Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Saddle and Tack Topics
 Fitting Your Saddle to You
 Fitting Barrel Saddle
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

iceblue
Tenderfoot

1 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2004 :  9:58:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit iceblue's Homepage Send iceblue a Private Message
Hi,

I'm 5'5" and 120lbs. I am looking for a new barrel saddle and I'm wondering what seat size would be best. For barrel racing and gymkhana, I prefer a more "snug" feeling, but of course, not too tight. I am looking into a 5" cantle so I was thinking a 15" seat would fit well. Any thoughts?

Also for Chuck if you happen to read this: Is the "Design your own barrel saddle" saddles made by Dakota Saddlery? And how do you think these saddles compare to Circle Y? Do you think Circle Y saddles are worth the extra money?

Thanks in advance!

-Victoria

Chuck
Forum Admin

USA
1265 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2004 :  04:52:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Chuck's Homepage Send Chuck a Private Message
Victoria,

I would recommend a 15" seat.

Yes the design your own saddles are made by Dakota. I feel $ to $ the Circle Y has a slight edge over Dakota. Mainly because of the branding which means something when it comes time to sell the saddle.

Chuck

-The Saddle Shop
-Where horses like to shop!
http://www.horsesaddleshop.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000