Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Saddle and Tack Topics
 Tack Questions and Comments
 loin rubbing
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

catbarber
Tenderfoot

1 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2006 :  6:56:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit catbarber's Homepage Send catbarber a Private Message
Does anyone have an idea where to start looking for the cause of loin rubbing?

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2006 :  7:30:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
Welcome to the Forum.
Need a bit more information about what you mean by loin rubbing. I am not familiar with the term. Perhaps you can describe where it is and what it looks like. Perhaps a Picture?

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

hmeyer
Clinician

USA
2194 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  11:16:24 AM  Show Profile Send hmeyer a Private Message
The first thing that came to my mind was colic. But then, that would actually probably be more like flank rubbing? I think the loin is actually on the back. Maybe the horse needs to see an equine chiropractor if it is having some pain in the back area. Or maybe a skin/itch problem?

... Uh oh. It just struck me that I am probably way off base here and you are probably talking about a saddle rubbing the loin? (Since this is in the tack section!!) If so, sorry.

"You learn a thing a day, you store up smart" - Festus Haggen

"A manís soul canít be hidden,
From the creatures in his care." -
Hard Candy Cowboy by Debra Meyer

Edited by - hmeyer on 03/06/2006 12:51:21 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000