried to take him out walking this weekend and boy was he a handfull. He just wants to let loose. Oh well. Have to stay cooped up a bit longer. His leg looks much better. There is no more swelling. Just a little heat. He does not favor it at all at the walk but just a little troting but it is hard to tell as the ground outside too rough and frozen to move him on and my barn isle is too small to get a trot going. I exspect it will be a long slow recovery before he is back to his old self. It's just as well, I have no place to ride that would be safe to test his recovery untill spring anyway. He can take the winter off and get better. I have good old Buddy or Carrie I can ride instead anyway and he could always pony along. Weve done that before. So I will keep up what I have been doing. I was wondering however? When Should I start turning him out again? He normally gets turned out with his best friend Buddy but they get petty playful together some times. And when I do, should he have some type of wraps on for turnout? He has gotten a lot better about leaving them on. I have a pair of those neoprene splint boots he could wear.

Go to Top of Page

Stormie
Clinician

1630 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2006 :  12:53:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Stormie's Homepage Send Stormie a Private Message
You could wrap the leg for turn out at first, some vets say to some say not too. Maybe something else to bring up to the vet when the time comes. Splint boots won't do anything to support the tendons, wraps it questionable if they do. The sport boots like SMB's support a little better but if you do anything a good wrap would probably work well.
Go to Top of Page

sbower
Clinician

1083 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2006 :  09:20:49 AM  Show Profile Send sbower a Private Message
I know your're not going to want to hear this but I'd keep it him in for now...if you turn him out with a buddy he's going to want to play and chances are he'll hurt himself again. I wouldn't turn out until all the heat is gone at the very least. It's not going to hurt him to be stall bound for a little bit...assuming your stalls aren't too small?? Give lots of hay/toys to keep him busy. Handwalk if you have an area where you can.

Later, I would wrap him if you do turn him out, the extra support won't hurt, then leave off the wraps when he's in. Splint boots, like Stormie said aren't supportive. SMB's are great if you have them but are probably not worth the expense if you don't.

Glad to hear he's doing okay and good job calling the vet

<'\__~
_(( // ====

Go to Top of Page

Jacobs Buddy
Advanced Rider

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2006 :  10:15:15 PM  Show Profile Send Jacobs Buddy a Private Message
Well today I left him unwrapped in his stall and he was not so good tonight. So back to ice and wrapping. He will not be getting turnned out for a while. I have never had a horse with this type of injury, How long untill he gets better?? My sister and I have been working out a plan so we can rotate some of the other horses to stay in with jake. Then good old Buddy will not have to stay in all the time. Although he dosn't seem to mind. She has also offered to come over and help with chores in the evening and help with walking so I can get it all done before it gets dark. When he does go out,whenever that will be, I was thinking the same thing about the wraps being more supportive. I have been sewing every night so I have enough pairs of wraps that I don't have to be washing them every night.

Go to Top of Page

Stormie
Clinician

1630 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  01:21:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Stormie's Homepage Send Stormie a Private Message
hmmmm you want to sew some for the rest of us so we don't have to wash wraps. I hate washing wraps. I could sew them my self but I have never done wraps. I did make a set of quilts for a horse that needed a taller set then I could find at the stores. What do you make your wraps out of, fleece? I like the standing wraps but I can't find fabric that is close to them that doesn't fray. Jasmine cut her leg a week ago and it's not healing the best so now she is on PenG. Oh I love to give shots of that since it would kill me. I hate giving any shots but the PenG ones worry me a little more. I have enough sets(wraps) that I don't have to wash them that much plus I have one more turn out blanket to wash so I'll do them all at once. Those horses know how to make live hard don't they.

I agree with waiting for turn out. How long it will be depends on how he heals. If he keeps hurting it or stressing it it will take longer. I'm trying to remember how long Jaz had to be stalled, I think it was 2-3 weeks depending on how she did with a week or two of light turn out in a small area and then normal turn out with just hand walking and then I could slowly start her back again. Coal's tendon injury was a lot worst so she had a good 1.5-2 months of being locked up and then months of being in a small pen. She was hurt in June and finally able to go back on normal turn out right after Christmas so 6 months of being locked in "The Pen". She must have felt like she was in jail, poor girl. Tendon injuries can be touchy because it takes awhile for it to fully heal and they can rehurt it again.

Another thing about SMB boots. They made ice deals that go in them, I haven't used them. I found an ice pack that fits just prefect in the tendon area at the drug store. It worked great for Star. I had a heat pack that fit but not as well. I would trade those off and then wrap the leg and I didn't have to stand there holding anything or have to battle a wrap around them. So much easier.
Go to Top of Page

Jacobs Buddy
Advanced Rider

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  11:10:08 PM  Show Profile Send Jacobs Buddy a Private Message
Acturally I have been making the quilts. It seems I have plenty of wraps. People keep giving them to me. Polo wraps are pretty eazy to make though. Cut them out and sew on some velco. I have made some really cute quited english saddle pads for the kids when they were in thier english riding phase. Walmart has lots of neat prints of horses.

