Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forum Suggestions & Information
 Testing Forums
 Posting Pictures
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2004 :  10:25:10 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
I don't think there is a way to upload pictures directly to the fourm so they do need to be online somewhere. Photobucket allows "hotlinking" and it's VERY easy to use. What you would need to do is:

Create an account & upload your picture
Once the pic is uploaded you will see 3 lines of code under it (URL, TAG & IMG).
Copy the 3rd line. It has the IMG code.

Once you get to the "New Topic" window in the forum, just paste the line. It will already contain the proper code.

It should look similar to this without the *:

[*img]http://www.photobucket.com/yourpicture.jpg[*/img]

Hope this helps! I want to see pictures!!

edited to make more sense! LOL!

Karen & Joe
Paoli, IN USA

Edited by - PaintGal on 02/21/2005 05:52:56 AM

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2004 :  2:48:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
I think that is the only safe way to do it also....post the pic to a hosting site. If you link directly to a file on your own computer....who knows what a hacker could do to your computer....

I'm just never around my computer during the times that photobucket allows new accounts to be set up....

-Saddletramp
"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"
Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2004 :  2:48:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
I think that is the only safe way to do it also....post the pic to a hosting site. If you link directly to a file on your own computer....who knows what a hacker could do to your computer....

I'm just never around my computer during the times that photobucket allows new accounts to be set up....

-Saddletramp
"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2004 :  10:03:48 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
BUMP

Karen & Joe
Paoli, IN USA

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2004 :  10:03:48 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
BUMP

Karen & Joe
Paoli, IN USA

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

ttyndale
Trainer

USA
744 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2004 :  12:21:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit ttyndale's Homepage Send ttyndale a Private Message
Thanks for the info on how to post a picture. I plan to get my own digital camera so that I can always have some decent pictures on hand. This is a picture of a spirited 16yr old Quater Horse that I ride at the stables. He can run really fast and is strong as an ox. He is a very willing horse. The photo may be kind of big.

quote:
Originally posted by PaintGal

I don't think there is a way to upload pictures directly to the fourm so they do need to be online somewhere. Photobucket (http://www.photobucket.com/) sounds like they allow "hotlinking". What you would need to do is:

RIGHT click on the PICTURE & find properties
Copy the URL (address)

Once you get to the "New Topic" window in the forum, click on the 4th icon from the right. If you hold the cursor over it, it says "insert image".

Paste the URL to your picture between the img brackets. It should look similar to this without the *:

Karen & Joe
Paoli, IN USA

Troy T
Go to Top of Page

ttyndale
Trainer

USA
744 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2004 :  12:21:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit ttyndale's Homepage Send ttyndale a Private Message
Thanks for the info on how to post a picture. I plan to get my own digital camera so that I can always have some decent pictures on hand. This is a picture of a spirited 16yr old Quater Horse that I ride at the stables. He can run really fast and is strong as an ox. He is a very willing horse. The photo may be kind of big.

quote:

I don't think there is a way to upload pictures directly to the fourm so they do need to be online somewhere. Photobucket (http://www.photobucket.com/) sounds like they allow "hotlinking". What you would need to do is:

RIGHT click on the PICTURE & find properties
Copy the URL (address)

Once you get to the "New Topic" window in the forum, click on the 4th icon from the right. If you hold the cursor over it, it says "insert image".

Paste the URL to your picture between the img brackets. It should look similar to this without the *:

Karen & Joe
Paoli, IN USA

Troy T
Go to Top of Page

FLOOPER
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2004 :  5:31:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit FLOOPER's Homepage Send FLOOPER a Private Message
Troy,
Cool picture. That's a BIG horse!!!
Go to Top of Page

FLOOPER
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2004 :  5:31:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit FLOOPER's Homepage Send FLOOPER a Private Message
Troy,
Go to Top of Page

ttyndale
Trainer

USA
744 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2004 :  9:31:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit ttyndale's Homepage Send ttyndale a Private Message
Yeah Rockio is probably about 16 hands or so. You should see how I mount him. I don't even put my foot in the stirup. I put one hand on the horn of the saddle and one hand on the cantel and leap right on. I love the reaction that I get when people see me do that. They say, how you do that! I guess I am just enjoying my youth while I still have it.

One time I tried my "cowboy leap" on another horse (I should have known better because the horse was the kind that spooks easily.) As I leaped, my cowboy hat fell off and it spooked the horse. He moved as I was trying to jump on his back and I fell to the ground. I still had hold of the reins so he took me for a little spin on the ground. The episode must have lasted for about a good 5 - 10 seconds. I was glad he didn't step on me while I was on the ground. Fortunately only my riding buddy witnessed the ordeal. I was fine. I now make sure I only do that on a horse that isn't so spooky.

quote:
Originally posted by FLOOPER

Troy,

Troy T
Go to Top of Page

ttyndale
Trainer

USA
744 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2004 :  9:31:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit ttyndale's Homepage Send ttyndale a Private Message
Yeah Rockio is probably about 16 hands or so. You should see how I mount him. I don't even put my foot in the stirup. I put one hand on the horn of the saddle and one hand on the cantel and leap right on. I love the reaction that I get when people see me do that. They say, how you do that! I guess I am just enjoying my youth while I still have it.

One time I tried my "cowboy leap" on another horse (I should have known better because the horse was the kind that spooks easily.) As I leaped, my cowboy hat fell off and it spooked the horse. He moved as I was trying to jump on his back and I fell to the ground. I still had hold of the reins so he took me for a little spin on the ground. The episode must have lasted for about a good 5 - 10 seconds. I was glad he didn't step on me while I was on the ground. Fortunately only my riding buddy witnessed the ordeal. I was fine. I now make sure I only do that on a horse that isn't so spooky.

quote:
Originally posted by FLOOPER

Troy,

Troy T
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  06:22:45 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by ttyndale

Troy T

I feel like the riding police!! I hope you take my criticism as constructive criticism which how I intend it.

