Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Saddle and Tack Topics
 Saddle Brands
 Circle Y saddles - understanding the model #
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

4-HMom
Tenderfoot

5 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2004 :  05:59:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit 4-HMom's Homepage Send 4-HMom a Private Message
I was wondering what all the information on the circle Y saddle tin label means. I know you're supposed to be able to tell the year and maybe seat size. Here's one I'm wondering about: 3330 1500 1198 01
14 Equitation. Is the equitation a good saddle and does that 14 in front mean the seat size is a 14 inch ? I know Circle Y's are great as I have an older one myself and even a youth one for sale. Just don't know all the info on the tags.

Chuck
Forum Admin

USA
1265 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2004 :  06:15:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Chuck's Homepage Send Chuck a Private Message
Here is what I know....

The first digit "3" shows the level/cost of the saddle with 1 being the highest and 3 being the lowest (entry level). The first 4 digits is the model # "3330" - I don't know how to interpret that. The next two digits is the seat size "15" is 15inch. The next two digits is the color:

00 Dark Oil
01 Walnut
04 Regular Oil
07 Ultra Lite
08 Pecan
18 Black

I beleive the next 6+ digits is the date and unique identifying number.

You have a 15" entry level Dark Oil Antique Saddle which I think was made in 1998.

*new in 2004 the tree size has been added as the last two digits.

Chuck

-The Saddle Shop
-Where horses like to shop!
http://www.horsesaddleshop.com
Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2004 :  09:27:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
I've learned something! Thanks for the great question 4-HMom! Excellent reply, Chuck, you made it very easy to understand! I'm gonna keep this info handy!

-Saddletramp
"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"
Go to Top of Page

4-HMom
Tenderfoot

5 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2004 :  9:05:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit 4-HMom's Homepage Send 4-HMom a Private Message
Thanks for the great info. Now I'm going to check all the circle y's in our house and see what I can find out about them. I appreciate the help very much!
Go to Top of Page

liray
Tenderfoot

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2004 :  6:40:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit liray's Homepage Send liray a Private Message
Dear chuck:

Like I said in another post, I have a circle Y for Pleasure, I got it used and I had to condition the back of the leather that the Stirrups hang and also but something though the Stirrups to get them in the correct position.

I had gotten on a couple of diffrent horses in the barn with the saddle that is used for them and seem to like it better, it seems that my saddle has alot more to it then others.

this saddle was in really great shape for a used saddle from what I was told and for what I paid for.

I was told to use the Horsemans one step, I also have the Lexol conditioner which I use where it can not be seen in case it lightens the color. How long do you think it will take to break this saddle in, because right now I sometimes am not to crazy about it.

Lisa

Lisa stetz- Breeder of LIRAY English Springer Spanels & all breeding Handler
Go to Top of Page

Rhoads Quarterhorses
Tenderfoot

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2004 :  2:36:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rhoads Quarterhorses's Homepage Send Rhoads Quarterhorses a Private Message
Chuck i just bought a used Circle Y saddle.Your number system has me baffeled please help me with my numbers
12roping-allaround
please help me to find out as much as posible about my saddle
thank you John

John A. Rhoads
Go to Top of Page

Chuck
Forum Admin

USA
1265 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2004 :  3:04:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chuck's Homepage Send Chuck a Private Message
When all else fails go to the source.

http://www.circley.com/

Chuck

-The Saddle Shop
Go to Top of Page

Rhoads Quarterhorses
Tenderfoot

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2004 :  06:12:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rhoads Quarterhorses's Homepage Send Rhoads Quarterhorses a Private Message
thanks for the guidance

John A. Rhoads
Go to Top of Page

Rhoads Quarterhorses
Tenderfoot

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2004 :  11:28:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rhoads Quarterhorses's Homepage Send Rhoads Quarterhorses a Private Message
thank again Chuck I called circel Y and learnd that my saddle Number
is model nuber 2735
made in november of 1986 and was the second saddle compleated in that run. the fact that it was made in 1986 really supprized me it is in exlant condition with only one sracht from a rope evan the fleece looks alomst new. so i thought( and was told ) that it was about five or six years old
so i was supprized and pleased to see that the Circle Y will stand up so well
thanks again

John A. Rhoads
Go to Top of Page

WildFilly
Tenderfoot

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2004 :  11:55:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit WildFilly's Homepage Send WildFilly a Private Message
Thanks to everyone! I never thought i could learn so much about my circle Y from those numbers. I was very surprized to find out my youth saddle my mother got used for me when i was a kid was made in 84. It is in great condition and if i wasn't 6ft tall now i'd still ride in it! It'll always me my favorite saddle.
Go to Top of Page

Chuck
Forum Admin

USA
1265 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2004 :  05:28:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Chuck's Homepage Send Chuck a Private Message
bump

Chuck

-The Saddle Shop
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2004 :  05:54:49 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
WOW!! Who knew?? Great thread!!

Thanks for the bump!

Karen & Joe
Paoli, IN USA

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

barnbum
Tenderfoot

18 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2004 :  2:47:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit barnbum's Homepage Send barnbum a Private Message
I went to the Circle Y website and couldn't find what the chart for interpreting the last two digits for tree size. If the last two digits are 02, what size would that be?
Go to Top of Page

Chuck
Forum Admin

USA
1265 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2004 :  8:43:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chuck's Homepage Send Chuck a Private Message
What are all the numbers. If it is an older (over a year) Circle Y, the last two digits represent the sequential number that particular saddle was in the mfg run.

Chuck

-The Saddle Shop
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000