Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussions
 General Information
 BAD WORMER UPDATE
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lCPERFORMANCEHORSES
Tenderfoot

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2006 :  12:55:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit lCPERFORMANCEHORSES's Homepage Send lCPERFORMANCEHORSES a Private Message
BIMECTRIN LOT # 5j019 EXPIRES SEPT 07 IS THE ONE LINKED TO THE DEATH OF THE HORSES.
Sharon

SHARON
LOVE THEM DONT KILL THEM!

PaintHorses
Beginning Rider

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2006 :  9:33:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit PaintHorses's Homepage Send PaintHorses a Private Message
Checked on Jeffers Equine today in Dothan Alabama. They have posted the press release for the batch number and have pulled it from their sales. Thank goodness I don't ever use that brand of wormer.

Dixidoe
Go to Top of Page

lCPERFORMANCEHORSES
Tenderfoot

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2006 :  12:41:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit lCPERFORMANCEHORSES's Homepage Send lCPERFORMANCEHORSES a Private Message
Good, so far I have only got one batch number.
The one I gave is resposible for most of the deaths, so far 5 have died, others are responsible for sickness.
Sharon

SHARON
LOVE THEM DONT KILL THEM!
Go to Top of Page

dodib
Trainer

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2006 :  09:09:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit dodib's Homepage Send dodib a Private Message
so if I have that type of wormer as long as the batch number is different it is ok???? The illness, deaths were only linked to one batch number right??

Dorthy Brown
Go to Top of Page

PaintHorses
Beginning Rider

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2006 :  09:30:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit PaintHorses's Homepage Send PaintHorses a Private Message
For the press release done by a major equine supply distributor check this out. They say it's the batch # but here is the link for yall to read from Jeffers Equine. This company is a VERY popular selling site, good prices. And very informative

jeffersequine

Scroll down to the "wormer" link on the left hand side of the home page where you see all the supply catagories, just look for Bimectrin and it will have a link to the press release they have put out for consumers. I didn't have a chance to check the whole thing out yesterday. Got a mare due to foal and been running around getting things ready for her. If anyone has any problems with the site let me know and I'll try again.

I think countrysupply
has also pulled it from their stock, but I haven't checked yet. Both of these companies are high on my list for products if I can't get it closer to home. The tax here where I live in Alabama will kill ya! lol. Everyone take care, and watch out for your horses. I've started using Jeffers Ivermectrin or Equimectrin because of my mare, it's safe for her at any stage of her pregnancy. Jeffers brand is on sale right now for $2.99 for the first 6 tubes, broad spectrum for bots etc. Single dose is $3.38. Beats $10 and up on some others that to me don't do anything better like they claim.

Dixidoe
Go to Top of Page

dodib
Trainer

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2006 :  09:33:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit dodib's Homepage Send dodib a Private Message
No Country Supply is where I got mine and it was just delivered either Monday or Tuesday............... when I pull it up now it still shows as for sale so.....
Like i said the batch number is different but it does concern me

Dorthy Brown
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2006 :  11:56:53 AM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message
Just my humble opinion, but if I had any of that brand of wormer regardless of the batch number, I wouldn't use it. My horses' lives are too valuable to me. It'd be like possibly giving one of my children poison. If I still wanted to use it, I might try it, again, 4 to 6 months down the line. I'm just glad I don't use that brand and, until now, have never heard of it.

Just my 2 cents worth.

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

PaintHorses
Beginning Rider

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2006 :  1:32:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit PaintHorses's Homepage Send PaintHorses a Private Message
Ok, I wasn't sure about Country Supply. Haven't looked at theirs in a few weeks. Hopefully enough people will be wary and use another wormer until they get this stuff situated. I don't think I've ever even used Bimectrin before, so it was news to be in the beginning. I almost ordered it not long ago since Jeffers had it on sale, but I got the stuff I stated before instead since it was regularly lower priced. I swap out every so often so parasites don't get immune anyway, but I'm not going to get this stuff anytime soon no matter what batch number it is. I guess when it comes to my stallions and broodmares I am a VERY protective mother lol, but then again after what I go through to breed and keep my bloodlines I don't take ANY chances.

Dixidoe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000