I too hate giving shots. I avoid it when ever I can. Try to get the hubby to do it. I have friends that I have seen giving banimene (I think that was it) in the vien . To horses that were colicing. Would never get me to do that. Al though I don't know if those horses would have servived if they hadn't done it when they did. Jake was one of those horses. Thought I was going to loose him at 1 1/2 years old.

Ya those horses keep ya hopping. Its like having more kids. Just that they don't need a sitter as much???
Any secrets for drying. I hate that big knoted ball of wraps that come out of the drier????

Well I am preparing to keep him couped up for some time. Today we went walking around the yard as it was the only place with decent footing to walk on. Boy was he wound!! Spent more time in the air then on the ground. It took a good 20 minutes for him to settle down. 20 minutes of his walking and me speed walking. But then he discover some somewhat green grass. that was when he dropped his head enough to see it.

I found one of those ice pack things at the drug store too. Now I can do things in the barn while he is icing. My mom had knee surgery and they gave her this outfit that you wrap on the leg then it has a pump that circulates water from a cooler of ice through tubes. We were dicussing how that would work on him.
I am amazed at how much better he is getting at standing still in the cross-ties for all of this. Jacob is not known for having much patience. My little boy is growing up. My little boy who is the tallest of all my horses!

Go to Top of Page

Jacobs Buddy
Advanced Rider

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  11:50:52 PM  Show Profile Send Jacobs Buddy a Private Message
I forgot to mention. I'M GETTING A NEW SEWING MACHINE! Yes.. as I was sewing the quitted leg wraps for jacob and curzing my old machine for messing up all the time. Hubby spouts from his easy chair. "SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED A NEW MACHINE." So off we went to the store. I picked one out that I thought was good. But NO. that wasn't going to do. My Hubby said and I qoute. "That machine is not going to be powerful enough for all that horses stuff you sew. The first time you try to sew one of those horse blanket on it, it will be junk. you need heavy duty." So he spent the rest of the evening on the net reserching heavy duty machines. And tomarrow we are going to another store to check out some more.
So do I need to enter a confesion to DE HAA.

Go to Top of Page

Stormie
Clinician

1630 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  02:08:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Stormie's Homepage Send Stormie a Private Message
My secret for washing wraps...I don't know if I want to share it! Go pick up those little mesh zip up bags the sell to wash stuff like bras in. You put one or two(but one is better) wraps per back and you don't have so much knotting. They still sometimes knot up with themself or if you put two but nowhere near like they do if you toss them all together. I wash and dry them in those bags. I have enough to wash 12 wraps.

I'm due for a new machine but I would like to go with two so I think I'll put the money into the heavy duty one this time and then get a lighter modle for the fancier, lighter stuff like the show clothes, fancy stitches. Mine it's that bad right now but I wear then fast so I don't know much longer it has.

My new thing is ribboned browbands. I had learned how to do it years ago but it was like relearning it all over again! So far I have the tooth pattern, Diamond pattern, and a few others down. I found this great black and gold ribbon the other day.

I haven't tried the wraps like I said, I was thinking of trying some in fleece but I hardly use the fleece type. I think matching wraps, browbrand and english pad would look neat....man this winter is dragging on!!

Stall rest is a good way to get some energy into them. You could still do some ground work to give him something to do. I'm sure you already have the TV and dvd player set up for him so that should take up some of his stall time. lol
Go to Top of Page

OnTheWay
Clinician

1433 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  04:12:58 AM  Show Profile Send OnTheWay a Private Message
Well, I'll add this in case anyone wants to check it out. A couple of months ago I was considering gettng my daughter a heavy duty sewing machine and looked on eBay. There is ONE seller on there who, at first I thought I'd pass on because his listings include the longest ramble on earth about how conscientious he is, and how other refurbishers steal his listing text, yadda yadda. I thought he may be difficult or a little "eccentric."

Well I wrote him a "Question to Seller" and over the course of a few emails, concluded that this guy is probably an absolute gem. Based on the application I was after (very thick leather that borders on needing an out-and-out industrial machine), he wrote back and said just shy of that level of sewing, he'd not hesitate with some of his machines, but if I wanted THAT level of power, there was another listing that he'd considered buying himself. (He knew the machine, it was a workhorse, top quality, etc.) And totally un-related seller.

Well, I didn't buy one at all. But remembered him. Just in emails alone, the guy was MUCH less rambling, but you could tell he truly takes GREAT pride in reconditioning machines, as in "artiste" and I believe he really loves them. Has been at it many, many years.

Just wanted to toss that in for anyone who'd like to check it out. His name is Michael Barak (ebay: mbmotorsports). Here's link to one of his auctions I was looking at. Twenty-five bids, ending at $303. Feedback is xlnt. I was impressed with him.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8228841945&ru=http://search.ebay.com:80/8228841945_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8QQfviZ1

I still have some of his emails that discuss various types of machines including ones other sellers specialize in. I could dig those out if needed. Heavy duty sewing machines MAY be a case where "they don't make 'em like they used to." If so, I think this guy is worth knowing about based on all my impressions of him.
Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  09:23:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
Stormie-

It's not a secret....I've washed my wraps, etc, those mesh bags forever! lol Even strung one (a mesh bag) up on a bent wire coat hanger when the boys were little so that they could catch butterflies....

