Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Saddle and Tack Topics
 Discussions on Fitting Saddles to the Horse
 Arabian bars, Qtrhorse bars, etc
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

WhatARide
Tenderfoot

2 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2006 :  6:05:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit WhatARide's Homepage Send WhatARide a Private Message
I've been reading some of the past posts and noticed 'Breeze' question regarding the 'bars' of a saddle were never really addressed.
Can someone enlighten me to what the difference/meaning is of the different 'bars' of a saddle?

I'm in the process of fitting a very round, flat and short back Arabian Mare. And as I research, I keep coming up with more questions than answers
Thanks.

paintedbliss
Trainer

USA
618 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2006 :  7:02:51 PM  Show Profile Send paintedbliss a Private Message
Generally semiqh bars are 6" to 6 1/4" quarter horse bars are 6 1/2" to 6 3/4 and full quarterhorse bars are 7" and over. Sometimes different brands vary, but i believe basically that's how they are sized.
Go to Top of Page

WhatARide
Tenderfoot

2 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2006 :  5:48:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit WhatARide's Homepage Send WhatARide a Private Message
thanks for the info.

I also found this site http://tinyurl.com/fbqkw
which was very helpful in explaining further.
Go to Top of Page

BreezedBayou
Beginning Rider

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2006 :  11:14:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit BreezedBayou's Homepage Send BreezedBayou a Private Message
Hi WhatARide. My problem is I guess I don't have the typical "Arabian" as far as the back goes. And like you, the more I read the more confused I get because everyone has different opinions of that information. But I got this e-book by Galadriel which did help a bit. I guess the typical SQHB, FQHB, etc are differentiated by the actual gullet width and the angles of the bars are all 90% degrees. Here is the link to the book if you would like it http://tinyurl.com/jlp52 . For right now there is only one saddle at The Saddle Shop that is an Arabian type that will fit my horse. I don't really care for the Abetta/Codura type. So for now I continue my search for a saddle that will fit her.

With your horse she sounds like she has the typical Arabian style body. Do try Chucks templates, they helped me a lot but what helped me the most was take a flexible wire and use that to take the shape or her withers and do a tracing then I held it up to the templates to find the match. Let me know how things go.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000