Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussions
 General Information
 DE HAA - T-SHIRT DESIGN CONTEST
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2006 :  7:48:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
I propose a contest to develop a “t-shirt” suitable logo that we can use to promote the club. It should have the letters HAA prominently displayed with perhaps with the words “Daily Equine” and perhaps room for a sponsor like “The Saddle Shop” and perhaps a web page for the saddle shop and …., you get the idea. In fact I like the idea so much I think I will post it as a separate topic on the forum with a free HAA T-shirt to the wining design. (my treat)

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson

Edited by - Hook on 01/17/2006 7:48:17 PM

Horsecrazygirl
Clinician

USA
2132 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2006 :  8:03:04 PM  Show Profile Send Horsecrazygirl a Private Message
What a great idea!
I'll see what I can come up with!

"In the steady gaze of the horse shines a silent eloquence that speaks of love and loyalty, strength and courage. It is the window that reveals to us how willing is his spirit, how generous his heart."

"The horse, gives you the freedom from all life's challenges." H.Z.

Go to Top of Page

beccajane
Trainer

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2006 :  11:29:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit beccajane's Homepage Send beccajane a Private Message
NOW I've got a job to do......I'll have to ponder this for a bit.....
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2006 :  7:47:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
Do we have any designs for our HAA T-shirt yet?

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

Budman
Advanced Rider

USA
230 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2006 :  2:27:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Budman's Homepage Send Budman a Private Message
Sounds like a job for Flooper!!!!
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2006 :  5:23:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message
I have been thinking about it, but simply am not that creative! Would love to have a T-shirt if someone can come up with an interesting design....

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

sharon
Advanced Rider

USA
232 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2006 :  6:09:26 PM  Show Profile Send sharon a Private Message
Ok. I must be brain dead. I get it "DE" Daily Equine; but HAA? Remind me please.

"You never know til you know for sure and even then its hard to tell."
Go to Top of Page

beccajane
Trainer

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2006 :  8:00:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit beccajane's Homepage Send beccajane a Private Message
OK...so I come up with a design....how do I post it?
Go to Top of Page

Horsecrazygirl
Clinician

USA
2132 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2006 :  8:11:21 PM  Show Profile Send Horsecrazygirl a Private Message
I've got one!
Now I've gotta get a way for it to be on here!

"In the steady gaze of the horse shines a silent eloquence that speaks of love and loyalty, strength and courage. It is the window that reveals to us how willing is his spirit, how generous his heart."

"The horse, gives you the freedom from all life's challenges." H.Z.

Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2006 :  05:22:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by sharon

Ok. I must be brain dead. I get it "DE" Daily Equine; but HAA? Remind me please.

Horse Addiction Anonymous (HAA) Where a dedicated group of horse people vow to "help" other chronically or newly addicted horse people to persue er..... Control, thats it, control their habit. If you feel a horse or horse stuff purchase coming on, you MUST share and get the advice of the HAA executive committee or one of the members before the purchase to get free consultation.

Original thread
http://www.dailyequine.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2709

Hook(ed)......on Horses

Edited by - Hook on 01/19/2006 05:34:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2006 :  05:30:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
I think if you scan the design as a jpeg it could be posted the same as a picture. The final design culd be E-mailed direct and I will take it to a T shirt place to have one or more made.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

Go to Top of Page

sharon
Advanced Rider

USA
232 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2006 :  7:06:50 PM  Show Profile Send sharon a Private Message
Hook, I love free consultation except when it comes from anyone whose title ends with in-law!
Anyway, thanks for clearing me up on that. I am still in denial about an addiction. Horses are just an interesting little hobby. Again, horses are just an interesing little hobby. Keep repeating until you believe it.

"You never know til you know for sure and even then its hard to tell."
Go to Top of Page

sbower
Clinician

1083 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2006 :  9:07:55 PM  Show Profile Send sbower a Private Message
I'm not very good with graphics, but how about we all pitch in with some one liners that could go on a shirt like...

If I'm here to look at a horse, don't sell it to me!

I'm under a court order to stay 100 feet away from any horse for sale!

Repeat after me "I do NOT need another horse"!

Come on I KNOW you all are funny!

<'\__~
_(( // ====

Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  08:12:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
Flooper;

Need your help on this with your photo fixing talents.

I picture a HAA logo, in a circle about 3" in diameter with the letters a good size in a curve around the circumference with perhaps Horse Addiction Anonymous in smaller letters for the upper chest or sleeve of the Tee shirt. Then maybe, HAA large horizontal with Horse Addiction curved around the top and Anonymous at the bottom.

Then on the back ,a large HAA over the shoulders with room for a totaly approprite saying exemplyfying the goals of HAA with perhaps a picture, serous or comical.

Any one else, can you help with some more ideas?

Hook(ed)......on Horses

Edited by - Hook on 02/20/2006 05:37:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  08:27:46 AM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message
Definitely have to have a picture on there; perhaps, even a pic with a horse in the foreground and then some smaller pics above/behind of a truck and trailer and the other 'costly' items that come with our addictions.

Also, we would definitely need to list dailyequine.com, with Chuck's approval, of course.

Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  10:55:39 AM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message
I may be the only one with this problem, but my hair is so long, it'll cover up quite a bit of what's on the back of the shirt when I have my hair in a pony tail. And when it's down... well... you might as well forget seeing what's on the back of that shirt at all.

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  11:27:16 AM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message
Time for a haircut, or you'll have to wear 'pig tails'! lol

Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000