Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussions
 General Information
 Dixie is for sale
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dixiesmom
Beginning Rider

145 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  02:11:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dixiesmom's Homepage Send Dixiesmom a Private Message
I posted a week or two ago about having to sell Dixie due to my health and finances. Well, I just put an add on Dreamhorse.com for her. Her id is 766829 for anyone interested. Keep your fingers crossed that a good home comes along soon!

Melissa

Dixie--black & white paint mare, 3yrs in April
Pete--roan missouri foxtrotter gelding, 21yrs in April

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  05:13:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
Good Luck Melissa. Checked out the add. Looks like a good price and very nice description.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson

Edited by - Hook on 02/26/2006 05:14:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

paintedbliss
Trainer

USA
618 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  09:16:08 AM  Show Profile Send paintedbliss a Private Message
She looks great in the picture, very good price. Good luck, i don't think you'll have much trouble finding a buyer.
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  09:23:33 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
I know this was a hard decision for you. Dixie is really a nice looking filly. (((HUGS)))

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  09:41:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
Very nice price and pic, Melissa! You shouldn't have any trouble finding her a new home. I'm sure that it won't be easy to let her go though....

Blondy's Dude AND Chubby horses in her pedigree! Those Chubby's get around, don't they?!!

-Saddletramp

"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"
Go to Top of Page

Dixiesmom
Beginning Rider

145 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  3:02:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dixiesmom's Homepage Send Dixiesmom a Private Message
Well, less than 24 hours later and a sale is pending. A lady from Nebraska contacted me this morning, and after several emails, talking on the phone and such, we have a sale agreement and I am delivering Dixie halfway next Sunday. I have a good feeling about this lady, so am hoping it's a good thing. Her hame is Pat, she is 57 years old and has been riding and raising horses most of her life. She used to train some when she was younger. She has several yearlings, but is tired of waiting for them to grow up, but wants a young horse. So she is buying Dixie and selling the yearlings. She has agreed to keep in contact with me via email and phone, and to send pics and keep me updated on how Dixie is doing. She sounds like a VERY nice person and is very excited to get Dixie. I was hoping she would stay local, but NE isnt all that far I guess.

Melissa

Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  3:52:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message
Wow, that was quick, but I'm not surprised, since she looks to be a terrific buy! So glad you have found what seems to be just the right kind of person for her.

Know from personal experience that your heart is probably a bit heavy right now...but you are doing the right thing!

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

34me
Groomer

31 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  7:33:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit 34me's Homepage Send 34me a Private Message
I am so happy you have found a new mom for Dixie. REALLY HAPPY, was starting to talk to my husband about her, just what i need (NOT), had the whole speech planned out, she is just right in Kansas, i am in OKlahoma. But really, sorry for your health condition. Good Luck.
Go to Top of Page

beccajane
Trainer

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  11:17:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit beccajane's Homepage Send beccajane a Private Message
Sound like things were meant to be....I'm sorry that you are parting with Dixie, but YOU COME FIRST this time! You need to relax and concentrate on the healing process and then you can go back to being wild and crazy! Just kidding...really, you need to care for you right now. Pete will be there for some relaxation therapy. Sounds like Dixie has someone who will care for her as much as you did and you made the right decision, no matter how tough. I will keep you in my prayers and try to help you through this as much as I can.....Hang in there!
Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  08:36:22 AM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message
Melissa:

I'm sure that you have found Dixie a wonderful home, and I know this is a relief for you. I have sold a couple horses off of Dreamhorse, and they went quickly as well.

Now you can concentrate on getting well so you can continue sharing your love with Pete and enjoying the trails.

Hugs and Prayers,

Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

Go to Top of Page

tagnrocky
Clinician

USA
1776 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  11:50:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit tagnrocky's Homepage Send tagnrocky a Private Message
I'm sure you have mixed emotions about the sale, but it truly sounds like this was meant to be. The lady sounds nice and knowledgeable. Good luck to you as you continue on with your treatments. We are all pulling for you and will be there if you need to vent.
((HUGS))
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

paintedbliss
Trainer

USA
618 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  12:03:41 PM  Show Profile Send paintedbliss a Private Message
I'm so glad you've found a nice new owner for dixie. I can only imagine how difficult this is for you, but at least you can keep in contact with her. You need to take care of yourself now and pete will be there to listen.
Go to Top of Page

Dixiesmom
Beginning Rider

145 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  5:00:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dixiesmom's Homepage Send Dixiesmom a Private Message
Thanks for all your support and kind words. It really means alot to me. This week is going to be a tough one. I spent about a half hour working with Dixie today on loading in my 2 horse and she did great. Then I went a shared a few quiet minutes with Pete, got some hugs, shed a tear, and felt much better.....he always makes me feel better. I truely feel like he WANTED to come back home to me, that he knew I needed him. I mean, I have NEVER had a problem catching him, and all of a sudden he refuses to let my cousin catch him? For a whole year? LOL Guess it was his way of saying "I need to go home..........NOW!" If it hadnt been for the divorce I was going through he would never have left in the first place. Pete is that "once in a lifetime" horse for me, although I will miss Dixie alot, it would crush me to lose Pete. Sorry for the ramble.......LOL Just in one of those moods.

Melissa

Go to Top of Page

paintedbliss
Trainer

USA
618 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  6:30:11 PM  Show Profile Send paintedbliss a Private Message
I'm big on believing certain horses come into ones life for a reason. Whether it's fate, divine intervention or whatever pete came back into your life when you needed him most for a reason. He probally needed you just as much as you need him.
Being in the medical profession I have found animals are a wonderful therapy, more people who are loved and surround themselves by a special animal heal better than one that does not. Pete is your therapy.
Go to Top of Page

beccajane
Trainer

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  6:51:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit beccajane's Homepage Send beccajane a Private Message
It's understandable that you are melancholy. As I said, I do beleive there angels on earth and most of them have 4 legs! Sometimes those halos slip just a hair... ;) Give Pete a hug for me today, just in case you need an excuse! Then give Dixie 2. Thinking good thoughts for you.......
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  05:28:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
I like your determination to do what it takes to beat this thing. My thoughts are with you and we are here for you.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000