Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussions
 Trails
 DE ride?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Country Bumpkin
Advanced Rider

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  10:32:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Country Bumpkin's Homepage Send Country Bumpkin a Private Message
Ok, somewhere on this site I thought I read something about a Daily Equine get-together trail ride type thing.
Do ya'll agree to meet somewhere for a trail ride? Where are these rides usually at,or am I going crazy and just thought I saw that?lol

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  10:07:13 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
Well you may be crazy anyway but you're right about the DE Ride! Several members & their friends met last July for a weekend ride in Indiana at MidWest Trail Ride. We chose that facility because of the cabins, mess hall, showers & great trails and it was the closest facility to the majority of members that wanted to ride. The trails on Midwest property join a rather large national forest trail system so one can ride for hours.

It was a blast and I sure hope we can get a DE Ride '06 organized! Not all of us have LQ trailers so we need to find a place that has cabins & showers. Not having to cook every meal is great so a mess hall would be good but I suppose we could live without one. I think we'd also have to consider gas prices & distance.

Any suggestions from anyone on when & where?

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  10:07:13 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
Well you may be crazy anyway but you're right about the DE Ride! Several members & their friends met last July for a weekend ride in Indiana at MidWest Trail Ride. We chose that facility because of the cabins, mess hall, showers & great trails and it was the closest facility to the majority of members that wanted to ride. The trails on Midwest property join a rather large national forest trail system so one can ride for hours.

It was a blast and I sure hope we can get a DE Ride '06 organized! Not all of us have LQ trailers so we need to find a place that has cabins & showers. Not having to cook every meal is great so a mess hall would be good but I suppose we could live without one. I think we'd also have to consider gas prices & distance.

Any suggestions from anyone on when & where?

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  10:30:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message
We had a blast, and I would not mind going there again in 06 for another DE ride! DE folks living in other parts of the country might want to get together somewhere in their areas, too. A California DE ride...a PA DE ride, and anywhere there might be several DE people who want to ride together!!

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  10:30:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message
We had a blast, and I would not mind going there again in 06 for another DE ride! DE folks living in other parts of the country might want to get together somewhere in their areas, too. A California DE ride...a PA DE ride, and anywhere there might be several DE people who want to ride together!!

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

Country Bumpkin
Advanced Rider

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  12:00:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Country Bumpkin's Homepage Send Country Bumpkin a Private Message
Wow, that does sound fun. I live in Arkansas.Does anyone here live anywhere close?lol
The October ride sounds kinda like that DE ride. A lot of people set up camp at the starting point with their horses and there is a ride each day for 6 days.Friday night is cookout night.After the ride everyone heads back for a fish fry and the younger riders usually end up playing games on horses.
I did one 24+ mile ride one day and that about done me in lol so I couldn't do the whole week!
Go to Top of Page

Country Bumpkin
Advanced Rider

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  12:00:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Country Bumpkin's Homepage Send Country Bumpkin a Private Message
Wow, that does sound fun. I live in Arkansas.Does anyone here live anywhere close?lol
The October ride sounds kinda like that DE ride. A lot of people set up camp at the starting point with their horses and there is a ride each day for 6 days.Friday night is cookout night.After the ride everyone heads back for a fish fry and the younger riders usually end up playing games on horses.
I did one 24+ mile ride one day and that about done me in lol so I couldn't do the whole week!
Go to Top of Page

beccajane
Trainer

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  12:42:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit beccajane's Homepage Send beccajane a Private Message
I would love to come! Midwest sounds great.....never been there...yet. But I've heard great things about it. I think on special weekends, they have various other things going on. Like auctions, clinics, etc. Too bad we're all so far apart.
Go to Top of Page

beccajane
Trainer

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  12:42:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit beccajane's Homepage Send beccajane a Private Message
I would love to come! Midwest sounds great.....never been there...yet. But I've heard great things about it. I think on special weekends, they have various other things going on. Like auctions, clinics, etc. Too bad we're all so far apart.
Go to Top of Page

Parrothead
Trainer

USA
559 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  11:44:25 AM  Show Profile Send Parrothead a Private Message
The DE ride was a hoot. It would'nt have to be in IN. If a place had the facilities like Midwest Trail Ride, I would be up for going elsewhere.

Anything out your way Floop?

Jill
Life is too short to ride bad horses.
Go to Top of Page

Parrothead
Trainer

USA
559 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  11:44:25 AM  Show Profile Send Parrothead a Private Message
The DE ride was a hoot. It would'nt have to be in IN. If a place had the facilities like Midwest Trail Ride, I would be up for going elsewhere.

Anything out your way Floop?

Jill
Life is too short to ride bad horses.
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  12:45:12 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message
I don't know, Parrot. It would have to be where it'd be the most convenient for most DE members travel-wise, and if you look at the DE membership map, most of us are from IN or the surrounding area. Though I'd love to go somewhere else other than MTR, we have to consider driving distances for the majority of us and camping facilities especially for those of us who don't have LQ's in our trailers. The gas prices, I'm sure will be a big deciding factor, too, for those of us who are budget minded.

