Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussions
 General Information
 New member intro...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

arizona77
Tenderfoot

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  7:02:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit arizona77's Homepage Send arizona77 a Private Message
Hello, I posted about the Mustangs but wanted to introduce myself so ya'll know who you're talkin' to...

I'm Loree, and we live in Paulden ( with my hubby of 7 years and 2 daughters and one baby on the way), AZ right now, but are planning our dream of moving to Montana in April, we can't wait:O)
We have three horses right now, Choncho was our first horse. We got him from a *horse trader* as I call this guy. Choncho was a 2y/o stud colt that had been left in a stall his whole life. I had met Choncho a year earlier as dh and I would take the long way home and look at horses. Here was this beautiful chestnut Appaloosa that was SKINNY as all git out. I would make dh take me to see if he was putting on weight, and he eventually did, and I kinda forgot about him. Then a guy came to buy a car we had for sale, he wanted to trade me a truck but we already had 2, then he tells me that he's got a stud colt...SOLD!!! is what I told him, sight unseen!! We go to see our new guy and low and behold, it's that skinny App;O) The day we brought him home was bitter-sweet...he had never been loaded, the guy was in a hurry, and of course the guy had to have mares right next to where he told us to park the trailer. Well, long story short, I would have been in tears if my girls had not been there, and by the time this *guy* got him loaded, my boy was on his back with all four feet in the air thrashing around the trailer, but I'll tell ya, my boy backed out like a true champion!!!
When we had him gelded we find out why his tongue hangs out...he has NO bottom teeth in front and never will. The guy told us that Choncho had pulled ONE tooth out when he bit a fence as a youngster, well it turned out that the guy wanted a *spotted* baby sooooo bad that he put Choncho in with a couple mares and they kicked his teeth out and when I had seen this horse was when he was in pain and couldn't eat...talk about feeling guilty...But, he still got to come home:O)
Sorry to write a book on Choncho, whatta guy he is. Rebel is our little pony guy that we rescued (or talked into taking;) from a horrible home. I love the Choncho but Rebel is so neat to work with, unlike the Chonch who still pushes back;)
And our only mare (not sure if I like'em either;O) is Suzi Mae, who is a 6 y/o reservation mare. She came to us after being bought at the auction. I am having a tough time getting through to her that I will not hurt her. She's not mean as in kicking or biting, she's just VERY shy. My hubby wanted to give her away but I refuse to give up on this wonderful girl because she's not *easy* (might be a fun move to MT with this one;) We make progress, just not fast.
Anyhoo, sorry to write a book. I enjoy learning things everyday, even if it's just watching the little herd in the pasture and learning by watching. Glad to be here.
Loree in AZ (132 days of no rain, but by-golly we got some clouds and a chance fer rain!!!!!)

Termite
Advanced Rider

369 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  7:30:17 PM  Show Profile Send Termite a Private Message
Welcome Arizona77

Those are good looking horses and a great story. Sorry I got you mixed up with another new member today in another post that I deleted.

Termite
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  7:55:01 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
Welcome to the Board!

Sounds like Choncho is really lucky to be out of the situation he was in. Poor guy sure had a rough start. Is he able to graze?

You certainly have your hands full with all 3 of them and skinkids and one on the way! When are you due?

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Horsecrazygirl
Clinician

USA
2132 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  8:04:16 PM  Show Profile Send Horsecrazygirl a Private Message
Howdy! Welcome to the Board!
Glad to have ya here!
Your horses sound great!
Wow to Montana! Thats really neat!
I'm in N.Y.,Not quite as high up as Montana LOL and I'm at 2100 elevation! Imagine the snow up there!

"In the steady gaze of the horse shines a silent eloquence that speaks of love and loyalty, strength and courage. It is the window that reveals to us how willing is his spirit, how generous his heart."

"The horse, gives you the freedom from all life's challenges." H.Z.

Go to Top of Page

NoahsArk
Advanced Rider

USA
153 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  8:07:35 PM  Show Profile Send NoahsArk a Private Message
Welcome to the board!

Melissa
Rock-A-Way Pete: 1985-2006 My best partner.....I love you Pete!
O-Hi's Mountain Maggie: the new girl in town.
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  05:22:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
Welcome to the board from Canada. You will like the folks here.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

arizona77
Tenderfoot

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  07:51:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit arizona77's Homepage Send arizona77 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Termite

Welcome Arizona77

Those are good looking horses and a great story. Sorry I got you mixed up with another new member today in another post that I deleted.

Termite

Ahh, no worries, Termite, never saw the post;O) Thank you for the welcome, seems like a really nice place, everyone is very welcoming!!
Loree in AZ
Go to Top of Page

arizona77
Tenderfoot

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  08:04:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit arizona77's Homepage Send arizona77 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by PaintGal

Welcome to the Board!

Sounds like Choncho is really lucky to be out of the situation he was in. Poor guy sure had a rough start. Is he able to graze?

You certainly have your hands full with all 3 of them and skinkids and one on the way! When are you due?