-Saddletramp

"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"
Go to Top of Page

Stormie
Clinician

1630 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2006 :  12:11:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Stormie's Homepage Send Stormie a Private Message
I know it's not a real secret :( I got it years ago from a magazine, Wisconsin Horseman I think.

Another one is to pin them together. You fold a wrap up a number of times and then pin one side of it. They aren't that long and all held together so they can't get wrapped up. But if you don't dry them or take the pins out right away the pins can rust on them.

What is it with wraps? I have a zillion 'sets' but over the years some of those 'sets' turn into being only 2 or 3, sometimes only 1. Do they grow legs and walk off? Are they needed for the smooth running of UFOs? I have a tote full of leg wraps that are not full sets. Even a few that I think make a set of 4 but two are one color and two are nother color like Navy and med. Blue. When they went in the wash they where set but when they came out they looked like the mutt and jeff. I think I have about enough bell boots and splint boots that are 'sets' to fill another tote.
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2006 :  06:50:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
Jacobsbuddy;
You should probably reduce buddy's energy intake when he is stalled. He definiteley will not need as much feed as he would when he is outside. Because he has a lot of excess energy I would cut his grain ration way back. He does not need much when on stall care, just a handful. Make sure you only feed grass hay and monitor the Amount to make sure he doesn't get over weight which would not be a good thing on a sore leg.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

Jacobs Buddy
Advanced Rider

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2006 :  9:42:22 PM  Show Profile Send Jacobs Buddy a Private Message
hello Ontheway. Yes we saw that one on ebay. My hubby siad that was the longest listing he ever saw. and he spends a lot of time on ebay. We ended up buying a necchi but I had an old phaff model 6. Hubby go a new belt for it and now I have two machines. One super heavy duty and one that does all the fancy stuff. I should be set for life now. Just think of all the cool horsey stuff I can make.

Thanks for the mesh bag tip. Next trip to town I am going to look for one. in the mean time that pin method should work. Ya know wraps are like socks, some times I think the drier just eats them. Yes sometimes they get used for other things. I used one to hold a bumper on a car once. I had this old car. Ran great but it was rusting out something awful. Wasn't ready to get a new one yet thought I would drive it untill it fell apart. One day I went over a R&R track and the back bumper fell off on one side and was dragging on the ground. Had to do something and all I could find in the trunk was some leg wraps. I tied the bumper on with one and made it home. I wasn't much good for wrapping after that

Oh ya I have cut his grain back to about 1/2 but I think I will start giving him even less. He is getting a little puggy. And he is just getting grass hay.

Edited by - Jacobs Buddy on 01/15/2006 9:57:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

OnTheWay
Clinician

1433 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2006 :  05:49:45 AM  Show Profile Send OnTheWay a Private Message
JB, sounds like you're all set on sewing machines! It wasn't that specific machine I was pointing out, but the seller. He seems to live and breathe refurbishing older sewing machines and thinks anything made beyond a certain date is "plastic, bah humbug." (One of those.) But I really liked his honesty in emails. He steered me away from his and to two other sellers/auctions because daughter wanted something that would work on coach bag type leather. Just a good name to keep on hand for anyone wanting a heavy duty at good prices. ;-)
Go to Top of Page

Jacobs Buddy
Advanced Rider

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2006 :  9:09:43 PM  Show Profile Send Jacobs Buddy a Private Message
ontheway. weeeee new machine works great. New I need a new sewing project.
We Jacob is really full of the dickens these days. We tried to go walking down the road along the hayfield today. Had to stop and work on those ground manners a few times. And he is getting grabbier then ever. It is hard to keep him quiet. He wants to go!! I cut his grain down to nearly nothing. No treats, Grass hay and he is just silly when he gets outside. But I think he is starting to get the program now. I went to the pet store today and got him some toys. He loves them. Tonight he was trying to push his ball through the bars of the stall into Buddy's stall and Buddy was trying to get it. Those two boys are a laugh a minute. They really are pals. Jake has a new trick now. When I am cleaning is stall with him in it he wants me to scratch his butt. So he takes tiny little steps backwards untill he bumps into me. Then if I don't sractch him he backs up a little more and a little more untill I have to push him away. It wouldn't be so bad but he is so tall I can't see over his butt. I tried tying him in the barn iyll but then he stand there and paws. He just wants attention.

Go to Top of Page

Jacobs Buddy
Advanced Rider

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2006 :  8:44:02 PM  Show Profile Send Jacobs Buddy a Private Message

Update on Jacob!
I am happy to say that Jacob is feeling better. His leg looks normal again. We have been walking everyday when I get home from work. He has been so good. No silliness. He looks forward to our walks. The other day we ran into the nieghbor lady walking her dog. She thought that was pretty neat. So I am less worried about him. Still not ready to turn him out with the other horses. I did some research and collected a number of articles about tendon injurey and recovery. So I have a good plan for slowly getting him back in shape.
I have had horses for many years but you just never stop learning.

Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2006 :  05:41:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
Great news. Tendons take time to rebuild.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2006 :  07:59:18 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
I'm glad he's better!

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000