I'm not trying to put a damper on anything, but I am trying to stay realistic in what would be best for the majority... and like EZ said, there could be other DE rides set up in other parts of the country.

Just my thoughts for now.

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  12:45:12 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message
I don't know, Parrot. It would have to be where it'd be the most convenient for most DE members travel-wise, and if you look at the DE membership map, most of us are from IN or the surrounding area. Though I'd love to go somewhere else other than MTR, we have to consider driving distances for the majority of us and camping facilities especially for those of us who don't have LQ's in our trailers. The gas prices, I'm sure will be a big deciding factor, too, for those of us who are budget minded.

I'm not trying to put a damper on anything, but I am trying to stay realistic in what would be best for the majority... and like EZ said, there could be other DE rides set up in other parts of the country.

Just my thoughts for now.

--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Budman
Advanced Rider

USA
230 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  2:26:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Budman's Homepage Send Budman a Private Message
I'm in, but it would be nice to have it earlier this year, sometime a little cooler than July!

Is there anything like MTR in the Shawnee NF, southern IL? There's also Willow Creek Outpost in Western Ky, but I don't know what kind of facilities they have. The AQHA has one of their trail rides there in the fall.

Budman
Go to Top of Page

Budman
Advanced Rider

USA
230 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  2:26:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Budman's Homepage Send Budman a Private Message
I'm in, but it would be nice to have it earlier this year, sometime a little cooler than July!

Is there anything like MTR in the Shawnee NF, southern IL? There's also Willow Creek Outpost in Western Ky, but I don't know what kind of facilities they have. The AQHA has one of their trail rides there in the fall.

Budman
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  3:51:56 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
Bear Branch Horse Camp at Shawnee looks nice. The cabins & stalls look to be more expensive than MTR. I think it's about a 4+ hour haul from Louisville and over 5+ from Indy pulling a trailer.

If we decide to go to MTR again, we could always haul to Blackwell or to Hickory Ridge to ride for the day rather than ride the same trails at MTR.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  3:51:56 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
Bear Branch Horse Camp at Shawnee looks nice. The cabins & stalls look to be more expensive than MTR. I think it's about a 4+ hour haul from Louisville and over 5+ from Indy pulling a trailer.

If we decide to go to MTR again, we could always haul to Blackwell or to Hickory Ridge to ride for the day rather than ride the same trails at MTR.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  4:17:54 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by PaintGal

I was thinking along similar lines, myself, if we camp at MTR, again. I really enjoyed the Charles Deam Wilderness Area out of the Blackwell horse camp, and I'd love to get out on those trails closer to Hickery Ridge but a little too far out to ride from MTR.

--Robert Browning

-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  4:17:54 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by PaintGal

I was thinking along similar lines, myself, if we camp at MTR, again. I really enjoyed the Charles Deam Wilderness Area out of the Blackwell horse camp, and I'd love to get out on those trails closer to Hickery Ridge but a little too far out to ride from MTR.

--Robert Browning

-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Dixiesmom
Beginning Rider

145 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  5:46:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dixiesmom's Homepage Send Dixiesmom a Private Message
I havent been here yet, but I have been told this place is nice.

www.eagleranchtrails.com

A few of us are planning to go here the weekend before July 4th. It is in Collins, MO.

Melissa

Dixie--black & white paint mare, 3yrs in April
Pete--roan missouri foxtrotter gelding, 21yrs in April
Go to Top of Page

Dixiesmom
Beginning Rider

145 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  5:46:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dixiesmom's Homepage Send Dixiesmom a Private Message
I havent been here yet, but I have been told this place is nice.

www.eagleranchtrails.com

A few of us are planning to go here the weekend before July 4th. It is in Collins, MO.

Melissa

Dixie--black & white paint mare, 3yrs in April
Pete--roan missouri foxtrotter gelding, 21yrs in April
Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  8:14:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
Has anyone been to LBL in KY? What's it like? Am supposed to be going with shoer's group this summer....

*Land Between The Lakes*

-Saddletramp

"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"
Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  8:14:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
Has anyone been to LBL in KY? What's it like? Am supposed to be going with shoer's group this summer....

*Land Between The Lakes*

-Saddletramp

"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"
Go to Top of Page

Charlies mom
Beginning Rider

67 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  1:48:35 PM  Show Profile Send Charlies mom a Private Message
Heard it is first come first serve and sometimes hard to get a site. There is 2 camps : willow creek and wranglers. Heard the trails are great though.
CM
Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  8:37:22 PM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message
I've heard great things about Willow Creek. Mammoth Cave is another good location offering stalls and showers. No mess hall or cabins; however, Jack does rent out the apartment over the livery barn and it is nice and comfy. Sleeps 4-6 I believe.

Appygirl

Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000