(wavin' back) It is great to be here and ya'll are just so nice!!! Thanks for the welcome.

Choncho did have it rough but what a wonderful young man he has turned into, we're proud of him...we just need to get back to driving him. He can graze really well actually, kinda like a cow, with his top teeth and tongue, but he is the low man and Suzi just HATES him. I'm hoping when we start working him more, his confidence level will go up, he towers over the other horses, but follows his pony guy to find out what *horses do*, poor guy has no clue:O)
I go to the doc on Thursday but will probably be due sometime in October...we hope it's a little cowboy...we got 2 cowgirls;O)
Loree in AZ
Go to Top of Page

Budman
Advanced Rider

USA
230 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  08:35:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Budman's Homepage Send Budman a Private Message
Welcome to the board!!

Where is Paulden AZ? I lived in Tucson for 7 years, beautiful place!

Budman
Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  08:45:56 AM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message
Welcome to the board, Loree. Sounds like your herd is growing from several different angles! Choncho will get it all figured out with the socialization skills before long. I'm glad he came to you as he did. Wow, Montana! One of the states I'm dying to visit someday.

Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

Go to Top of Page

fracturedbones
Clinician

3424 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  10:21:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit fracturedbones's Homepage Send fracturedbones a Private Message
Welcome Arizona!
Great story. Lucky horses to have you!
Wow, what a climate change from AZ to Montana!
We actually have rain in S Cal, started last night...probably on it's way to you!
Have never heard of your town, what area in AZ are you located?
Go to Top of Page

arizona77
Tenderfoot

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  10:30:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit arizona77's Homepage Send arizona77 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Horsecrazygirl

Howdy! Welcome to the Board!
Glad to have ya here!
Your horses sound great!
Wow to Montana! Thats really neat!
I'm in N.Y.,Not quite as high up as Montana LOL and I'm at 2100 elevation! Imagine the snow up there!

Howdy Horsecrazygirl!! I have always wanted to go back east and see the green and trees, a lot different from here in the west. Surprisingly, Montana has major altitude changes, some as low as you:O) But yes, snow, snow, snow...I love it!!
Loree in AZ
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  10:30:35 AM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message
I really don't know AZ real well, but my parents(mom & step-dad) live in Sun City. Is that anywhere near your neck of the woods?

I, too, am glad that you have Concho, poor guy. I have a passion for Appaloosas and an into foundation Appaloosas, myself. If you're interested in them, too, feel free to check out www.foundationapp.com .

I really feel for Concho. When my Appaloosa gelding W.T. was a two year old, he was in the process of losing his middle incisors... baby teeth. As most of us know, this is normal at this age. Well, I noticed a day or two earlier he had just lost one of the upper ones when I had him on the cross ties in the middle of the aisleway where I was boarding at the time. I know better, now, but I hadn't had much experience with cross ties at the time. So, when I was ready to bridle W.T., I dropped the halter off his nose and placed in around his neck while both cross ties were still snapped to it. I'm not sure exactly how it happened, but W.T. lost his footing on the concrete flooring of the aisleway, went down on his knees, and bopped his nose straight down on the floor! Scared me to death! That's when I noticed blood dripping out of his mouth and a tooth laying on the floor. I checked his mouth, and sure enough, he'd knocked out the other middle upper incisor! I felt so sorry for him for the next few days at feeding time. He'd look at his grain, give off this big, heavy sigh, and turn to his hay. Oh, he'd eat his grain, since I always found the grain box empty, but I know it had to be difficult.

Hope you enjoy my little story, and a big welcome to.

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

arizona77
Tenderfoot

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  10:32:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit arizona77's Homepage Send arizona77 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by NoahsArk

Welcome to the board!

Thank you, NoahsArk, glad to have found such a nice place. I assume you have a lot of animals? What kinds:O)
Loree in AZ
Go to Top of Page

arizona77
Tenderfoot

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  10:34:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit arizona77's Homepage Send arizona77 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Hook

Welcome to the board from Canada. You will like the folks here.

Everyone is so nice, it's really great to find this group of knowledge. Waving at you in Canada from AZ!!
Loree in AZ
Go to Top of Page

arizona77
Tenderfoot

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  10:44:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit arizona77's Homepage Send arizona77 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Budman

Welcome to the board!!

Where is Paulden AZ? I lived in Tucson for 7 years, beautiful place!

Budman

Hello Budman!! Tucson is down south of us, we are about in the middle of the state, maybe 50 miles southwest of Flagstaff, in the *desert mountains* (oxymoron??)
Thanks for the welcome!!!
Loree in AZ
Go to Top of Page

arizona77
Tenderfoot

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  10:53:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit arizona77's Homepage Send arizona77 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by appygirl

Welcome to the board, Loree. Sounds like your herd is growing from several different angles! Choncho will get it all figured out with the socialization skills before long. I'm glad he came to you as he did. Wow, Montana! One of the states I'm dying to visit someday.

