Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussions
 General Information
 Riding Buddy Needs Prayers
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  08:15:29 AM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message
I learned last night that my friend, Sue, has had a heart attack and is in the hospital. Those who went on the DE ride met Sue there.

Please keep her and her family in your prayers.

Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  10:15:24 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
OH NO! Please tell Sue I'm thinking of her and will keep her in my prayers.

Do you know how serious it is?

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  10:32:31 AM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message
PG, I will relay such to Sue. From talking to Lonnie last night, the docs at the Frankfort hopsital believe the heart attach was mild, but they are sending her via ambulance this morning to a Lexington hospital for a hearth cathertization and stint placement as there is some sort of blockage. The Lexington hospital is a better facility and will be able to do more in depth testing to ascertain whether or not her heart muscle has been damaged. She was in ICU last night in Frankfort. I'm awaiting a call from Lonnie today to brief me on her condition.

Appygirl

The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,

Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  12:17:49 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message
OH Darlene! I'm so sorry! My prayers are with Sue, Lonnie, and you. Sue is such a great gal. I really enjoyed the few times I've ridden with her and you. Keep us abreast of developments, and tell Sue I'm with her in spirit.

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  7:40:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message
Please tell Sue I will be thinking of her & praying for a quick recovery!

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

Horsecrazygirl
Clinician

USA
2132 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  8:03:37 PM  Show Profile Send Horsecrazygirl a Private Message
Please tell her shes in my prayers!

"In the steady gaze of the horse shines a silent eloquence that speaks of love and loyalty, strength and courage. It is the window that reveals to us how willing is his spirit, how generous his heart."

"The horse, gives you the freedom from all life's challenges." H.Z.

Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2006 :  05:14:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
Our thoughts are with you and Sue. Sounds like things will be okay but what a scare.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2006 :  08:09:31 AM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message
Phoned and spoke with Lonnie last night. Sue didn't get the heart cath done yesterday because of a scheduling conflict and will have it done today. He said she was feeling tired, but a little better. I relayed all of your comments to Lonnie to pass along to Sue.

Thanks for your kind thoughts and prayers.

Appygirl

The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,

Go to Top of Page

FLOOPER
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2006 :  09:14:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit FLOOPER's Homepage Send FLOOPER a Private Message
OMG! Give Sue my best wishes, and I hope she recovers fully and quickly. Sometimes, these things can be blessings in disguise. Sure hope Sue is gonna be okay.

Flooper

"I'm a man. I can change. If I have to. I guess."
The Man's Prayer from the Red Green Show
Go to Top of Page

paintedbliss
Trainer

USA
618 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2006 :  09:16:42 AM  Show Profile Send paintedbliss a Private Message
I hope your friend's recovery goes well.
Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2006 :  08:29:37 AM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message
Sue had her heart cath done yesterday and there are no blockages; however, what she has is a static arrythmia (sp), which her doctor says, she was born with. They only found it becuase her heart rate jumped up to 200 while they were doing the cath. She is home for now, but will go back to the hospital on 3/20 to have a procedure done for the arrythmia. From what Lonnie told me, this procedure should totally take care of this problem for ever.

I bet it won't be long until Sue is back to her sassy little self! ;o)

Thanks for all of your prayers and good thoughts. I've relayed them to Lonnie and will print them off to give Sue a copy of them.

Appygirl

The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,

Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2006 :  11:57:33 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
That's GREAT news. I'm so glad Sue is going to be okay and sure hope she'll be riding again soon!

Please tell both Sue & Lonnie that I'll be thinking of them.

((((HUGS))))

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2006 :  8:00:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message
What a relief to hear!! Hope she will be well & back on the trails soon!

Vicki
Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  9:27:22 PM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message
Just spoke with Sue and she's feeling better but still tires very easily. She's looking forward to having her procedure on 3/20 and is hopeful that it will correct her arrythmia. She's anxious to get back in the saddle and said she told her doctor he'd better have her well in time for her trip to Mammoth Cave in May.

I relayed (read) her all of your best wishes, thoughts and prayers and she asked me to thank each one of you for them.

Appygirl

The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,

Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000