The "cowboy leap" is for movies. Leaping onto a horse like that can damage a horse's back and cause soreness. You pull the horse off balance when you begin the jump and then while the horse is off balance or has braced himself for the pull, you plop down on the saddle with all of your weight. For example, if you weigh 175lb & your horse weighs 1200lbs, it would be comparable to someone dropping over 25lbs on your back (if my math was right ) as they yank you to the side.

Another consideration would be for others that may ride this horse. He will become hard to mount and more likely to dance around or take off before the rider gets seated.

Have you tried 4 wheelers? They go fast, don't tire or get "tied up" and you can jump on them as much as you like. ROFLMAO!! Just joking with you!

Karen & Joe
Paoli, IN USA

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  06:22:45 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
quote:

Troy T

I feel like the riding police!! I hope you take my criticism as constructive criticism which how I intend it.

The "cowboy leap" is for movies. Leaping onto a horse like that can damage a horse's back and cause soreness. You pull the horse off balance when you begin the jump and then while the horse is off balance or has braced himself for the pull, you plop down on the saddle with all of your weight. For example, if you weigh 175lb & your horse weighs 1200lbs, it would be comparable to someone dropping over 25lbs on your back (if my math was right ) as they yank you to the side.

Another consideration would be for others that may ride this horse. He will become hard to mount and more likely to dance around or take off before the rider gets seated.

Have you tried 4 wheelers? They go fast, don't tire or get "tied up" and you can jump on them as much as you like. ROFLMAO!! Just joking with you!

Karen & Joe
Paoli, IN USA

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

fracturedbones
Clinician

3424 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  10:21:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit fracturedbones's Homepage Send fracturedbones a Private Message
Ok, computer impaired here...I try to click on the box with the "x" and don't get a pic...what am I doing wrong here?????
Go to Top of Page

fracturedbones
Clinician

3424 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  10:21:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit fracturedbones's Homepage Send fracturedbones a Private Message
Ok, computer impaired here...I try to click on the box with the "x" and don't get a pic...what am I doing wrong here?????
Go to Top of Page

ttyndale
Trainer

USA
744 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  4:00:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit ttyndale's Homepage Send ttyndale a Private Message
I am not touchy concerning the constructive critizm. You are probably right. I probably did witness that in a movie or something. Maybe I will stop doing that. I never considered it from the horse prospective, that it may be uncomfortable. It never seems to bother them when I do it. I am sure that I will think about what you said when I find myself tempted to do it.

I am learning as I go.

quote:

quote:

Troy T

Karen & Joe
Paoli, IN USA

~~~~~~

Troy T
Go to Top of Page

ttyndale
Trainer

USA
744 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  4:00:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit ttyndale's Homepage Send ttyndale a Private Message
I am not touchy concerning the constructive critizm. You are probably right. I probably did witness that in a movie or something. Maybe I will stop doing that. I never considered it from the horse prospective, that it may be uncomfortable. It never seems to bother them when I do it. I am sure that I will think about what you said when I find myself tempted to do it.

I am learning as I go.

quote:

quote:

Troy T

Karen & Joe
Paoli, IN USA

~~~~~~

Troy T
Go to Top of Page

fracturedbones
Clinician

3424 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  6:34:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit fracturedbones's Homepage Send fracturedbones a Private Message
For some reason now the Troy's pic is up, very clear! Nice pic of both of you and background. One of you looks like Eddie Murphy! (that is a complement in my book!)
Go to Top of Page

fracturedbones
Clinician

3424 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  6:34:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit fracturedbones's Homepage Send fracturedbones a Private Message
For some reason now the Troy's pic is up, very clear! Nice pic of both of you and background. One of you looks like Eddie Murphy! (that is a complement in my book!)
Go to Top of Page

ttyndale
Trainer

USA
744 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  8:49:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit ttyndale's Homepage Send ttyndale a Private Message
No offense taking about the Eddie Murphy thing. The photo doesn't do me justice; I am much more handsome than him

quote:
Originally posted by fracturedbones

Troy T
Go to Top of Page

ttyndale
Trainer

USA
744 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  8:49:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit ttyndale's Homepage Send ttyndale a Private Message
No offense taking about the Eddie Murphy thing. The photo doesn't do me justice; I am much more handsome than him

quote:
Originally posted by fracturedbones

Troy T
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2004 :  10:24:47 AM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message
Okay, I might not be blonde, but I don't quite understand this. How do you "create an account & upload your picture"? I guess I need a "How to Post Photos for Dummies" book .

BTW: I do have photos in my "My Pictures" file under "My Documents". Where do I go from there?
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2004 :  10:24:47 AM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message
Okay, I might not be blonde, but I don't quite understand this. How do you "create an account & upload your picture"? I guess I need a "How to Post Photos for Dummies" book .

BTW: I do have photos in my "My Pictures" file under "My Documents". Where do I go from there?
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2004 :  10:26:59 AM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message

I hope this works!
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2004 :  10:26:59 AM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message

I hope this works!
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2004 :  10:58:14 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
Ginger,

Did you create your account in Photobucket? Once you do, there should be an "upload" option somewhere on your screen. (I don't use it so can't tell you exactly where it is.) There should be a "browse" option and you'll use it to navagate to the pics on your computer you want to upload. When you find the pic, click it and and then upload it!

Once the pic is in Photobucket, copy the IMG tag, and paste it into the post here!

Simple as 1,2,3.

Karen & Joe
Paoli, IN USA

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page