You will have to visit some day, Appygirl, tis a most beautiful place!! Do you have Apps (dumb question, huh;)? I forgot to add that the pic of the snowcap App mare is a girl we rescued but didn't have her long. She ended up with a distended bowel and we had to put her down. The short time we had that girl, I really fell in love with her (she had been bred to the point of worn out, poor girl)
I added a few pics to my album too, a better one of Choncho, he used to have a tail to the ground before Rebel got it;O)
Any pics of your horse/horses?
Loree in AZ
Go to Top of Page

arizona77
Tenderfoot

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  10:58:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit arizona77's Homepage Send arizona77 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by fracturedbones

Welcome Arizona!
Great story. Lucky horses to have you!
Wow, what a climate change from AZ to Montana!
We actually have rain in S Cal, started last night...probably on it's way to you!
Have never heard of your town, what area in AZ are you located?

Thank you, Fracturedbones (dare I ask;) I like playing in the snow better then playing with tumble weeds;O) We were supposed to get the rain ya'll are getting, but it seems to have fizzled out crossing the border, dern it!!
We live in the central mountains of AZ, about 150 miles north of Phoenix.
Loree in AZ
Go to Top of Page

Jacobs Buddy
Advanced Rider

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  6:45:23 PM  Show Profile Send Jacobs Buddy a Private Message
Welcome!! from Wisconsin.
You will like this board. Great people here. Great place to get good advice. Your horses sound great. You sound like a great person to give them the special attention they need. There are so many horses that don't get that. I to am a sucker for the needy. Just today I was on one of my little driving arends for work when I seen a man standing on the corner holding a sign (WILL WORK FOR FOOD) it was about 7:15 am, cold out and not a very nice day to stand outside. I had no work for him and not a penny in my pocket. Wished I could have done something.
But any way. Welcome

I whisper but my horse don't listen.
Go to Top of Page

PaintHorses
Beginning Rider

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2006 :  8:47:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit PaintHorses's Homepage Send PaintHorses a Private Message
Hello,
I have posted a few messages but haven't formally introduced myself. My name is Cheyanne, I live in South Alabama and breed and raise Registered Paints and Quarter horses. I have one stallion standing and a 2 mares, I am looking for another stallion, prefferably a grulla tobiano or a Dun overo. So far I've enjoyed the site and like the posts, seems like there is a lot going on around here lol. I do have a question though..how can I get a pic to post on my profile page when I want to post a message. I've seen a lot of members with pics in their message posts and I'd like to put on of my Tobiano stallion up but can't seem to get it to work. I'm pretty good with computers, but this has me stumped! Can someone help me? THANKS!

Dixidoe
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  05:45:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
TO POST PICTURES ON THE FORUM
· Open an account at http://photobucket.com
· Click BROWSE on the add pictures screen and upload your picture from your hard drive. This make take some time depending on the size of your picture file
· When the upload is complete right click on the third line down titled “img” then COPY. With my computer I don’t have to highlight, when I right click all of the required file info is highlighted
· Now go to your post on the forum and put the cursor where you want the picture.
· Right click, PASTE and you are done.
· Good idea to use preview on forum to check size of the picture. If it is too large go back to photobucket and use the edit function to reduce the size.

Good luck.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  08:19:49 AM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message
Thank you for the invitation, Arizona. I'm hoping to visit Montana and other westerly states sometime before I depart this planet for the netherworld.

I own one app, Hi-Grey; he's a few spot lepoard. Since I board him out, I only have him. He is the best trail horse I've ever ridden.

Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

Go to Top of Page

PaintHorses
Beginning Rider

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  09:03:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit PaintHorses's Homepage Send PaintHorses a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Hook

TO POST PICTURES ON THE FORUM
· Open an account at http://photobucket.com
· Click BROWSE on the add pictures screen and upload your picture from your hard drive. This make take some time depending on the size of your picture file
· When the upload is complete right click on the third line down titled “img” then COPY. With my computer I don’t have to highlight, when I right click all of the required file info is highlighted
· Now go to your post on the forum and put the cursor where you want the picture.
· Right click, PASTE and you are done.
· Good idea to use preview on forum to check size of the picture. If it is too large go back to photobucket and use the edit function to reduce the size.

Good luck.

Thank you Hook, I appreciate the help. I'll see if I can get it to work today, I hope everyone didn't think I was rude with the no intro...I just got so into the forum posts I didn't think about anyone not knowing a darn thing about me lol. Just to give you a little more info about me other than my horses, I have a miniature Shnauzer named Bailey (Due to have pups soon) and a Yorkie named Dixie and 2 cats, Trouble and C.C. Married to a great guy works out of state in construction so it feels more like a long distance relationship sometimes lol, but we manage. We live in South Alabama, but hope to move out of the area by the end of the year, economy here has really taken a down hill spiral. I want Texas but he doesn't...Montana is gorgeous Appygirl, but darn the winters. Southern blood would freeze up in 5 minutes lol. We've talked about Florida since we're not far from the state line. But where ever we go it has to be where the horses and others can go, I'm not parting with my 4 legged children! Thanks again Hook for the help on the photos. Have a great week everyone!

Dixidoe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000