Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Caring and Owning Horses
 Horse Appraisal and Conformation
 Angel's pedigree
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TripleB
Beginning Rider

65 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2006 :  10:32:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit TripleB's Homepage Send TripleB a Private Message
Angel's pedigree is below, I just copied and pasted it, so I am not sure it is layed out right... Anyway, I was wondering if anything stuck out, good or bad.... She is becomeing a pretty good horse and the father-in-law wants one baby out of her. He was thinking of trying for a mule, but I was hoping for the chance at a spotted baby, or no baby. Horses are so much prettier (IMO) But wondered if it would be a waste to breed her, there are so many unwanted horses already, And I know this is just a phase and he will probably sell it before training it much. She has had a really good looking guy about 5 yrs ago, But I don't know how long they even breed them...
All comments good or bad are welcome :D Thanks!

Oh, and sorry that you can't see her legs well, I don't seem to have pics that show them, but I think they look pretty nice...

APHA 4 Generation Pedigree For: ANGEL LADY - 1995 CHESTNUT Tobiano Mare 00327646

Sire Side of Pedigree
TOP MOON
BUGS ALIVE IN 75 Q0168392 BLACK
Q0935618 SORREL RALPH'S LADY BUG
YOUR INHERITANCE Q0530817 SORREL
Q1665685 SORREL BAR BOB
BELLA BAR BOB Q0056698 CHESTNUT
Q0828708 SORREL CHANTABELLA
VALENTINO BUG Q0175488 SORREL
Q2542610 CHESTNUT TIDY SWEEP
DASHING FELLOW Q0205478
Q0725302 BAY MISS PACOS ROPER
DASH OF SUE Q0230925
Q1602441 SPANISH LARIET
RULE CREEK SUE Q0088380 SORREL
Q0219306 HIGBEE PAL
Q0130845

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dam Side of Pedigree
CHUBBY
BUD CHUBBY 00001491 BLACK T
00015692 PALOMINO T SEQUEL WENDY
CHUBBY PEDRO Q0324986 SORREL
00034205 BAY T JIM'S NUBBINS
DIXIE'S APACHE 00002774 BLACK T
00008121 BLACK T DIXIE CARLA
DEVILLADY UNRG2729
00108939 BLACK T DOUBLE DEVIL
RED DEVIL Q0213370 SORREL
00008000 SORREL T TRIANGLE LADY I
CRESCENT LADY 00005508 PALOMINO T
00017731 BAY T DOUBLE BACK
CRESCENT SUE Q0228637
Q0414003 SYLVIA ELSIE
Q0063556

TripleB
Beginning Rider

65 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2006 :  10:36:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit TripleB's Homepage Send TripleB a Private Message
Here is one that shows her legs some...

Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2006 :  05:35:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
Her sire's side has a lot of Quarter horse Race breeding

TOP MOON -
BUGS ALIVE IN 75 Q0168392 BLACK -
Q0935618 SORREL RALPH'S LADY BUG

are very well known succesful at racing and siring race horses. A lot of thes bloddlines show up in barrel horse pedigress today.

Bottom side lookes like traces back to some foundation quaterhorses like Chubby. Don't know paint bloodlines.

As for breeding, although we do it to keep some of the bloodlines we have had for over 25 years it is far more ecomomical and less risk buy a foal then to breed one. When you are buying you have choices in looks, temperment and conformation. When you breed you have a 50% chance of geting a filly or colt, little choice in colour, conformation and temperment as delivered, not to mention the vet bills and the stress. With horse prices as low as they are, far better to buy what you want.

Pluses of course, they are cute and you can raise them like you want them, assuming you have the ability to train a young horse.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

Phoodforhorses
Beginning Rider

Canada
83 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2006 :  10:21:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Phoodforhorses's Homepage Send Phoodforhorses a Private Message
You've got a horse with a nice mix of Paint, TB and QH. As mentioned above, the QH looks to be more of the older foundation type (good cow or ranch horses). The TB looks like a lot of racing lines like Top Moon, Moon Deck and actually goes back to Man O War. I didn't really recognize much in the Paint lines.

Your horse looks to have nice conformation but I'd need a better shot of the legs and feet from the side. The right front foot looks to be a bit toed-out but it could just be that one pic.

I'd have to agree that it's much easier to buy a foal than to try breeding your own. So much can go wrong when you breed and vet bills for the mare or foal can get to be very expensive. I'd rather take a chance on something that's already here, but that's just me.

Your mare looks nice though.
Go to Top of Page

Boots
Beginning Rider

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2006 :  3:17:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Boots's Homepage Send Boots a Private Message
quote:
(Hook): As for breeding, although we do it to keep some of the bloodlines we have had for over 25 years it is far more ecomomical and less risk buy a foal then to breed one. When you are buying you have choices in looks, temperment and conformation. When you breed you have a 50% chance of geting a filly or colt, little choice in colour, conformation and temperment as delivered, not to mention the vet bills and the stress. With horse prices as low as they are, far better to buy what you want.

Yep.

Boots

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tell me, and I forget. Teach me, and I may remember. Involve me, and I learn. Ben Franklin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Truth is not determined by a majority vote.
- Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger
(Now Pope Benedict XVI)

Go to Top of Page

TripleB
Beginning Rider

65 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2006 :  8:36:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit TripleB's Homepage Send TripleB a Private Message
Thanks for your responses! I completly agree about buying rather than breeding. They want a baby to mess with for awhile, but I can bet ground work is all that will get done. By the time it is old enough to start under saddle it will be sold I bet. I was curious about her breeding, none of the names mean anything to me! I have omly heard of Bugs Alive and thats it. I just think she is so pretty, not our easiest ride, but she is trying!
How do you guys find out all this breeding stuff? Do you google, or read books? Or what? I just eat up all this info! I am one of those people who read shampoo and cereal boxes for fun ( I know, too much time on my hands!)
Thanks again guys!

Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2006 :  06:25:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by TripleB

How do you guys find out all this breeding stuff? Do you google, or read books? Or what? I just eat up all this info! I am one of those people who read shampoo and cereal boxes for fun ( I know, too much time on my hands!)
Thanks again guys!

We have raised / bred quarter horse for over 30 years. Like you we have read a lot of horse books and have researched pedigrees because of our interest in breeding. We have a quite a library of horse info. Most of the current paint, appaloosas and quarter horses trace back to a few thoroughbred running horses mixed with some working horses with AQHA beginning a registry in 1948.

Western Horsemen have a lot of books on pedigrees and there are certainly folks who will research the pedigree on your horse and give you a complete report.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2006 :  11:45:44 AM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message
Hook; I may be wrong, but I was sure that the AQHA was established in 1940... two years after the ApHC came into existence in 1938.

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2006 :  4:07:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Red Hawk

Hook; I may be wrong, but I was sure that the AQHA was established in 1940... two years after the ApHC came into existence in 1938.

You are absolutely correct 1940 was the date, justlooked it up in the rulebook. I didn't think it was older than me:)

Hook(ed)......on Horses

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000